AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1424 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes. Should be tomorrow. I have been getting my son's class schedule straight the past 48 hrs and picking up his supplies...the last kid to push out the door soon!
I'm heading out the door for a big dinner where I'm one of the honorees. I may be too tired when I return tonight, but I will be up early so be on the lookout.

P.S. I also had to overcome a FW issue, but it was well documented by Mitsubishi. I will discuss that in more detail too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm planning to get the 73742 or 642 and had a couple questions. Does it come with glasses and if not, which ones are considered good?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just received my new WD-73C12 yesterday and I am thrilled! It replaces my 6+ years old Samsung 46" DLP...huge difference going from 720 to 1080. The stand I got from a friend...all it cost me was lunch.

·
Registered
880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDragonLord  /t/1425134/2012-mitsubishi-3d-dlp-owners-thread-c12-642-742-842-series#post_22362271

Just received my new WD-73C12 yesterday and I am thrilled! It replaces my 6+ years old Samsung 46" DLP...huge difference going from 720 to 1080. Thowhe stand I got from a friend...all it cost me was lunch.

how much did u buy it for it u don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone.

I'm also looking to buy a 92" too. Originally looking at 92840 for the price (~$2500 delivered). But since it'll be in my living room facing out to a 9'x4' window, I wonder if the 92842 will help reduce the glare?!

By reading the specs for the two (92840 & 92842), both have "clear contrast screen". But some of you said the 842 has matt screen. So please help me clarify.

Also, Enthuzist, would you mind telling me how much you got yours from Walts? Oh, did you take some pictures/videos for your new setup yet?
I'm anxious to see how your den looks.

Is there any Labor Day sale/package deals (with glasses) that any one's aware of?

Thank you

Nhi

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncom3  /t/1425134/2012-mitsubishi-3d-dlp-owners-thread-c12-642-742-842-series/0_100#post_22360408

enthuzist....you still gonna get pics up?

My first camera pics came out very dark for some reason. So I picked up my other camera from my office today and those are brighter, however my laptop is doing some long A/V processing so I can't upload them yet. As soon as that finishes, I will get them uploaded.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hainhi  /t/1425134/2012-mitsubishi-3d-dlp-owners-thread-c12-642-742-842-series/0_100#post_22364488

Hello everyone.

I'm also looking to buy a 92" too. Originally looking at 92840 for the price (~$2500 delivered). But since it'll be in my living room facing out to a 9'x4' window, I wonder if the 92842 will help reduce the glare?!

The 92842 and 92840 both have the clear contrast screen, which does have a glare if you have a direct shining light (some non-direct but not as bad). My window is to the right side perpendicular to the TV. I also changed out my lighting knowing that I was moving from a matte to a CC model. I highly prefer the CC over matte. If glare is uncontrollable then go for the 82" which has a matte screen.
Quote:
By reading the specs for the two (92840 & 92842), both have "clear contrast screen". But some of you said the 842 has matt screen. So please help me clarify.

Yes the 92" 840/842 series both have cc screens. The other sizes of the 842 series comes with matte screens.
Quote:
Also, Enthuzist, would you mind telling me how much you got yours from Walts?

Mine was a little over $3k. I got the full warranty uplift and white glove delivery.
Quote:
Oh, did you take some pictures/videos for your new setup yet?
I'm anxious to see how your den looks.

I have the pictures on my backup camera, which I a waiting to upload. My den will not be complete for another couple of weeks. I just bought a large throw rug, tables and some accent pillows I'm told I can't use nor lay on (wifey
). I'm actually about to start on the eat-in kitchen next which my wife has be installing a 47" LCD.

Quote:
Is there any Labor Day sale/package deals (with glasses) that any one's aware of?

Thank you

Nhi

A lot of places are having sales, but I'm noticing that a lot of stores are not advertising sales prices. You must call or go into the store (if applicable) to get the bottom line pricing. Don't be afraid to bargain for a good deal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I see that the c12 model is listed in this '3d dlp owners thread', but from what I'm looking at, there isnt any 3d support in the c12. Anyone confirm or deny?

I thought everything mitsu made recently in this size range had at least dlp-link capability built in.

But on the mitsu site in the specs table, the 3d box is empty under this set.

The owners manual for the c12 series also says "642 only" on the pages that talk about 3d.

Anyone able to clarify this one way or the other?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Mits wanted to provide options for those that didn't want streaming media or 3D, so they made new sku #'s...refer to the Overview document in the first post. I included all of the 2012 models anyway for uniformity.

·
Registered
216 Posts
the top models have the 3d support built in,I think most lower models have a external emitter option you can buy.

I went to pauls local here today and couldnt get the price walts or pauls online would do until I called them and had them send me the online best price.I got a 82842 for 2099,I decided against the CC screen,I could just see too many reflections in it even in low lighting environment, I believe the CC is really just a dedicated home theater room display in a almost dark room its great,but I watched them side by side at pauls in low lighting and I thought the matte screen was very close in crispness with almost no glare,so thats what I went with. I think mits changed the CC screen on the 80s just cause they are becoming more common place as living room displays these days.

I also got some other features in the 842 model that I could nt get in the 840 CC model. Football season should be great this yr with a better bigger display,and a much better team in the redskins...finally got a decent qb,I wont know what to do watching a team actually win some games on a new display ....high hopes anyway....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncom3  /t/1425134/2012-mitsubishi-3d-dlp-owners-thread-c12-642-742-842-series/0_100#post_22366229

the top models have the 3d support built in,I think most lower models have a external emitter option you can buy.

I went to pauls local here today and couldnt get the price walts or pauls online would do until I called them and had them send me the online best price.I got a 82842 for 2099,I decided against the CC screen,I could just see too many reflections in it even in low lighting environment, I believe the CC is really just a dedicated home theater room display in a almost dark room its great,but I watched them side by side at pauls in low lighting and I thought the matte screen was very close in crispness with almost no glare,so thats what I went with. I think mits changed the CC screen on the 80s just cause they are becoming more common place as living room displays these days.

I also got some other features in the 842 model that I could nt get in the 840 CC model. Football season should be great this yr with a better bigger display,and a much better team in the redskins...finally got a decent qb,I wont know what to do watching a team actually win some games on a new display ....high hopes anyway....

Yes, my Panthers looked very good on the 92". I had to go to a non-local channel to get RGIII in 1080p. I can't wait until Wednesday!

·
Registered
216 Posts
i was so irritated that non of the skins preseason games were contracted for hd,cbs and fox have both been doing sd the last few yrs of preseason for the skins...when is this crap gonna end...you would think all nfl would be hd by now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this forum and am looking into buying the new 73", so either the 73742 or 72842. The difference is about 300$ in price. But when I look at the specs, I was thinking if the additional features are worth paying extra. All the features (except the bluetooth RF) look to be sound related. I have a good home theatre system (Harman Kardon + Polk audio), so do not really need the audio related features. Any thought?

Also, is it worth buying an extended warranty? Walts offers a 6 yr one for ~300 bucks.

Thanks

Vik

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik2002  /t/1425134/2012-mitsubishi-3d-dlp-owners-thread-c12-642-742-842-series/30#post_22367403

Also, is it worth buying an extended warranty? Walts offers a 6 yr one for ~300 bucks.

I would say that hearing about the DMD chip going bad (micromirrors sticking in place) is the only worry I have about buying a DLP. I am sincerely interested in looking for the best extended warranty option available. I do not look at it as a percentage cost of the display overall (~$200 5 year warranty for a 73" $950 TV), but rather peace of mind knowing that I won't have to worry about it for 5 years financially. To me, that peace of mind is completely worth it. However I do know that a lot of people are more interested in the bottom line cost in the here and now rather than the overall potential cost of ownership in the long run, depending on how long you want this TV to last.

Given what I have researched and found on the mits DMD chips getting stuck, I think the extended warranty is worth it, given the price for one DMD replacement chip out of pocket (~$250 is what I found in said research).

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncom3  /t/1425134/2012-mitsubishi-3d-dlp-owners-thread-c12-642-742-842-series/0_100#post_22366328

i was so irritated that non of the skins preseason games were contracted for hd,cbs and fox have both been doing sd the last few yrs of preseason for the skins...when is this crap gonna end...you would think all nfl would be hd by now.

I never could understand that being that I live in their local viewing area, which overlaps Panthers viewing area, but Panthers are shown in 1080p.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vik2002  /t/1425134/2012-mitsubishi-3d-dlp-owners-thread-c12-642-742-842-series/0_100#post_22367403

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am looking into buying the new 73", so either the 73742 or 72842. The difference is about 300$ in price. But when I look at the specs, I was thinking if the additional features are worth paying extra. All the features (except the bluetooth RF) look to be sound related. I have a good home theatre system (Harman Kardon + Polk audio), so do not really need the audio related features. Any thought?

Thanks

Vik

I went with the 842 due to the bluetooth emmitter and just being a newer model which comes with some unlisted and unspoken improvements/fixes. With so many more companies signing on to the Full HD 3D protocol, the offerings will be plenty. I will never get a large or electronic purchase without a warranty. I bought the Walt's warranty also.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i didnt go with the warranty,its not that expensive of a display,and It comes with a 2 yr warranty with pauls I think? Ill prolly be moving on to something diff in the next 3 yrs anyway. Does anyone know if the 842 has the wireless built in or do you still need a adapter I forgot to check while i was there ?

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncom3  /t/1425134/2012-mitsubishi-3d-dlp-owners-thread-c12-642-742-842-series/30#post_22368215

i didnt go with the warranty,its not that expensive of a display,and It comes with a 2 yr warranty with pauls I think? Ill prolly be moving on to something diff in the next 3 yrs anyway. Does anyone know if the 842 has the wireless built in or do you still need a adapter I forgot to check while i was there ?

For wireless internet, you still need a dongle in the USB port, otherwise, run an ethernet cable.. Bluetooth RF 3D emitter is built in. If you want to use IR glasses, you need an external IR emitter, such as that supplied with the Xpand 3DG-EX103 kit...IR glasses, and emitter that plugs into the rear of the 842.

·
Registered
216 Posts
geez ya think they would have that built in their top of the line model by 2012..whats the diff in the blue tooth 3 d glasses are they any better,They are including 2 sets of glasses with the tv I assume these are the ones you are talking about above?

21 - 40 of 1424 Posts