AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday Night Football on NBC HD

San Diego Chargers (5-5) at Indianapolis Colts (6-4)

Live from Lucas Oil Stadium, 8:20 PM ET

1080i & DD5.1

Please include your source in your posts (Cable, Sat, Fiber, IPTV, OTA) and your location.

·
Registered
385 Posts
? I've been in the Caribbean all week, and ESPN has been hyping this game as their Sunday Night special leading up to MNF. Guess I should have figured it would be an NBC rebroadcast on that ESPN feed. Got to see a bunch of interesting feeds on the ship, not that I spent all that much time watching TV... A little unclear how they got their TV on board, but I can only imagine it was C-band or something similar.

Our feed of SNF last week died during the commercial break at the two-minute warning in the 2nd half. Fortunately the game was no longer in question, I can only imagine if it wasn't!

·
Registered
385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy W /forum/post/19559369

Most likely DBS.

Perhaps. It was definitely not the normal US ESPN feed. Virtually all commercial breaks on ESPN content were old Sportscenter promos, etc. On the Thanksgiving games (CBS, FOX), there was the simple barker screen during what would have been local commercial blocks. Pretty sure the NFLN game was on ESPN; the cruise ship seemed to use that channel as a generic sports channel, not always actual ESPN. SNF last week was definitely an ESPN rebroadcast though -- no Bottomline, but there was an ESPN logo sitting over top the NBC one in the top right along with the "LIVE" text.

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is really weird, I'm getting this game in Savannah on Comcast just fine, on normal NBC, but also on another channel which has no sound, that is usually used for CSS SEC football/Braves games that is usually empty channel this is very strange that it is on 2 channels.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Comcast cable. Looks pretty good, sounds very good.

Colts fan, so very biased...but that non-call when Weddle wrapped up Wayne and got the pick-6 was criminal.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I'm starting to think that Peyton, when he checks the schedule when it's announced prior to the season, must be scanning it like this:

Jacksonville, OK, Houston, no problem, Tennessee, no problem, New England, always a toughie, San Diego...

San DIego?? (then puts his fingers to the bridge of his nose and shakes his head "Oy, these guys again").

5 losses in last 6 games (regular season AND playoffs) to the Bolts. Why haven't other teams (who Peyton dominates) started watching the Chargers games and using the same scheming? I mean, it seems not to matter who the Chargers defensive coordinator is (Wade Phillips, Ted Cotrell, Ron Rivera, the Easter Bunny), they just drive Peyton nutso.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.