·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went ahead and ordered the 43" to try out. Got Amazon to price match ABT at $499.

LG says nothing about them being IPS, so Im guessing they may have switched to a VA panel. Will find out Saturday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Went ahead and ordered the 43" to try out. Got Amazon to price match ABT at $499.

LG says nothing about them being IPS, so Im guessing they may have switched to a VA panel. Will find out Saturday.
It is not IPS. The only 1080p TV that will have an IPS panel will be the 49LF6300. Most of their 4K will be IPS still.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it set up and comparing to my un40h5500.

Definitely VA, blacks are inline with the Samsung.

Input lag is awful if you don't use the game preset. And when you do, you only get basic picture settings. No 2pt and 20pt white balance, just a warm to cool color temp slider. Color settings get swapped for a +/-5 pt setting for sky, grass, and facial colors.
Red is a little off in this setting, leaning towards a dark orange. Green is green, but much darker green then the Samsung. Blue seems like it needs a few points of red added. With the limited options in this setting, there isn't a way to fix it.

There is a lot less ghosting/smearing then the Samsung, but not as good as some other sets I've tried recently (H6350, H7150, Visio P series). The h5500 is just really bad when it comes to this.

The pointer on the remote works well, first pointer remote I've tried this accurate. The one on the new UN65JU750D is far slower and less responsive. However, using the remote to adjust settings seems to be enough to bog the system down at times. Had it lock up twice, needing to be turned off and back on again.

Also have a pixel just right of center stuck on green.

Looks like my search for a new game TV continues.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rename your HDMI Input to PC for gaming, than you have more picture options
In PC Mode you can use the Expert 1 or Expert 2 Modes with lower Input Lag than the normal Game Mode ;)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rename your HDMI Input to PC for gaming, than you have more picture options
In PC Mode you can use the Expert 1 or Expert 2 Modes with lower Input Lag than the normal Game Mode
LG has completely changed their entire menu. You can no longer do that any more.

I did try out the dynamic color system in game mode, and aside from making cyan almost entirely blue, everything else is much improved.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edit, you can rename the input, but the path to do so is far different then before. You have to click source, then go to all inputs option now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
LB6300 vs LF6300

I noticed a few sites mention that the LF6300 is an upgrade, but I find that that hard to believe. The only real upgrade is WebOS 2.0.

LB6300
- Native refresh rate 120hz
- TruMotion 240
- Direct-lit LED
- MCI 600
- WebOS 1.0

LF6300
- Native refresh rate 60hz
- TruMotion 120
- Edge-lit LED
- MCI 600
- WebOS 2.0

I'm going based on specs I found on Amazon.com and a few other sites I checked, since LG doesn't actually mention the refresh rate specs anywhere on their site.

I know most manufacturers will say Edge-Lit is better than Direct-Lit, but that's probably from a cost perspective. Sure you get a thinner TV with Edge-Lit, but you also get more uniformity issues.

I also noticed LF6300 price is quite a bit less than the LB6300, and I assume it's due to the lower specs.

Am I completely wrong? Because I can get the 55LB6300 on clearance for the same price as the 55LF6300 on sale. The regular price on the 55LB6300 was also about $200-300 more than the regular price of the 55LF6300.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts