AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited to finally be able to attend CEDIA. I am glad to see it is in Texas this year. The dates are October 14-17 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas.

I hope we have a great AVS crowd. I can be the tour guide for the best Steaks, Barbeque, Tex Mex & Craft Beer.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
Most certainly...

Reactions: avtexan

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
I'd love to attend. Any manufacturers giving out non member invitation codes again? Tickets this far out are super inexpensive and I've never been to Texas.

This time, hopefully, both DTS and Dolby will be demoing their object surround formats and there will be plenty of updated gadgets that have both to experience. Atmos at last year's CEDIA was a treat.

Plus more on the 4k front... and maybe more hints about UHD Blu-ray.

We should plan some sort of get together.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
I'm in (registered) but need o figure out hotel. Omni is $499 a night. Hate to be a tighta$$ but not wanting to pay that.
Are you a member? Pricing for the Omni via the CEDIA housing website ( http://expo.cedia.net/register-plan/attendee-housing ) was only like $245/night (for members). That's where I WANTED to stay, but they're completely booked up. As are all of the nearest hotels. Just booked a room a few miles away (also via the website), and although it's not exactly where I wanted to stay, at least they have shuttles and it's pretty reasonable.

Can't wait to go!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I'll be there! Any of my clients that are going, I will buy you dinner one night :)

Reactions: mikela
1 - 20 of 25 Posts