AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do others think the new implementation of Spotify on the 2014 Denon receivers is a step backwards?

Before on my tablet or phone I could just go to that zone and switch it to spotify and I had music. Now I have to go zone 2 and change it to online services and then start my separate spotify app and direct sound to my Denon which first goes to zone1 whether I want it to or not and then I can take it to zone 2 and then turn zone 1 back off or set it back to TV audio for the person trying to use the receiver in my theater watching a show.

I cannot see any advantage to spotify connect over the native client. It seems very patched together. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't takeover zone 1 first, that VERY annoying!

Reactions: toddman36

·
Registered
515 Posts
it's implementation with my new Onkyo TX-NR1030 is pretty poor too, as is Pandora. The user interface looks pathetic and is clunky navigating. ..So I bought an Apple Airport Express and output it to my Onkyo using analog RCA's. ..I then Airplay Pandora, Spotify, etc.. to the Onkyo from my iPad or iPhone. ..Makes way more sense. Plus, no issues with Zone 2 and 3 (which require analog 2ch. signal) PLUS I can control it remotely via wifi. ..Honestly, I think Onkyo, Denon, etc.. Should just leave the Net music apps off their AVRs.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I like the Sound from Spotify, but yes... Its a PITA to select & play Spotify on the 2014 Denon 4100w I own...

Pandora, Sirius/XM, and Media Server, all work great and easily though...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the Sound from Spotify, but yes... Its a PITA to select & play Spotify on the 2014 Denon 4100w I own...

Pandora, Sirius/XM, and Media Server, all work great and easily though...
That's the kicker, the older models had spotify onboard exactly like pandora etc. why in the heck did they have to wreck it!?!?

Reactions: toddman36

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
That's the kicker, the older models had spotify onboard exactly like pandora etc. why in the heck did they have to wreck it!?!?
Pardon my French! But, this way Spotify gets to Screw you out of $9.99 a month... :mad: As you have to sign up for a 1 month trial, then carry a Premium Account! In order to use it on the 2014 Denons.

Needless to say I just Cancelled my 30 day Premium Trial this week.:cool:

·
Premium Member
90,353 Posts
Pardon my French! But, this way Spotify gets to Screw you out of $9.99 a month... :mad: As you have to sign up for a 1 month trial, then carry a Premium Account! In order to use it on the 2014 Denons.

A Spotify Premium account is required on all D&M models regardless of whether on board (2013 or earlier) or using Spotify Connect (2014).

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
A Spotify Premium account is required on all D&M models regardless of whether on board (2013 or earlier) or using Spotify Connect (2014).
Yes, Im aware thanks...:p I was stating for the op, that mine was a 14 avr!

I even cancelled my Free Trial 3 days before it renewed! Spotify still took 9.99 from my Paypal!

I opened a claim with paypal and sent them a copy of my Cancellation Email from Spotify, and had my Refund within a few hrs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am very happy with Spotify Connect using it on Denon x4100w however agree with haas75 it is extremely stupid set up as with zones 2 and 3. It's a no go. I use it only with zone 1. Reason for this limitation is we use the full Spotify app with all its goodies however it can't decide to point to zone 2 and 3 as AVR has only one Spotify connect chip. If it had 3, then we could have chosen which zone to play to from Spotify app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it can't decide to point to zone 2 and 3 as AVR has only one Spotify connect chip. If it had 3, then we could have chosen which zone to play to from Spotify app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah it will be an "upgrade" in the 2015 Denon lineup I am sure. They should have just kept it the way it was.

·
Registered
483 Posts

Spotify still works on my SR7008 and I canceled my subscription :cool:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Id check my bank statement to be Positive!:cool:
No charges. I used a new account and added the free trail, used a visa giftcard with like $1 left on it, canceled the free trial subscription. I've had spotify for a few months now. ;) I also still have the high quality selected on my computer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts