AVS Forum banner

23901 - 23920 of 24027 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Hi everyone! Can anyone tell me if their SEK3500-equipped TV got the Disney+ app?
I'm in Italy, where it'll start streaming in a couple weeks, and in the service FAQs lists "2016 Samsung TVs with Tizen OS" as Samsung compatible devices... I have a curved HU8200, but the OS is in the SEK3500, so I don't know what to think...
No Disney+ app available on my sets

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Reactions: acslater20

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Disney+ App NOT available on the HU+SEK-3500 or the JS series

Our HU9000 + SEK-3500U did get the Disney + upgrade.
No it did not!

No Disney+ app available on my sets

Are you on FW 1550.0 ?

I'm afraid if I don't nip this in the bud, the next thing you know we'll all be going through several days of LOL's and Yeah Rights or maybe even the winky face but apparently you came to your your senses and agreed with us that the Disney+ app had not been found on the new firmware updates for the 2015 series...

Right on ! I originally had a ? there, but not finding Disney + on the JU7100 update, turned the ? to LOL, meaning Yeah Right. (Like Samsung would go that far back when 2 years seems to be their limit. Like the original HU9000, we were all surprised that Samsung did a FW update for it. I'm sure we were all just as surprised at the latest update as well.)
Not only that, see the first thumbnail below to see my reply to your original post on February 6, 2020 and then see the second thumbnail where the frequent editor of his posts went back several days later on February 9, 2020 and if everyone looks closely they will see he corrected it by completely removing the reference to Disney + in the first paragraph!

If it helps, the third thumbnail is a shot of my HU9000 + SEK-3500U where I have gone into the Smart Hub apps and searched for "Disney" just like I am sure most of us who have upgraded to Firmware 1550.0 have done... and no results could be found.

Like I said before, and I will say it again, Won't be fooled again!

@Garese, like @galonzo mentioned only 2016 Samsung TVs are getting the Disney+ app but it is available on tons of devices as you can see by clicking the link below...

Disney+ Compatible Devices: Does Your Device Support Disney Plus?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
My bad!
Been so long since I set it up, forgot, it's on all the Amazon Firesticks I have installed on each set.
(When I complained to my son at Christmas about it missing, he told me `Dad, it's on your Firesticks !' Made me feel my age!

·
Registered
4,343 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Done, some Facroty mode adjustment and js OC booted as SEK and made through SEK.
For now working for some hours, will check how it's gonna do in this days, if some problem occur, will update you
Hi Davideu , can you help me ? i also have a f9000 uhd tv and i like to update my OC , on moment i am running the original OC came with my tv, the first oc ( dual core). i have buy a OC js9000 and because i that it was a sek3500 because they look 100% the same. So if i connect it to my tv i only have a black screen. i will be happy if i can run That oc . :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
do you now new how to make the js9000 working on a f9000 tv?
You can't use the OCB from a JS9000 on your TV. You need the SEK-3500U if you want to upgrade. If you search this thread deeply, you will find discussion of changing going into the advanced factory service menu accessible only with a factory service remote control to change the model from HU to JS. It's not recommended and may do more harm than good as many things need to adjusted afterwords just to make everything work. I don;t know of anyones experience going from a F9000 to a JS so buyer beware is in order.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can't use the OCB from a JS9000 on your TV. You need the SEK-3500U if you want to upgrade. If you search this thread deeply, you will find discussion of changing going into the advanced factory service menu accessible only with a factory service remote control to change the model from HU to JS. It's not recommended and may do more harm than good as many things need to adjusted afterwords just to make everything work. I don;t know of anyones experience going from a F9000 to a JS so buyer beware is in order.
Davideu says that he has it working on his tv but after that there was no furder info

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
I give up to turn my js9000 to sek3500 , if somone intrested i am gonna sell it.
The JS9000 OCB is already a SEK-3500. (2015 Model) SEK-3500U is to upgrade 2014, and some 2013 models to the JS9000.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
How much are you selling it for?
Buyer Beware

He is NOT selling an SEK-3500.

He is selling an original One Connect Box made for the JS9000 series that nobody in North America has successfully managed to convert the OCB to an SEK-3500.

From his posts titled samsung OCB UE65js9000L he appears to live outside North America so the box might not even be compatible with a JS series for the county you live in since these boxes have different part numbers depending on where you live.

The seller couldn’t do it nor did he receive any replies from the guy he was asking for help from but if you go back and find all his posts apparently it involved burning an EPROM and making some undocumented changes in the Advanced Service Menu.

The only reported cases were a couple of guys who claimed to do it who lived somewhere in Europe and those posts are from years ago when the SEK-3500 (in there particular country) was first introduced when it was apparently much more straight forward but again, no documentation on how to do it.

Caveat emptor.

The JS9000 OCB is already a SEK-3500...
Not exactly true. Although they both use the same firmware these are two different part numbers and not interchangeable as @Error325 found out just like you did when you were experimenting to see if it was possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Buyer Beware

He is NOT selling an SEK-3500.

He is selling an original One Connect Box made for the JS9000 series that nobody in North America has successfully managed to convert the OCB to an SEK-3500.

From his posts titled samsung OCB UE65js9000L he appears to live outside North America so the box might not even be compatible with a JS series for the county you live in since these boxes have different part numbers depending on where you live.

The seller couldn’t do it nor did he receive any replies from the guy he was asking for help from but if you go back and find all his posts apparently it involved burning an EPROM and making some undocumented changes in the Advanced Service Menu.

The only reported cases were a couple of guys who claimed to do it who lived somewhere in Europe and those posts are from years ago when the SEK-3500 (in there particular country) was first introduced when it was apparently much more straight forward but again, no documentation on how to do it.

Caveat emptor.

Not exactly true. Although they both use the same firmware these are two different part numbers and not interchangeable as @Error325 found out just like you did when you were experimenting to see if it was possible.
i am from Belgium so its a EU model i think

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Samsung Smart View

Updating my iPad today via the Apple app store and I see Samsung has decided not to support Samsung Smart View effective October 20, 2020 (see thumbnail below)

Obviously not the worst news all things considered and since the Screen Mirroring between my iPad and my Apple TV 4K and DLNA over the network is a lot more slicker I really wont miss Smart View but yet another occasion where Samsung demonstrates how they keep on abandoning owners but almost funny when you think about it — saying that they are ending “support” for a product when most of the people at Samsung Support have probably never seen it or used Smart View, ha, ha!

AVS Forum threads have probably truly helped way more owners than Samsung ever has!

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
any ideas guys, tv went black, can not enter menu.
started with normal power on, but could not enter any menu, no overlay when switching channels of sounds adjustment.
could switch or adjust, just no visual confirmation.
Tried secret menu, nu luck. now black.
From now and than it will install the evo kit, but after reset still nothing.

there is nothing wrong woth the tv, because my old 2500 kit works like a charm.

how to hard rest the 3500 kit? on the ocb?

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
any ideas guys, tv went black, can not enter menu.
started with normal power on, but could not enter any menu, no overlay when switching channels of sounds adjustment.
could switch or adjust, just no visual confirmation.
Tried secret menu, nu luck. now black.
From now and than it will install the evo kit, but after reset still nothing.

there is nothing wrong woth the tv, because my old 2500 kit works like a charm.

how to hard rest the 3500 kit? on the ocb?
Have you tried the unplugged overnight trick yet ?

23901 - 23920 of 24027 Posts