AVS Forum banner

11961 - 11980 of 24034 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I havent upgraded yet, are there still issues with OCB for first time upgraders?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Anybody get freezing on some of the Ultraflix films?

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
HU has HDR? Where? Do you mean M-GO or something else?

I wasn't putting you down, just making a comment. :)
I know users are saying amazon HDR is working with sek 3500 and HU9000 now.

·
Registered
549 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Do the downloaded UltraFlix HDR movies have dts-hd, truehd or Atmos (full hd audio)? How large are the movie files? Only way to play these back is thru the tv using ARC for audio? No external playback devices yet?

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
Do the downloaded UltraFlix HDR movies have dts-hd, truehd or Atmos (full hd audio)? How large are the movie files? Only way to play these back is thru the tv using ARC for audio? No external playback devices yet?
ultraflix is currently 48 hour rentals only. and the audio SUCKS. its currently only 2.1!!!

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
Put in for an UltraFlix Black Friday Special - sorry, you're from Canada! No go - but, I bet I'll find the charge on my CC anyways!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I know users are saying amazon HDR is working with sek 3500 and HU9000 now.
What users? There is no HDR on my Amazon HU9000. Is this another rumor?

Do you have a link to these 'users.'

·
Registered
3,830 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
A name you can trust: liquidationhardware :)

I don't blame you for waiting!

$300 US amounts to about $400.96 CDN

Add $18.86 CDN Shipping + about $60 CDN Import Charges

Total equals almost $480 Canadian Dollars from an unauthorized retailer.

And check out the fine print. Obviously an open box return:

Brand New item. Item outside the package is distressed or has tears. Item will be inspected and double boxed before shipment. Thank you!
Oh, and to add insult to injury their eBay ad says No Returns Accepted.

Word to the wise, my first SEK-3500U wouldn't play YouTube videos in 3840 x 2160 due to a faulty chip and had to be returned. See what response you get from Samsung if your retailer was not an authorized reseller and you need to apply for warranty service.

Not a chance!
:eek:

Reactions: ray0414

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Yes it does. But otherwise the stuttering was really bad.
Agreed, but then what's the point of watching Ultraflix if the PQ is less than the good 4K they advertise.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
What users? There is no HDR on my Amazon HU9000. Is this another rumor?
Man in the High Castle exhibits similar traits of HDR as does MGO for some HU 9000 users. It does not carry the HDR tag but looks as good as, and some say better than MGO. It does the automatic 20/100/55 in dynamic mode. And color can be set at around 49-50 without oversaturation. Folks with 8700, 8550 and less do not see this. Yes it's open to debate. You'll have to judge for yourself. We know Amazon will not open their HDR doors for anything less than a 2015 JS TV. All I know is that it looks and acts just like the known HDR content on MGO. As far as I'm concerned it's just missing a label.

55HU9000 TS01

·
Banned
138 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Best Buy - Price Match Guarantee

so do I, but I would prefer getting it (via price matching) from an authorizes retailer like bby. but it's going to be difficult because Best Buy stores don't carry this item while online rep will probably deny price matching 3rd party seller.
As a matter of fact, Best Buy USA does carry it though the price is a little steep at the moment:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=Sek-3500u&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

What would you do without me?!! :D

Here is a recent post dated November 16th from member who recently had them price match...

Just ordered the SEK-3500 at BestBuy. They matched TigerDirect's $299 price.
As you can see he could have purchased from Tiger Direct, an authorized reseller, but decided to use Best Buy's price match guarantee that even mentions TigerDirect.com in the first paragraph as one of the online retailers they match...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/price-match-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

Too bad the unit has shot back up to $399.99 on the www.tigerdirect.com website but keep your eye out. It's like watching the Stock Market!

Reactions: nikon5400

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Man in the High Castle exhibits similar traits of HDR as does MGO for some HU 9000 users. It does not carry the HDR tag but looks as good as, and some say better than MGO. It does the automatic 20/100/55 in dynamic mode. And color can be set at around 49-50 without oversaturation. Folks with 8700, 8550 and less do not see this. Yes it's open to debate. You'll have to judge for yourself. We know Amazon will not open their HDR doors for anything less than a 2015 JS TV. All I know is that it looks and acts just like the known HDR content on MGO. As far as I'm concerned it's just missing a label.

55HU9000 TS01
They all do the automatic 20/100/55 in dynamic mode. And color can be set at around 49-50 without oversaturation. Look at RED OAKS, the same thing. Dynamic always defaults 20/100/55.. Castle is just good UHD, probably shot with the newest Red One camera

Reactions: grizzledbiker

·
Registered
4,353 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: celestica
11961 - 11980 of 24034 Posts