AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday Night Football on NBC HD

Philadelphia Eagles (8-4) at Dallas Cowboys (4-8)

Live from Cowboys Stadium, 8:20 PM ET

1080i & DD5.1

Please include your source in your posts (Cable, Sat, Fiber, IPTV, OTA) and your location.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thought it was worth pointing out that in Dec 2010, WBAL (NBC Baltimore) still doesn't pass DD5.1 audio for SNF. Last I heard, it was only a few weeks away, and that was literally years ago. Wonder what happened? Whatever the excuse, it's pretty sad that they still can't handle it and we're a few weeks away from 2011. If they're not embarrassed, they sure ought to be!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Comcast Cable Phila/South Jersey

Great Picture quality and audio tonight.

Go Eagles!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAnnapolis /forum/post/19637807

Thought it was worth pointing out that in Dec 2010, WBAL (NBC Baltimore) still doesn't pass DD5.1 audio for SNF. Last I heard, it was only a few weeks away, and that was literally years ago. Wonder what happened? Whatever the excuse, it's pretty sad that they still can't handle it and we're a few weeks away from 2011. If they're not embarrassed, they sure ought to be!

Until the last few weeks, they were not alone. WDIV NBC Detroit finally fixed their audio system to pass 5.1 correctly from NBC. It was malfunctioning for over a year.

At least now I can enjoy SNF Mixer's work again.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,680 Posts
A very nice tribute to Don Meredith before tonight's game. Note most all the NBC SNF crew came from ABC's MNF, thus the historical link.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Just had to post this. Scrooge (KARE, Mpls/StPaul) is still bit-starving the game. And now they are kind enough to be screwing with the video to give us notification of such things as this morning's church service is (was?) cancelled, school delays in outer Minnesota schools in cities that are NOT covered by KARE, and my favorite: classes & activities on Sat 12/11/10 are cancelled.

·
Registered
385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/19638073

Until the last few weeks, they were not alone. WDIV NBC Detroit finally fixed their audio system to pass 5.1 correctly from NBC. It was malfunctioning for over a year.

I guess this leads to a bit of a philosophical question, which I guess I'll count as mostly rhetorical: Is it better to try and fail, or not to try at all?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/19638073

How high up the ladder did you have to go to get that one fixed?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Picture looked good, except for the parts where they put local school closings on the bottom 1/4-1/3 of the screen. Then they squished the pictuer into the top portion of the screen. The opposite of when you go to most restaurants around here and they have 4:3 SD material stretched to fill a 16:9 screen.

·
Registered
45,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by homcom /forum/post/19640297

To be fair it was not that long, still too long.

Are you sure? Seems to me it was at least a year, but I could be wrong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.