AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we pretty much all know from being on AVS and HDJ, the 2011 sets have a serious FBr issue. Panasonic USA seems to be handling the issue fairly well and has been deploying technicians to do a full EPROM flash from the service menu. Early reports confirm this either solves the issue altogether and/or makes it a lot more tolerable.

However, after contacting the Canadian Viera Concierge, I'm told this is a normal occurrence and Panasonic Canada will NOT do anything about it. This is complete BS and we need to get together and let them know exactly how we feel.

Every Canadian customer that has purchased one of these flawed sets should:

1) Call the concierge @ 1-866-330-0014 and complain about it. Explain how the issue has been addressed in the USA and ask for the same treatment.

2) Write reviews addressing this concern on websites such as Future shop, BestBuy, Sears, etc...

3) Hit social media and voice your concerns over the poor service received by Panasonic Canada.

Hopefully we can make Panasonic Canada change their stance on this.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For full disclosure, I own a 46ST30. It was purchased from Sears and am past the return window.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since you're an ISF calibrator, were you able to tone the FBr down a little bit or was there nothing you could do? My set has been ISF calibrated and I have not seen any improment in regards to FBr.

I hope to find many more Canadians that have either bought and returned one of those sets or still own one. We need to let Panasonic Canada know how much of an issue this really is.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've been considering an ST30 but after reading about the problem I emailed Panasonic Canada to see what they had to say about it. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Duane T, The ST30 is a great TV for the price - as long as they decide to implement the FBr fix. Keep contacting them and tell them what's been going on in the USA. They'll have to acknowledge the issue at some point?

I saw a post on another forum from a panny employee that said new sets would implement the fix straight from the production line. If that's indeed the case, they'll have to offer the fix to owners that bought a set before the fix was implemented.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear ya, but anything will help at this time. If you can spare 1-2 minutes, can you also poorly rate or review the TV on futureshop and bestbuy?

·
Banned
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepro
I hear ya, but anything will help at this time. If you can spare 1-2 minutes, can you also poorly rate or review the TV on futureshop and bestbuy?
Why waste your time now? The problem is already being addressed for customers who open a case.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not in Canada. When you call them they refuse to acknowledge the issue and tell you it's a normal occurrence. We're not as lucky as our neighbours down south. Or are you privy to information I am not?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinstripe
Wait, is the firmware that is released not the same for both countries?
The firmware, perhaps. But this fix is not a downloadable firmware. It's an EPROM flash that needs to be initiated from the service menu by a technician. And Panasonic Canada will not send a technician to do so since they won't even acknowledge the issue to begin with.

·
Banned
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepro
Not in Canada. When you call them they refuse to acknowledge the issue and tell you it's a normal occurrence. We're not as lucky as our neighbours down south. Or are you privy to information I am not?
My apologies. I read it on my iphone and could see the "Canada" portion of the thread title.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Has anyone been able to get Panasonic to address this issue yet? I'm losing my mind here. I would really love to just be able to enjoy my set instead of looking for FBr and they getting mad when I see them... It's so distracting

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, the way they're dealing with this is a real joke. If you haven't contributed to the poor rating on FS & BB, please go ahead.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'd be surprised if they fix this. As a Canuck G20 owner with floating black issues all they would say was it was a feature not a defect LOL so I had to live with it. I hope you guys fair better but I will never buy one of their sets again no matter what the reviews say.

The Panny's are plagued by stupid issues that are annoying when watching & they just won't address them. If my G20's black level didn't float it would be an amazing set but it isn't for the sake of this stupid problem & the FBr on these new sets is just their latest screw up.

Keep at them to force them to provide a fix. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Should we try to make like a facebook page for panasonic canada and ask the people on avs to like or something the page?

Get as much people for the support.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts