AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Greensboro, NC. Thought I'd post a thread for this year's coverage. I am on the Raycom broadcast. Raycom carries the tournament on various over-the-air stations inside the footprint of the ACC. The ESPN networks carry the coverage to the rest of the country, and should be blacked out inside the ACC areas.

Here's the tourney schedule:

2010 ACC Tournament Bracket and Schedule

Opening Round: Thursday, March 11

#8 Boston College vs. #9 Virginia Noon (RAYCOM)

#5 Wake Forest vs. #12 Miami 2 p.m. (RAYCOM)

#7 Georgia Tech vs. #10 North Carolina 7 p.m. (RAYCOM/ESPN2)

#6 Clemson vs. #11 NC State 9 p.m. (RAYCOM)

Quarterfinals: Friday, March 12

#1 Duke vs. #8/#9 Winner Noon (RAYCOM/ESPN2)

#4 Virginia Tech vs. #5/#12 Winner 2 p.m. (RAYCOM/ESPN2)

#2 Maryland vs. #7/#10 Winner 7 p.m. (RAYCOM/ESPN2)

#3 Florida State vs. #6/#11 Winner 9 p.m. (RAYCOM/ESPN2)

Semifinals: Saturday, March 13

Semifinal 1 1:30 p.m. RAYCOM/ESPN

Semifinal 2 3:30 p.m. RAYCOM/ESPN

Championship Game: Sunday, March 14

Championship Game 1 p.m. (RAYCOM/ESPN)

Here's a link to the Raycom affiliates:

http://raycomsports.com/index.php/AC...local_listings

Raycom games are 1080i and stereo. (Your station may upmix them to 5.1 with a magic box, like my WECT does in Wilmington).

I'd say Go Tar Heels, but I'm a realist.

I'll check in throughout the games and see what's being said. Enjoy the games!

WS

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'll be there on Friday as I managed to get some tickets from a friend of a friend. I am also hoping that the Heels will make it there. I would be happy to see NC State on Friday also.

Now, I just need to find a close by sports bar with Altitude or a couple of other RSNs that will have the SEC tournament game on so I can catch the end of the Tennessee Ole Miss game (assuming UT can beat LSU Thursday). Or does anyone know if I can stream ESPN 360 over the Coliseum WIFI? (I have it at home so I could be able to do remote)

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Catching some of the game during lunch. WSFX and WYDO/WFXI are carrying the games in eastern NC. Both stations look good, but only WSFX has a 'magic box' to make the sound seem 5.1

I don't know of any triangle station that has a 5.1 upconvert either.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good morning from GSO. Webcam is in the Raycom control room this morning and afternoon.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/snf-mixer

Upper right - producer Rob Reichley

To his right - director Billy McCoy

Bottom of the frame - TD Mike Voigt

Upper Left - AD Pat O'Reilly

We air today at noon ET on Raycom.

WS

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 /forum/post/18305530

Watching on WRAL today OTA ... and the audio has been stuttering all game so far.

Is this a WRAL issue or a Raycom one?

Must be local. No one here has said anything. They'd call us. Believe me.

W

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Something just happened about 5 minutes ago... WRAL OTA, for about a minute or two went between blocky/stuttering video and black screen... then when all that stopped, the audio seemed to be fixed.

So I guess WRAL finally took care of it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Great to hear from you, I'm enjoying your broadcast. However, who is responsible for the very mediocre music groups that intro the games the last few years? What is the point - do they pay Raycom?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
WBT in Charlotte came to you guys early...as in Northstar HD bars were still up. Oops.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
There were all kind of problems during the game. Blacking out, freezing, bad audio, and the score at the bottom was all whack. This was on both WRAL and WECT at the very same time. This was not a local affiliate issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts