AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the pre order prices are coming in at $5000, $6000 and $8000 respectively.

Interesting that the middle 7100 model has the same thinner bezel as the 8000 but is closer in price to the 6400. I wonder what real world PQ differences will be like.

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Preorder for the 75F6400 has been set at $4500 and is part of the UPP so theoretically can't be lower.

However, OneCall - both on their site and via Amazon - is selling it for $4000. They had some in stock but are now again on order. Though OneCall is not one of the sites that Amazon and Best Buy will match, I've had very good experience with OneCall in the past for receivers, speakers, and misc stuff.

Also, if you insist on Best Buy, you can always try to get the store manager to match. Depending on what kind of month it's been, etc. you never know.

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting...OneCall now has it listed (still back ordered) but for the same $4500 as everywhere else. I wonder if they got wrist slapped by Samsung for the $4000 price, or if it was a pricing error. If the latter, they seem to be honoring the price as I've not yet heard otherwise...

I think they only sold the 4 originally listed as in stock so it's not that costly an error in the grand scheme of things vs the ire they'd raise by trying to invalidate the orders at that price.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see where pricing goes from here, especially with Vizio's new 70" and 80" sets imminent, and a bunch of 4K sets from various mfrs thereafter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seems that this deal is expired now. At the time of my posting, the inventory count showed 8.

I quickly called Amazon and they verified this product price at ratuken.com and price matched for the order I placed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Before placing order, I called Amazon customer service and told them that there is a lower price at Ratuken.com. Once they verified, they offered the same price to apply to my order. When I placed my order online while still on the phone, they reduced the total on the order.

·
Registered
849 Posts
So with UPP, basically no chance of getting this much cheaper than 4k? Unless Samsung decides to do a sale? I don't think I can wait until black friday to buy a TV unfortunately. I will likely be buying at the beginning of football season to hopefully get one of those sales.

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo_btru  /t/1468226/2013-75-samsungs-f6400-7100-8000#post_23455332

So with UPP, basically no chance of getting this much cheaper than 4k? Unless Samsung decides to do a sale? I don't think I can wait until black friday to buy a TV unfortunately. I will likely be buying at the beginning of football season to hopefully get one of those sales.

Probably true. Amazon offers 2% back as credit, so $80 which isn't bad. Plus use a cc with good points etc and that also helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am about to buy the 55F7100 and I work at BestBuy. I look forward to it very much because in its class it is one of the best pictures you can buy for the price. As for the price issues you all should know that buying from amazon is crazy because most retailers price match amazon I know BestBuy does. Plus you get rewardzone points for your purchase which saves you even more than amazon. Please let me know what any of you new purchasers think of the television.

·
Registered
744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzan  /t/1468226/2013-75-samsungs-f6400-7100-8000#post_23673470

I am about to buy the 55F7100 and I work at BestBuy. I look forward to it very much because in its class it is one of the best pictures you can buy for the price. As for the price issues you all should know that buying from amazon is crazy because most retailers price match amazon I know BestBuy does. Plus you get rewardzone points for your purchase which saves you even more than amazon. Please let me know what any of you new purchasers think of the television.

True, you guys do price match but don't forget to figure tax into the equation. Many online retailers don't charge it and include free shipping so even with the price match, buying online comes out to a much better deal. Also, the free shipping often includes "white glove" service where they will bring the unit into the house, assemble the stand, and plug it up to make sure there are no obvious defects. Does BB do that...for free? Just trying to explain where a lot of people are coming from with their purchasing decisions. Not trying to start a fight.

I've looked at the F7100 as well but I just can't bring myself to get a TV with Active 3D.

·
Premium Member
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just a PSA for anyone considering the 75" sets. Turns out that Cinema Black, the primary (real) feature difference between the 6400 and 7100 lines, is NOT included on the 75" 7100.

When I compared the 46" 6400 and 7100 I definitely noticed the improvement with Cinema Black (it darkens the lbx bars on 2.35:1 content) but thought it not worth the $1000 premium at 75". Turns out it wouldn't have even been there had I paid the price!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.