AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 200th episode of Home Theater Geeks is coming up at 2:30 Pacific time today, Thursday, April 3. My guests will include headphone maven Tyll Hertsens, 3D wizard Gene Dolgoff, and popular technologist Robert Heron. We'll be talking about how the AV industry has progressed in the last 4 years and what we might expect in the next 4 years, plus answering questions from listeners. To watch live, go to live.twit.tv , where you can join the chat room and post questions for any of the guests. You can also post questions in this thread, and I'll pass along as many as I can.

I hope to see you in the chat room!

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
14,938 Posts
Greetings,

Congratulations Scott! I am proud to have contributed to your first 200 episodes. You do a phenomenal job with the show and your efforts a truly appreciated.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

A 3D questions for Gene...

1) With 4K sets now available, I think many fans of 3D were expecting manufacturers to go with passive 3D displays which should allow you to watch native 1080p24 films in 3D with the resolution upscaled such that each eye would be receiving a 3840x1080 image (full horizontal resolution x 1/2 vertical resolution) at 24 fps, effectively negating the main drawback of passive 3D.  However, most manufacturers have stuck with whatever type of 3D they had been using on their 1080p sets (LG uses passive, Samsung uses active, Sony uses passive on some models and active on others, and Vizio seems to be doing away with 3D on their sets).  Any idea why Samsung and Sony, in particular, are still using active 3D on their 4K sets?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Congratulations Scott.....looking forward to the next 200 episodes. Big fan of the show.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts