AVS Forum banner

19701 - 19720 of 24027 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Here is the video where I am doing the AMP on and off trick with f9000 and sek3500 v1470
Playing a 4k HDR video sample from a usb

https://youtu.be/omxuJB_bKsM
Hey again, Sonic.

Thanks again for posting the video. I tried this with a USB stick containing many HDR demo videos. Funny thing is, the only video that gave me access to the AMP menu was Samsung's "Wonderland." Every time I played a different one, however, the menu would be grayed out; and it didn't matter if it was another Samsung demo (like "Chasing the Light") or a Sony or LG one.

Also, while this trick worked for the Netflix app, it didn't work for the Roku Ultra, which again reverted to Standard and grayed out the menu. This appears to confirm that as of now, any external device that outputs 4K60 only (i.e., no 24Hz option that also applies to streams) will lock the AMP menu and force it to Standard. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't think this trick can enable menu access for any model of Roku, Shield, Xbox One, etc.

·
Registered
304 Posts
So only 2 people have the 1471 update?

·
Registered
541 Posts
It's available for my European TV. Maybe its only available in Europe, there are not many Europeans here.

I'm still on 1440 and not going to update to anything newer until there is a real reason to do this (rumoured 2016 update). I blocked updates in router a long time ago. After 1440 Samsung seems to remove features, not adding them.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I got the 1471 update a couple days ago on my JS9500. Just tried and it was available for the F9000/SEK3500. Download is now complete with no obvious changes.

Reactions: King Richard

·
Registered
518 Posts
Helped a friend install his SEK on a 75"-HU8550. Everything went well, after watching the TV for about 10 mins, the TV dimmed way down. He has his backlight at 14, I put it down to 13 and the picture got brighter went back to 14, looked good for a few minutes. Then, it dimmed way down again. Reset the SEK, still nothing. Unhooked the SEK went directly through the TV, everything looks great. Back to Amazon tomorrow. Has anybody seen this before and is it actually a bad unit?

Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Helped a friend install his SEK on a 75"-HU8550. Everything went well, after watching the TV for about 10 mins, the TV dimmed way down. He has his backlight at 14, I put it down to 13 and the picture got brighter went back to 14, looked good for a few minutes. Then, it dimmed way down again. Reset the SEK, still nothing. Unhooked the SEK went directly through the TV, everything looks great. Back to Amazon tomorrow. Has anybody seen this before and is it actually a bad unit?

Thanks, Jerry
Try turning off the various Eco Solutions in the menu.

Menu>>System>>Eco Solution

·
Registered
155 Posts

Thanks, Jerry

Turn off the eco sensor, i think it's under, system > eco solution, turn all settings off..

·
Registered
860 Posts
I got the 1471 update a couple days ago on my JS9500. Just tried and it was available for the F9000/SEK3500. Download is now complete with no obvious changes.

On your F9000 you should see Amazon HDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
On your F9000 you should see Amazon HDR

It recognizes the F9000/SEK3500 is HDR capable (e.g., Mad Dogs shows it's HDR); however, I'm not getting HDR. The display is in the basement and on Wi Fi; but a speed test shows it's getting 60mbps. The set does do HDR via USB input. So, even though it recognizes the display as HDR capable, I presume it's the Netflix server not providing the HDR.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A word of warning for PS4 Pro owners when using the UHD Color mode on their SEK-3500. DO NOT ENABLE GAME MODE or set the input type on the source to Game. This will cause a reboot loop and garbage on the screen. Took me a couple of hours to figure out why it broke. So I guess there will be some additional input lag until Samsung hopefully fixes this problem.
The same thing happens to me with or without UHD Color mode on for the ps4 and the shield tv and it is not fixed in 1471 update, is there any way to roll back firmware maybe ?

·
Registered
860 Posts
It recognizes the F9000/SEK3500 is HDR capable (e.g., Mad Dogs shows it's HDR); however, I'm not getting HDR. The display is in the basement and on Wi Fi; but a speed test shows it's getting 60mbps. So, I presume it's the Netflix server not providing the HDR.

Only the current models from Samsung tv is getting Netflix HDR. The latest update only gave HDR from Amazon

The new UHD player from Samsung does not offer Netflix HDR

The rumor mill is saying that in the first half of December we will get Netflix HDR

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Only the current models from Samsung tv is getting Netflix HDR. The latest update only gave HDR from Amazon

The new UHD player from Samsung does not offer Netflix HDR

The rumor mill is saying that in the first half of December we will get Netflix HDR

My "screw up". I meant Amazon servers (i.e., I was talking about "Mad Dogs").

·
Registered
860 Posts
My "screw up". I meant Amazon servers (i.e., I was talking about "Mad Dogs").

The firmware 1471 may not have given Amazon HDR or may be needed for Amazon HDR. I do not know which

I have notice that the Amazon app has updated on 11/7/2016 to version #13.0 checked what version you have. If you do not have the latest version try to update the app

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
I have it sorry I did not report .. nice colours and blacks are still....... Inky. They have made even more improvments with hdr in this update IMO. Maybe others can confirm what I am seeing.

19701 - 19720 of 24027 Posts