AVS Forum banner

19941 - 19960 of 24027 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Go to the app "hub" (select Featured>>Apps) and go to the upper-right corner and select the Options cog icon, select "Update apps" and select the ones you would like to update, then select Update at the top.
Thanks. But I did and it says I have the latest Amazon version (which in my case with the F9000/SEK3500 is 4.40004). I'm still looking for someone with SEK3500/ver. 1471 that has the F9000 and a newer version of the Amazon app that provides HDR.

·
Lionheart of AVS
3,287 Posts
Richard, sorry to keep asking but just need to clarify this to be sure.

Reading your guide it says smart led on "high" is best for most HDR content.

What I'm not clear on is in regards to SDR 1080p/4K content. For this source material do you still recommend setting smart led on "high" in movie mode for the best PQ??

For Hu9000+sek3500 combo.

Thanks!

I recommend either "Medium" or "High" for SDR (I personally leave it on "High" on my TV, but it's entirely your choice).

As I stated in my previous posts, "High" will slightly crush your whites and blacks, but will give the image more "pop". ;)

And yes, I recommend "Movie" mode for both.

Richard

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone else getting really bad banding after updating to 1471? It's especially noticeable during dark or black scenes. :(

·
Registered
230 Posts
I recommend either "Medium" or "High" for SDR (I personally leave it on "High" on my TV, but it's entirely your choice).

As I stated in my previous posts, "High" will slightly crush your whites and blacks, but will give the image more "pop". ;)

And yes, I recommend "Movie" mode for both.

Richard
Thank you for clarifying. I did a little testing last night in movie mode between "standard" and "high" in movie mode and found that as you said, the slight tradeoff of slightly crushed whites/blacks (very rarely happens on high) is a worthy trade off to get more "pop" and richer color in the picture. "Standard" is definitely more well suited to the "purists" who like a more natural/muted picture which I perosonally don't like for either SDR or HDR content.

What I also found really odd is that in standard picture mode switching smart led between "standard" and "high" does not increase the brightness of the picture or seem to change anything at all.

In movie mode changing to high noticeably brightens the picture which you can see right away. "high" in movie mode is same brightness level as "standard" in standard picture mode, and "high" in standard mode again seems to be the same and not change a thing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine's doing that right now, after I tried to add 1080p to my directv box, I could access the menu of the 3500 and select source, then selecting my stb box it comes on again, were you able to figure yours out?
I unplugged the Sek 3500 and temporarily ran the HDMI directly to the tv. Coupled this with reinstalling the ocb and version 1471 the issue has gone away for now

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if the JS9000 one connect box will work with the HU6950? I have been seeing those on ebay for a lot cheaper than the SEK-3500u and have read they are the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Lionheart of AVS
3,287 Posts
Does anyone know if the JS9000 one connect box will work with the HU6950? I have been seeing those on ebay for a lot cheaper than the SEK-3500u and have read they are the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No

Richard

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
I finally got 1471 last night and yes, another 30% improvement in PQ including more "inky" blacks! :eek:

Reactions: Larry Rosenberg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi
Ordered myself an Xbox one S this Black Friday and I know I've read about the different settings some pages ago. I have the 7505 (believe it's the 8505 in the US) and the SEK 3500. What settings should I use when I install it to the SEK?

Kristian

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,629 Posts

·
Lionheart of AVS
3,287 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply! I will make sure to get an SEK-3500u then. Also do you know if the evolution kit will give the HU6950 4:4:4 chroma or any HDR compatibility? I know it would not be true HDR, but any extra functionality would be a great addition.
Thanks!

Yes, it will be HDR-compatable with all 4 HDMI ports being 2.0a

And yes to 4:4:4 also. ;)

The peak brightness and color gamut of the panel can't match that of the newer Samsung models, however, the HDR will still look pretty good on it.

Richard

19941 - 19960 of 24027 Posts