AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 Pioneer AVRS, 830/1130 Discussion

I see they now show an 840 and 1130 vsx models on their site but when you click for more info they dont work. Looks like from the main page they are HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0, plus the 1130 is Atmos ready. Kinda want the 1130 now and glad I didnt spend a lot on my 824

·
Registered
110 Posts
I see they now show an 840 and 1130 vsx models on their site but when you click for more info they dont work. Looks like from the main page they are HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0, plus the 1130 is Atmos ready. Kinda want the 1130 now and glad I didnt spend a lot on my 824
Really making me regret my early adoption purchase of my Onkyo TX-NR636 for Dolby Atmos. Anybody want it? $300 and it's yours. Ha. ;)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Kind of funny, but I somewhat accidentally ran into this information today while browsing the different manufacturer's sites in anticipation of an upcoming A/V receiver purchase. I only have a 5.1 set up in my basement, with no plans to expand to anything more than that, speaker wise. So, I'm leaning toward purchasing the VSX-830 when it becomes available. Any body see any glaring differences between the 830 and the 1130, besides Dolby Atmos and the capability to run more speakers?

Definitely not much info on these receivers. B&H Photo is the only place that I found that has any detailed information, other than Pioneer's Official Site.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kind of funny, but I somewhat accidentally ran into this information today while browsing the different manufacturer's sites in anticipation of an upcoming A/V receiver purchase. I only have a 5.1 set up in my basement, with no plans to expand to anything more than that, speaker wise. So, I'm leaning toward purchasing the VSX-830 when it becomes available. Any body see any glaring differences between the 830 and the 1130, besides Dolby Atmos and the capability to run more speakers?

Definitely not much info on these receivers. B&H Photo is the only place that I found that has any detailed information, other than Pioneer's Official Site.
More power too, I think it was an extra 20 watts a channel. I had to look on BH as well, so who knows how accurate that is though

·
Registered
830 Posts
I've decided to go with the Pioneer VSX-1130. I read the PDF manual online and it looks like the 1130 has some other benefits besides doing Dolby Atmos. I'm going to order it as soon as it becomes available for pre-order.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I'm disappointed that they didn't go with their previous numbering scheme. Shouldn't it be VSX-1125?

Elite got it right though!

I like the MCACC pro implementation in the 1130 though. That, coupled with HDCP 2.2 seem to be the biggest improvements over the 1124. Considering the 1124 was easily had for $399 and under post release I would say that it was still a pretty good deal. I will likely be migrating toward Denon/Marantz though for my future purchases of AVR's.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Was about to start a similar to last year thread but this one is already up...

May I suggest OP to change title to 2015 Pioneer VSX-1130/830 discussions to match last year title?

I endend up not buying so I look forward to the 1130 now.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I've decided to go with the Pioneer VSX-1130. I read the PDF manual online and it looks like the 1130 has some other benefits besides doing Dolby Atmos. I'm going to order it as soon as it becomes available for pre-order.
No preouts for an amplifier if you decide to go that route and want more clean power. Just something to be aware of.
Thanks for the heads up on the lack of preouts. This receiver is just going to be a basic 5.1 surround sound A/V receiver for my basement set up. I also have no plans on adding more speakers to my current configuration, but I'm going to add a Samsung SUHD 4K television and would like the new receiver to be compatible.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts