AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice to see those results for the 55vt30! I think my blacks have been getting slightly better over time but it's hard to tell. The only concern is that the VT30 might be about to 'bounce' like the ST and GT did. I assume they'll level out at about that level since the 'bounce' was pretty small? 2000 hours and the full story isn't told yet, man these plasma are weird animals!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow that temperature shift is crazy. So much for that expensive calibration! Almost have to wait until 2000-2500 hours if you want it to be stable for a long time.

Myself I'm just eyeballing it...if it looks good to me it looks good! Knowing me I'd spend the money and then it wouldn't look right to me anyways. So far it has looked pretty good with just adjustments to colour and contrast (which I often tweak based on the content and ambient brightness).

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm hoping CNET continues this test and measures the color shifts and black level at 2K and 3K hours. Would be interesting to see where it ends up.

Edit:

Does anyone know if CNET did the "break in" process?

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloimplant
Wow that temperature shift is crazy. So much for that expensive calibration! Almost have to wait until 2000-2500 hours if you want it to be stable for a long time.
Not a big deal. Instead of the normal 100 hours of burn in, just increase it to 6 days a week 24 hours a day for year.

I'm glad to see Panasonic did something about the black levels.

The test is good but I would have preferred that more than one of each unit be tested to make sure they didn't get an outlier. I guess that would be expecting too much. Although since all the Panasonics followed a similar pattern along with the Samsungs and within each brand, they all use more or less the same panel, that's pretty good confirmation the results aren't outliers.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloimplant

Myself I'm just eyeballing it...if it looks good to me it looks good! Knowing me I'd spend the money and then it wouldn't look right to me anyways. So far it has looked pretty good with just adjustments to colour and contrast (which I often tweak based on the content and ambient brightness).
That is exactly what I thought when I saw the test results.

Where did you see that the shift becomes stable at 2000-2500 hours? I was wondering if it ever became completely stable...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.