AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've been trying to find the answer to the following question online, however, have not had much luck.

I own:

2010 MacBook Pro 15" Base

Moshi Mini Display to HDMI (supports audio passthrough)

Now, onto my question:

When connected to an HDTV via HDMI, does OSX output RGB 0-255 or RGB 15-235?

I just can't tell for myself anymore. For days (not an exaggeration) I have been trying to get a perfect picture when using my MacBook Pro with Boxee on my 40" LCD Television. Is there a way to determine what kind of output signal I'm sending via OSX?

There was a single forum post I came across on the Boxee forums that suggested the 2010 Mac Minis outputted RGB 16-235, however being the only post I could find on the topic, I'm questioning whether or not that information is accurate.

I've spent countless days switching between PC mode on/off, HDMI Black Level Low/Normal in PC Mode, and HDMI Black Level Low/Normal outside of PC mode, and I can't distinguish which combination is the correct combination. Each setting looks OK just until I load up another media file, and then that is either too dark or washed out.

I have also run the Display Calibration Wizard several times. I'm using the default HD profile adjusted to output Gamma at 1.8.

Any help is appreciated, however I would like to stress that I am eagerly looking for an answer to the question in bold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts