AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an HD-A35 with FW 3.0 (updated sometime during the summer). I was watching a brand new disc tonight and the picture froze (with the timer still counting forward). This had been happening to me some before and usually I could just go back a chapter and come forward again and all would be ok.

Tonight when I did that it totally froze. Threw some different errors up (10004050 at one point), and now it basically always goes to 200bc600 error and the disc will not eject.

If I do hit disc eject (both on unit and remote) it says "Opening" for a while, but doesn't do anything (I can't even hear any type of motor running to try and open the disc drawer). Sometimes it seems to get frozen on "Opening".

I have already tried a hard reboot (left it powered off for over 10 minutes). I can get access to the setup menu and have also re-initialized it.

I'm to the point where I'd be willing to try the FW upgrade over ethernet (it sees the 4.0 upgrade and asks me if I want it), but am afraid to do so with a disc in the drive).

Anyone seen this behavior or have any advice?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I've had that happen with my A1, though not recently. I unplug it and press the power button until the red light goes out. Then plug it back in and press the Eject button instead of the power button.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBeatnik /forum/post/15506601

I've had that happen with my A1, though not recently. I unplug it and press the power button until the red light goes out. Then plug it back in and press the Eject button instead of the power button.

Didn't seem to work for me. I tried your solution above (held the power button until the red light went off). Gave it a bit and then plugged it in and hit the Eject button. It beeped.. gave me the "Welcome" message on the LED.. and then sat for a really long time with no display on the TV now.. eventually, I hit eject again and it switched to "2007C023" error code on the front.

Update: I was afraid it was bricked, but re-booted it again and just waited it out. It ended up going back to the original problem. Displaying on the TV again, but having the '200bc600' error. When I hit Eject, it says MSG on the LED and "Cannot Play the disk. Check the Disc" on the TV.

I'm losing hope, but any ideas or suggestions from anyone is really appreciated!

·
Registered
743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc6j /forum/post/15509963

Didn't seem to work for me. I tried your solution above (held the power button until the red light went off). Gave it a bit and then plugged it in and hit the Eject button. It beeped.. gave me the "Welcome" message on the LED.. and then sat for a really long time with no display on the TV now.. eventually, I hit eject again and it switched to "2007C023" error code on the front.

Update: I was afraid it was bricked, but re-booted it again and just waited it out. It ended up going back to the original problem. Displaying on the TV again, but having the '200bc600' error. When I hit Eject, it says MSG on the LED and "Cannot Play the disk. Check the Disc" on the TV.

I'm losing hope, but any ideas or suggestions from anyone is really appreciated!

The XA2 has a hard reset: using the remote: press display - 7 - 0 - 1 - display. I don't know if that will work for the A35, but it would be worth a try.

I know you initialized the player, but did you also delete all persistent storage? If not, I would give that a try.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The first thing you need to do is get that disc out of the player. Open the lid, get at the drive and open the drawer manually.

Then use the lan connection to update to firmware 4.0. I found 3.0 to be "buggy".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts