AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 842 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reserved for cross-indexing of anticipated posts in future.

Reserved for cross-indexing of anticipated posts in future.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reserved for hyperlinks to anticipated reviews (in near future).

Reserved for hyperlinks to anticipated reviews (in near future).

·
Registered
207 Posts
If I am reading these specs correctly, all HDMI ports on the newly announced VSX-45, VSX-90, VSX-830, and VSX-1130 are HDMI 2.0 and support HDCP 2.2 and 4k at 60 fps with 4:4:4 (full 18 Gbps bandwidth). If that's true, I will be picking up a VSX-45 as soon as it's available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I am reading these specs correctly, all HDMI ports on the newly announced VSX-45, VSX-90, VSX-830, and VSX-1130 are HDMI 2.0 and support HDCP 2.2 and 4k at 60 fps with 4:4:4 (full 18 Gbps bandwidth). If that's true, I will be picking up a VSX-45 as soon as it's available.
I was curious about the same thing. I found the user manual[1] online. It indicates (on p. 28) that three inputs support HDCP 2.2 (BD, HDMI In 1, and HDMI In 2), and two outputs (HDMI Out 1 and HDMI Out 2) support it.

e.

[1]: http colon slash slash www dot pioneerelectronics dot com/PUSA/Unassigned-Content/Manuals/VSX-1130-K+OPERATING+INSTRUCTIONS

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I always get confused about this, but what's the difference between these recent VSX elites, the VSX regulars, and the soon to come 2015 SC elites?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I am looking to get the VSX-90. I mainly need it to run my Gaming PC through the receiver and to my 4k set. My Panasonic 4k supports HDMI 2.0 full speed on port #4 , but I need a receiver to use so I can get the audio in 5.1/7.1. I tried 2 of the Denon that does the pass through at full 4k/60fps and chroma 4:4:4, but both had defective HDMI ports.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Reactions: TS45

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
did they drop THX certification on the higher end Elite models?

Warren

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anyone know when the new SC Elites will be introduced? The 87 and 89 are nice but don't offer hdcp 2.2.

·
Premium Member
90,429 Posts
Wait a minute, 700 bucks for 5.1.2 with only pre-outs for subs?? Wow...what a disappointment.
The only X.X.4 Atmos Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon, Marantz models currently available from 2014 are MSRP $1500+. Not likely to see any 2015 models offering more than X.X.2 as they are all 7CH models none of which are likely to be expandable to 9CH which would be required to offer X.X.4.

·
Banned
3,901 Posts
The only X.X.4 Atmos Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon, Marantz models currently available from 2014 are MSRP $1500+. Not likely to see any 2015 models offering more than X.X.2 as they are all 7CH models none of which are likely to be expandable to 9CH which would be required to offer X.X.4.
If these 5.1.2 (or 7.1) receivers had proper speaker position calibration and pre-outs, you could buy two of the 500$ models and daisy-chain them.

There is no technical reason you couldn't have 7 channels at one level and 7 independent height channels.

You can enable Atmos rendering with only the bed speakers plugged in / enabled, right? No reason to not render as many channels as you like, as long as your hdmi inputs / outputs are forwarding Atmos data to the next AVR in the HDMI chain. But that's assuming they get their thumbs out and actually provide proper 3D speaker placement calibration. You should be able to place your speakers whereever you want, however many you want. Sound waves superimpose making sound additive. I'm trying to understand if you had two identical Atmos systems going on at the same time, but calibrated to slightly (or very) different positions, with 1/2 the volume, why that wouldn't work just as well as a single Atmos renderer that only thinks you have X number of speakers.

Not sure how well that'd work for DSU though. Maybe it would. It would make an interesting experiment. Unfortunately apparently even the Yamahas don't have accurate/arbitrary 3D speaker positioning for all their channels.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Tag

1 - 20 of 842 Posts