AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post up a thread to see what kind of interest there would be for a fall Crawl in late September or early October

I would love to show off my setup again now that most everything is finished. we will still have to see who is interested in showing off there theaters and adding them to the list as this is vary early in the planning stage.

I'm in for sure http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...-construction/869753-copperfields-cinema.html

trancemitr said he would be game to show off his setup. He just finished up his theater build after he did the first Omaha Crawl :) http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...igger-than-originally-planned-2-35-build.html

SOUND OFF if you think you would like to attend. :)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reserved

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I'm in depending on date. I'll be at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest on October 2-4. I think a bunch of guys are going to the CEDIA EXPO on October 13-17. The 3rd Annual Upper Midwest GTG is August 1, so don't want to be too close to that date either. Maybe September 12 would be a good day. There is a home Husker game against S. Alabama that day.

I can host and have already begun planning my playlist and also might have something special that nobody has experienced before. And, if I get around to it, I will have two passive and an active crossover setup for my LS6 speakers and can switch between all three. My room is sort of like d_c's in KC in that it is a living room theater.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think once we get closer to September and October we will have more interest and can lock down a date.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I think once we get closer to September and October we will have more interest and can lock down a date.
The opposite is probably also true. If you lock down a date I'm sure you will get more interest. :D

Reactions: Reefdvr27

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Get a date and I will give it a try. I have a few things I want to do, but I only have a limited of time I can burn from work. Sounds like a good time!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So who else is in to show off there theater. We need at least four or five stops.

I have not talked to my wife about this yet but we could set up my place as the middle spot where we all meet up for a late lunch and theater review similar to the KC crawl at DC's

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I would most likely do this as well, all depends on the date.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
So who else is in to show off there theater. We need at least five or six stops.

I have not talked to my wife about this yet but we could set up my place as the middle spot where we all meet up for a late lunch and theater review similar to the KC crawl at DC's
Don't forget the Des Moines crawl, it was 4 stops and that took all day. It was just about right.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
James

Your welcome always cool to meet new people that love Home theater. Get that theater finished so we can ad you to the list on the tour there are going to be allot of the same faces from last crawl and we need some new spaces to show off.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
How about the dates Saturday October 24th or Halloween the 31st or we can even push it into November

I'm with you guys Maybe do Four theaters to not hurry us and get at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours per stop.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would have posted here sooner, but I wanted to find out the dates I won't be able to do it. Those are of Sep 19, Oct 24, or Nov 14. Oct 31 (Halloween) also probably won't work for me, but it's a possibility.

All that said, I would love to host a stop. I've got more of an "open concept" theater, but it's still a pretty nice space.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm thinking that this is not going to happen this year with the lack of interest plus I don't have a ton of time to get things together by myself. It sounded like fun but more work than I'm willing to devote at this time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts