AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All things NHL Playoffs. All games are televised nationally on either NBC Sports Network, NBC, CNBC, or NHL Network US.
Quote:
Tuesday, April 30

8 p.m. ET - Minnesota vs. Chicago, Game 1 (NBC Sports Network): (Mike Emrick, Pierre McGuire)

8 p.m. ET - Los Angeles vs. St. Louis, Game 1 (CNBC) (Dave Strader, Brian Engblom)

10:30 p.m. ET - Detroit vs. Anaheim, Game 1 (NBC Sports Network) (John Forslund, Daryl Reaugh)


Wednesday, May 1

7 p.m. ET - Toronto vs. Boston, Game 1 (CNBC) (Rick Peckham, Joe Micheletti)

7:30 p.m. ET - NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh, Game 1 (NBC Sports Network) (Kenny Albert, Pierre McGuire)

10:30 p.m. ET - San Jose vs. Vancouver, Game 1 (NBC Sports Network, CSN San Jose Simulcast)


Thursday, May 2

7 p.m. ET - Ottawa vs. Montreal, Game 1 (CNBC, Using CBC Simulcast)

7:30 p.m. ET - NY Rangers vs. Washington, Game 1 (NBC Sports Network) (Mike Emrick, Pierre McGuire)

9:30 p.m. ET - Los Angeles vs. St. Louis, Game 2 (CNBC) (Dave Strader, Brian Engblom)

10 p.m. ET - Detroit vs. Anaheim, Game 2 (NBC Sports Network) (John Forslund, Daryl Reaugh)


Friday, May 3

7 p.m. ET - NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh, Game 2 (NBC Sports Network) (Kenny Albert, Pierre McGuire)

7 p.m. ET - Ottawa vs. Montreal, Game 2 (CNBC, Using CBC Simulcast)

9:30 p.m. ET - Minnesota vs. Chicago, Game 2 (NBC Sports Network) (Dave Strader, Brian Engblom)

10 p.m. ET - San Jose vs. Vancouver, Game 2 (CNBC, CSN San Jose Simulcast)


Saturday, May 4

12:30 p.m. ET - NY Rangers vs. Washington, Game 2 (NBC) (Mike Emrick, Ed Olczyk, Pierre McGuire)

7 p.m. ET - Toronto vs. Boston, Game 2 (CNBC, CBC Simulcast)

7:30 p.m. ET - Anaheim vs. Detroit, Game 3 (NBC Sports Network) (Rick Peckham, Joe Micheletti)

10 p.m. ET - St. Louis vs. Los Angeles, Game 3 (NBC Sports Network) (John Forslund, Daryl Reaugh)


Sunday, May 5

12 p.m. ET - Pittsburgh vs. NY Islanders, Game 3 (NBC) (Dave Strader, Brian Engblom)

3 p.m. ET - Chicago vs. Minnesota, Game 3 (NBC) (Mike Emrick, Ed Olczyk, Pierre McGuire)

7 p.m. ET - Montreal vs. Ottawa, Game 3 (NBC Sports Network, CBC Simulcast)

10 p.m. ET - Vancouver vs. San Jose, Game 3 (NBC Sports Network, CSN San Jose Simulcast)


Monday, May 6

7 p.m. ET - Boston vs. Toronto, Game 3 (NHL Network)

7:30 p.m. ET - Washington vs. NY Rangers, Game 3 (NBC Sports Network)

8 p.m. ET - Anaheim vs. Detroit, Game 4 (CNBC)

10 p.m. ET - St. Louis vs. Los Angeles, Game 4 (NBC Sports Network)


Tuesday, May 7

7 p.m. ET - Pittsburgh vs. NY Islanders, Game 4 (NBC Sports Network)

7 p.m. ET - Montreal vs. Ottawa, Game 4 (CNBC)

9:30 p.m. ET - Chicago vs. Minnesota, Game 4 (NBC Sports Network)

10 p.m. ET - Vancouver vs. San Jose, Game 4 (CNBC)

Interesting there doesn't seem to be an NBC Sports Network alternate channel this year, anyone getting it? Nothing on DirecTV. There will definitely be overlaps with the 8/10:30 starts...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460  /t/1470788/2013-nhl-playoffs/0_100#post_23264953


Interesting there doesn't seem to be an NBC Sports Network alternate channel this year, anyone getting it? Nothing on DirecTV. There will definitely be overlaps with the 8/10:30 starts...

They're streaming all NBCSN games this year, so overlaps aren't as big an issue. They'll just show the first game to conclusion on TV and tell viewers where to find the start of the second game online. That's what CBC does.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmv123  /t/1470788/2013-nhl-playoffs#post_23265190


They're streaming all NBCSN games this year, so overlaps aren't as big an issue. They'll just show the first game to conclusion on TV and tell viewers where to find the start of the second game online. That's what CBC does.

NBC Sports Live streaming had a problem on the first night.

With LA @ STL in OT on CNBC , MIN @ CHI in OT on NBCSN and ANH @ DET was on NHL Network and not being streamed because NBC Sports is not streaming the direct game feeds they are streaming the channels that the games are on and that meant there was no access to ANH @ DET on the live stream till MIN @ CHI was over.

Fans who don't have NHL Network have missed the first period of ANH @ DET. They need to fix this.


Did the NHL Game Center app for Verizon have the same issue with access to the first period of ANH @ DET or do they get direct game feeds?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460  /t/1470788/2013-nhl-playoffs#post_23264953


All things NHL Playoffs. All games are televised nationally on either NBC Sports Network, NBC, CNBC, or NHL Network US.

Interesting there doesn't seem to be an NBC Sports Network alternate channel this year, anyone getting it? Nothing on DirecTV. There will definitely be overlaps with the 8/10:30 starts...

NBC SN alt is back on directv and in round 1 in local areas they are on RSN's or NBC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmv123  /t/1470788/2013-nhl-playoffs#post_23265190


They're streaming all NBCSN games this year, so overlaps aren't as big an issue. They'll just show the first game to conclusion on TV and tell viewers where to find the start of the second game online. That's what CBC does.

Not really. NBC Live Extra is restricted to a certain number of TV Providers (DirecTV is not one of them) -- plus there can be huge overlaps with OT games.


But, as Joe said, DirecTV has now lit up the NBCSN alternate channel so this won't be an issue for me anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460  /t/1470788/2013-nhl-playoffs#post_23265305


Not really. NBC Live Extra is restricted to a certain number of TV Providers (DirecTV is not one of them) -- plus there can be huge overlaps with OT games.


But, as Joe said, DirecTV has now lit up the NBCSN alternate channel so this won't be an issue for me anymore.

Better then cable for an Comcast owned channel just like in the VS days.


On 5/1 game 2 is dual lit on both main and alt in case game 1 goes long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
Wacky coverage yesterday on Direc and Cox Cable in OC S. California


D blacked out CNBC, The Hockey Ch. and NBC Sp. Ch. all night. No reason to black-out the Hockey Ch. for highlights

Cox blacked out CNBC until after the games we're over, and showed alternate programming on NBC Sp. Ch.


Kings we're on Prime Ticket, and ran long [OT], so they went partial split screen with the Clippers Playoff game. When it was full screen there was no Clipper TV coverage


Ducks we're on Fox Sp. W.

Angels we're on Ch. 13

Dodger??? Must have been on Ch. 9??? Didn't check

Seems like they could have done a better job of flipping the switch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
If DET @ ANH started on the NBCSN alternate feed NBC Sports should have used that for internet streaming. The feed instead was showing MIN @ CHI OT on NBCSN then once the game ended switched to the game for the start of second period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr  /t/1470788/2013-nhl-playoffs#post_23267347


If DET @ ANH started on the NBCSN alternate feed NBC Sports should have used that for internet streaming. The feed instead was showing MIN @ CHI OT on NBCSN then once the game ended switched to the game for the start of second period.

It definitely did start on an alternate feed. I had it via Gamecenter Live (had it from the top of the hour, and no NHL Network graphics, so def. a NBCSN alt feed)



NBC needs to get their stuff together if they can't get it working properly on their own streaming platform.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460  /t/1470788/2013-nhl-playoffs#post_23268583


It definitely did start on an alternate feed. I had it via Gamecenter Live (had it from the top of the hour, and no NHL Network graphics, so def. a NBCSN alt feed)



NBC needs to get their stuff together if they can't get it working properly on their own streaming platform.

cable systems are not setup to have both main and alt of NBC SN like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
NBC Sports is using the CBC broadcast for the all Canada series OTT @ MTL. Does TSN ever use an american feed for an all USA teams series?

For some games NBCSN uses the CSN broadcast since NBCSN and CSN are a part of NBCU Comcast.


We have another playoff season with no DD 5.1. NBCSN, CNBC, NHL Network, MSG and MSG+ are all simulated DD 5.1. The only games with DD 5.1 audio are on NBC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
NBC Sports has another schedule overlap OTT @ MTL is not over and LA @ STL is going to starting on the NHL Network at 9:40pm which means no internet coverage from NBC Sports Live Extra.

Guess NBC Sports has no plans to fix this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr  /t/1470788/2013-nhl-playoffs#post_23272435


NBC Sports is using the CBC broadcast for the all Canada series OTT @ MTL. Does TSN ever use an american feed for an all USA teams series?

For some games NBCSN uses the CSN broadcast since NBCSN and CSN are a part of NBCU Comcast.


We have another playoff season with no DD 5.1. NBCSN, CNBC, NHL Network, MSG and MSG+ are all simulated DD 5.1. The only games with DD 5.1 audio are on NBC.

In the past TSN / TSN2 used CSN Chicago
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
NBCSN got it right on FiOS. At 10pm the NBCSN Alternate feed went to DET @ ANH while NYR @ WSH continues on the main feed which is blacked out here as the game is on MSG Network.

The web stream for DET @ ANH is still on NYR @ WSH though it should end in time to not miss the start of DET @ ANH.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
The problems continue in OC, S. Ca. on Direc TV and Cox Cable. Last night's King game was ONLY on Cnbc. The early game ran long and they are suppossed to show the new game on Nhl Ch., right??? Not here... Eaely game ran long, King game started: On Direc, NHL Ch.. Black screen, # 721, Blacked out, nothing.... Cox was interesting, it showed the regular NHL Ch. feed with highlights, but the ticker at the bottom of the screen said you are watching the beginning of the Kings/ Blues game, except we weren't, game never came on. When the early game ended, Cnbc switched to the Kings/ Blues game about halfway through the 1st period. If it had gone to overtime, we we're out of luck . Ducks we're on Fox/Prime Ticket, no issues, the Angels we're on FSW, Dodgers we're off. Would be nice if they got the switching right....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,136 Posts
I'm kinda surprised AT&T u-verse doesn't have the NBCSN alternate feed. It can't be that hard to flip on and off since everything with AT&T's tv service is IPTV based.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
WNBC-DT NYC FiOS TV


Listening to the DD 5.1 mix the announcers and commentators on the center channel are lower then the rink sounds on the front L & R..

Listening on a TV that is down mixing DD 5.1 to stereo the announcers and commentators have very low audio.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top