AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if we could start a thread specifically for 2014 Marantz AVRs. There may be some on here (myself included) that don't want to page through year-old posts in the 2013-2014 Marantz Lineup thread. And who eagerly await the 2014 models.

Ok?

Reactions: quizzicus

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too am awaiting the new line up. In particular, I'm interested to see the sucessor to the NR 1604. Hopefully Marantz will put something out soon. It's about that time of year for new announcement. Pioneer and Sony have already put out their press release for new 2014 AVRs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am interested to hear about the successor to AV8801

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JDSmoothie, a guy whose opinions/help on Marantz products posted this in another thread. It provides a good idea of timeframe:

D&M announces Denon models in April and released in May/June followed a month or two later by the Marantz model announcement and release later in the summer.

·
Registered
992 Posts
We should have some information on the 8801 replacement, sometime beginning in Oct.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone heard anything on the 2014 models yet???

·
Registered
835 Posts
Someone of note that wants to remain anonymous I've been talking to say new AV8801 in January 2015. I am selling my Integra DHC80.3 Processor because I want to try something different and add some high and wide speakers. I've been thinking of getting a AV8801 but am considering a high end receiver like an Anthem and still use my McIntosh amps but use 2 amps in the receiver for the high and wide channels.

·
Premium Member
90,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley  /t/1526385/2014-marantz-lineup/0_100#post_24676175

Has anyone heard anything on the 2014 models yet???

There is likely to be a PR announcement within the next few weeks on the lower level 2014 Denon models, so the lower level 2014 Marantz PR announcement should come shortly thereafter and the mid level SR series perhaps announced later this summer. The flagship Denon model replacing the 4520CI should be released in Dec so the 8801 replacement should be released a month or two afterwards.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JD - Would you be kind enough to post something in this thread when the Denon and Marantz PR announcements are made?

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
I am also interested in these new models. I was thinking of going Emotiva but I now want to have HDMI 2.0 support in my AVR, I had thought of taking care of 4k with a Lumagen, but that is to much for me to spend. So I rather put the money in a quality($1500) sounding AVR . A friend of mine has the Marantz 5008 and it sounds miles better then my Yamaha 673, in fact I am in love with the sound and we have the same front towers.

So would it be a safe bet that the new models will support [email protected]?

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizzicus  /t/1526385/2014-marantz-lineup/0_50#post_24709799

It's not Marantz per se, but to the extent that Denon's lineup anticipates Marantz, the next models add HDMI 2.0 as well as built in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.

http://usa.denon.com/us/news/pages/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsType=News&NewsId=115&Year=2014
It's interesting that there's no mention of HDCP 2.2. I sure hope they've included that, because by the time there's a use for those 4K60 inputs, you'd likely also need HDCP 2.2 to use them.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski  /t/1526385/2014-marantz-lineup#post_24710118

Onkyo has HDCP 2.2 support for their new lineup.

But to they have a redisigned HDMI board?

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski  /t/1526385/2014-marantz-lineup/0_50#post_24710118

Onkyo has HDCP 2.2 support for their new lineup.
I'm not sure what that has to do with Denon or Marantz. Besides, Onkyo doesn't support HDCP on all HDMI inputs (at least not on the receivers announced so far). Regardless, after my TX-NR5008 died, and due to their apparent lack of continued Audyssey support, I'm done with Onkyo. It's Denon or Marantz from here on out.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts