AVS Forum banner

3041 - 3060 of 4791 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukke  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3000#post_24783881

Unfortunately not. There is same input lag for every TV settings including game or PC mode for me...

Hmm... not sure why you'd be having input lag on game mode, perhaps a setting on your PC? Using a wireless mouse that's not 2.4 ghz?

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRod16  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24785924

Chip,

I have visited cnet and tried to access their picture settings on the supplied "TV icon Link", but nothing opens with the settings. I'm not sure why?? Any chance you can copy and paste them to this forum?

[email protected]

I tried them on my 60uq just to see, they were awful....flat, dull, muted color.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356c  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24786133

I tried them on my 60uq just to see, they were awful....flat, dull, muted color.

That has nothing to do with settings - that is just a Sharp TV....

Reactions: jyqureshi

·
Registered
781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356c  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24786133

they looked amazing on Super 8. Skin tones were dead on perfect. Sky, grass, trees, etc. looked good too. I am waiting for AVmaniacs settings once he gets to it. Also, just a question and not to blast, have you seen a calibrated LED before. Maybe you hadn't.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24786284

True! It isn't a Sony so it isn't one of the world's perfect sets as we all know Sony TVs are flawless.

Joking aside, the colours on this SQ I have calibrated are nice and I can't imagine anyone saying they are crappy.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24786284

Not really......Dish TV and Cnet giving it a lick and a promise......

·
Registered
13 Posts

Spent all day actually Looking at/for TVs...Sharp and Samsung...and Did find the Sharp 80UQ in the 3rd Bet Buy!  Gorgeous!!  Just can't bring myself to spend over $5000 though, at this time.  :(

Now, my cousin has a Samsung UN65F7050AF...got it for about $2400, but with me today found the Newer Model with Quad Core at Costco for under $2100!  So...we will be exchanging tomorrow....so HE is happy!  I Do like the Samsungs....and it's a pity that I can't be happy with 65", after having 70" for the last 8 years...that is a great price...but the 75" version would cost me TWICE as much as the 65"!!! 

If I have (?) to spend an additional $2000 for 10 more inches...I am trying to justify in my mind spending another $1000 for 5 more inches!

I have narrowed my choices down to the Samsung UN75H7150AFXZA for $4000....and the Sharp LC80UQ17U for $5000!  Both More than I Want to spend!  I may just wait a couple of months and see what the prices do...sigh.

(And...WHY is the Sharp only Dual Core?!!)

^^X^^

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24787714

^^^Even now you can do better than that price. On all of those units for that matter.
Absolutely agree. Pauls and Best Buy sent me email last week with "super sale pricing" on the 80UQ for $4500. Not a bad price. ... but still not as awesome as my deal!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24786410

True! It isn't a Sony so it isn't one of the world's perfect sets as we all know Sony TVs are flawless.

Joking aside, the colours on this SQ I have calibrated are nice and I can't imagine anyone saying they are crappy.
To the contrary the image is exceptional.

After watching the "gamma" episode I made a few adjustments with WOW. I bumped the backlight up to +8, contrast +28, brightness -3, color +5, and color gamut to expanded.

All other settings are untouched. Gamma is still -1. Color temp is low. I find that the colors being at the bottom end of saturation makes flesh tones better and animated content a little better.

Lowering the brightness helped with blacks, also raising the backlight helped push the colors out, adding vibrancy during bright room playback. I do lower it to 0 during pitch black movie playback.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Does anyone but me use the OPC setting? I calibrate in pitch darkness and use this as the zero value. I then give the set the maximum room to adjust to brighter conditions.

It doesn't work great to calibrate in daylight and allow the system to darken in dimmer light -- everything gets muddy -- but going brighter from dark calibration works great.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
6,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24789384

^Not sure what the OPC setting is. Cannot seem to find in on my SQ. Unique to the UQ?

Im wondering what are yhe thoughts on Clear Picture Processing? I have it off as rlindo suggested. Is there a benefit at all?

I'd also like to know if anyone knows what clear picture processing does and if they have noticed a difference with it on vs off. I've messed with it a bit and don't see any difference.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say OPC is the auto adjustment sensor for the backlight depending on ambient light.

·
Registered
245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/2700#post_24723575

Yes new sale just..........started
I checked your price and unfortunately your price for the 15 was 300 more than amazon. that's a huge difference

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you unboxed the TV, did the frame have that sticky protection tape around the edges you had to peel off, like with all the TVs you buy? Mine didn't.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkaiz3  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24790230

When you unboxed the TV, did the frame have that sticky protection tape around the edges you had to peel off, like with all the TVs you buy? Mine didn't.
yes mine did

·
Registered
623 Posts
Quick question for those with an Apple TV. When watching movies on Apple TV I generally get the black bars on the bottom. Since you can't adjust the aspect ratio on the Apple TV (defaults 16:9), does that mean the aspect ratio on my TV is incorrect? Or does that mean the movies I'm watching from Apple TV are not in 16:9 format.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahjd2000  /t/1510153/2014-sharp-aquos-line-up/3030#post_24790440

Quick question for those with an Apple TV. When watching movies on Apple TV I generally get the black bars on the bottom. Since you can't adjust the aspect ratio on the Apple TV (defaults 16:9), does that mean the aspect ratio on my TV is incorrect? Or does that mean the movies I'm watching from Apple TV are not in 16:9 format.
Your question is hard to understand... Are you saying that you usually have black bars but now you don't?  Is this a new discovery since you've purchased a Sharp? (if not perhaps your in the wrong thread).  

Not all movies are filmed in 16:9, in fact, very few are.  If the film was formatted to 16:9 than your movie will be full screen.  Any other ratio (like 2.39:1) will have the black bars.  

·
Registered
245 Posts
always love this site but what can be worse than tryin to decide what tv to buy. I have been going over the sq15, sony w850a and the Samsung 7150. reviews are all over the place on every tv. but was at abc warehouse yesterday and was completely blown away by the q+ series. in my opinion better pic than any tv they had. seen some good deals but amazon has for 1697 with 6% back. so roughly 1600 delivered. delivery a week from tomorrow. never easy decision.lol seen many settings for the 70 but not really anything for 60sq15.

·
Registered
840 Posts

Quote:
I am watching golf today and I noticed that with motion enhancement on 120Hz low that I sometimes got really bad ghosting/trailing on the ball in flight as in there were two distinct balls showing with a decent gap between them. I turned it off and this went away though overall motion was a bit blurrier as I would expect. I didn't try the high setting since it causes the audio/video to be out of sync.

I'm not familiar with using motion enhancement features...is stuff like this sometimes common? I haven't seen any issues with it, at least not as glaring as that ball problem and the ball problem wasn't on every overhead shot so it seems like it was just the occasional hiccup.

I also had the same problem when watching the Memorial Tournament last weekend; it seems to happen with viewing certain ball flight (as the ball lands on green). I tried adjusting motion enhancement to 240HZ-it seemed to help a bit.....but as you said, out of audio out of sync problems occur. Hopefully, someone has a fix for this......

Reactions: rlindo
3041 - 3060 of 4791 Posts