AVS Forum banner

4781 - 4791 of 4791 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did the 70SQ15U TV just get an update? I noticed my netflix colors look different and the login icon/avatars are now in color. Just happened today...

·
Registered
179 Posts
My 2014 aquos 80 inch 17u is still going very strong. Now that many tv’s are starting to stream in 1080p instead of 1080i I might start exploring the best 4K tv I can find.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got a 17u from 2014 and had my first problem today. This thread seems dead... am I the last person still using this great tv? Lol.
I had a only green screen. I explored a bit and found out that it seems the hdmi input 1 is done. I changed my input to hdmi 2 and I was back in business. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get hdmi 1 back working? Thanks!

steve

·
Registered
264 Posts
I got a 17u from 2014 and had my first problem today. This thread seems dead... am I the last person still using this great tv? Lol.
I had a only green screen. I explored a bit and found out that it seems the hdmi input 1 is done. I changed my input to hdmi 2 and I was back in business. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get hdmi 1 back working? Thanks!

steve
Yep, I think you're the last one ;) And your HDMI1 is likely dead for good. Just use HDMI2 and cross your fingers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man that’s so sad. I bought a Samsung Q80T (Just the 55 inch) for my new basement and I swear my 2014 sharp aquos 17u is still the best picture in the house. It’s still as clear and prestine as ever. I read that the green issue could be a ribbon cable inside the tv that has gotten dusty and that it can be fixed but I’m no handy man and I’ll stick with what I got (the hdmi input 2) until that goes. I’m going to be really sad when this tv dies. One it was a great tv and two I’ll have to replace it with another and that will be costly since it’s a 80 inch tv but it’s perfect in my 20x20 room.

question: what have you guys purchased as your replacement to this tv??? Are you happy???. I know the hisenseis using the sharp aquos technology now. I always liked sharp because of the brightness. Let me know! Thank you!
Steve

·
Registered
179 Posts
Only had the tv for 6 years too I guess this model overall ended up being a lemon?

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 15u is still trucking as a tv in my gaming loft. Still looks awesome, it got replaced last year with a 75" Vizio PQX.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was going to get a M series Vizio 55 inch vizio for my basement but there was a delay on the 2021’s coming in so I went with the Samsung q80t as I wanted a tv for the basement that was next gen ready for gaming... hdmi 2.1 etc. how do you like the vizio compared to the sharp? At 1999 it’s a lot cheaper than what I paid for my sharp back in the day. I might look into a oled vizio too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have a LC-60EQ10U installed in my family room for 6 years with no problems.
I have the previous model year's LC-80LE844U installed in my home theater system for 7 years without a problem. The picture still looks great.....especially the 3D
I was sorry to see them sell their assets to Hisense but it looks like there is hope they'll return.
See this news item: The Relationship Between Hisense and Sharp America

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was going to get a M series Vizio 55 inch vizio for my basement but there was a delay on the 2021’s coming in so I went with the Samsung q80t as I wanted a tv for the basement that was next gen ready for gaming... hdmi 2.1 etc. how do you like the vizio compared to the sharp? At 1999 it’s a lot cheaper than what I paid for my sharp back in the day. I might look into a oled vizio too.
We like it very much. Great brightness, and awesome blacks. Some banding with very bright uniform scenes, but otherwise very happy with it. Picked it up from Costco for $1500+tax when it was on sale for black friday. For the money it's very hard to beat. TCL 6 series was another short list contender, but the 75" wasn't available then.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a LC-60EQ10U installed in my family room for 6 years with no problems.
I have the previous model year's LC-80LE844U installed in my home theater system for 7 years without a problem. The picture still looks great.....especially the 3D
I was sorry to see them sell their assets to Hisense but it looks like there is hope they'll return.
See this news item: The Relationship Between Hisense and Sharp America
good to know. Yeah my 80 inch 17u in my family room since April 2014 is going strong minus hdmi port 1 showing a green screen. The overall picture on 1080 blows away my new Samsung Q80T in my opinion. I’ll definitely look into another sharp if they get back into the market. Hopefully at a time when people are buying up 8k’s I can get a top of the line 4K at a discount much like I did with my 1080P sharp back in 2014 when people were buying 4k’s for no reason. Most broadcasts on tv aren’t even 1080P 6 six later lol. Most are only in 1080i

4781 - 4791 of 4791 Posts