AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday Night Football on ESPN HD

San Francisco 49ers (3-7) at Arizona Cardinals (3-7)

Live from University of Phoenix Stadium, 8:30 PM ET

720p & DD5.1

Please include your source in your posts (Cable, Sat, Fiber, IPTV, OTA simulcast in home markets) and your location.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
NFL wishes that they could fast forward this game.. Good division, 2 leaders are tied for first (Rams & Hawks) with a 5-6 record and bottom teams (49ers & Cards) tied for last place with a 3-7 record...

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks_Fan
This is one game I am going to skip (D*). Two teams headed nowhere.
OK. Good to know.

I'm going to watch. You never know when an anticipated bad game can turn into a good game.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 /forum/post/19563499

NFL wishes that they could fast forward this game.. Good division, 2 leaders are tied for first (Rams & Hawks) with a 5-6 record and bottom teams (49ers & Cards) tied for last place with a 3-7 record...

Each team is only 1 1/2 games back. Believe it or not, still alive. We could have a division winner with a losing record. I don't think that has happened before.

Well we're going to make up for it next Monday night. Jets vs. Pats. Both teams 9-2, battling for the AFC East.

By the way, the game tonite looks and sounds good on Cablevision LI, NY

·
Registered
896 Posts
Good picture so far. See Fox? This is how it's done. Not your jagged, dull mess in "720p." ESPN via Comcast.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepier /forum/post/19565852

Each team is only 1 1/2 games back. Believe it or not, still alive. We could have a division winner with a losing record. I don't think that has happened before.

Well we're going to make up for it next Monday night. Jets vs. Pats. Both teams 9-2, battling for the AFC East.

By the way, the game tonite looks and sounds good on Cablevision LI, NY

NBC and ESPN have to be beside themselves. The last two games of next weekend - Steelers at Ravens on NBC, Jets at Patriots on ESPN - are the best of the whole weekend (well, add in Fox's game of Atlanta at Tampa Bay as third choice). I think CBS' got nothin'. You can tell it's a slow week when they assign Nantz/Simms to [email protected]

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
God what a stinker of a game! As bad as the Niners are, Arizona is positively wretched on both sides of the ball. This game had every potential to match what had to be the worst game ever on MNF, a death match between the NY Giamts and the then Saint Louis Cardinals in 1983. It was a four hour torture session that ended in a 20-20 tie when both teams literally refused to win the game by dropping sure TD passes and/or missing easy field goals in OT. Ok so last night wasn't as bad as that but it was trying to be. The guys in the booth had to work very hard to keep the patter going since there was nothing to talk about. Had to love Mike "I wear my sunglasses at night" Singletary. Maybe Corey Hart was updating his original music video? If Troy Smith doesn't work out, Kate Smith will be next and if she can't cut it, there will be two bearded guys with a bucket full of cough drops out there calling signals. The Niners goal, if they don't make the playoffs, is to have every notable Smith they can find play QB this season

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
It was a bad game if you aren't a 9ner fan. Even so, it hid most of the flaws SF has when faced with a quality opponent. The Cards played in complete disarray, neither team, talent wise, is as bad as their record or as shown last night. They just have been coached or learned to play bad football. Both feature bad to marginal QB play, inconsistent defense and an inability to out scheme/out think they're opponents. The physical domination the 9ners displayed was uncharacteristic. That's part of their gameplan, but they are rarely successful against anyone...and...though they have beatup on the Cards over the last couple of seasons, it hasn't been one sided, just victories.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
i'm a niner fan and the game was atrocious.

arizona obvioulsy has already given up on their season.

i couldn't believe the lack of effort they demonstrated on both sides

of the ball. no effort to rush the qb, just standing in place and jumping up and down.

the niners haven't been able to run the ball all year, except against arizona.

that game was so atrocious that all arizona players should be fined for embarrasing the nfl, except

larry fitzgerald who exhibited some effort.

geez if i was an arizona season ticket holder i'd demand my money back.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 /forum/post/19570150

I think WWE RAW beat out MNF last night in ratings

You thought wrong:

MNF = 4.4

WWE = 1.8

Monday Night Football (8:30pm, 197 minutes)

- 11.202 million viewers

- 7.0/12 HH

- 4.4/12 A18-49

WWE Raw (8pm)

- 4.025 million viewers

- 2.3/4 HH

- 1.5/4 A18-49

WWE Raw (9pm)

- 5.180 million viewers

- 2.9/4 HH

- 1.9/5 A18-49

WWE Raw (10pm, 68 minutes)

- 5.069 million viewers

- 2.9/5 HH

- 1.9/5 A18-49

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ers-more/73982

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.