AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday Night Football on NBC HD

Pittsburgh Steelers (8-3) at Baltimore Ravens (8-3)

Live from M&T Bank Stadium, 8:20 PM ET

1080i & DD5.1

Please include your source in your posts (Cable, Sat, Fiber, IPTV, OTA) and your location.

·
Registered
456 Posts
M&T Bank Stadium currently 33 °F

Tonight: Windy with partly cloudy skies. A few flurries are possible. Low 31F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph.

·
Premium Member
36,329 Posts
Looking good and sounding good so far, should be a great game.

I have to say, it's nice to finally see some quality video images as today's games on FOX, and even CBS, did not look all that great.

San Francisco - Comcast - KNTV

·
Registered
325 Posts
even with that challenging turf it still looks awesome.

one of the best NBC presentations i have seen this year...picture stays together even as the logos and graphics move onscreen which, so far this year, has resulted in massive blocking

i feel for ben's nose. ouch

·
Registered
417 Posts
That nose is broke...ouch

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Watching WTHR, Indianapolis, via Bright House Network. Another blurry, macro-blocking mess from NBC. Still shots look very good, but once there is movement it drives me crazy to watch football on this network. The macro-blocking is better this season than in the past, but tonight I'm noticing a very bad blurriness as they switch from one camera to another. Once it stabilizes, then it's good again. The constant change from clear to blurry is very distracting.

Some of today's Fox games were not the clearest, but I never noticed macro-blocking and blurry shots. The Cowboys/Colts game looked quite good on Fox.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
pq very good... nice and sharp, good color, only slight pixelation when the graphics zoom in and out, but none at all on camera shots of the action, even on closeups... as i've noted on threads for previous telecasts, nbc has really stepped up their game this year... it's as good as the gmen/skins game was earlier for me today, which was very solid here...

aq the usual... expectations are high, and they are met... plus no one banging a hammer in the surrounds this week...

wcau out of philly via fios, south jersey...

that broken looked RATHER painful...
been there, and it hurts...

ps. wendel, you doing the outdoor hockey game this year?

·
Registered
683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan /forum/post/19600703

Terrific football game, what happened on the field, and the broadcast itself.

Except for the officiating. Boy it sucks this year. I counted two blows to Ben's head, and, of course, the near decapitation of Heath Miller, all with no flags. Great job, refs.

·
Registered
683 Posts
And you have to love the weak-ass throw by Flacco to end the game. The Ravens will never get to the Super Bowl with Flacco. He is the ultimate deer-caught-in-the-headlights QB (another Neil O'Donnell).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.