AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28896 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I plan on getting a 65C6P and since we already have owners of the 55C6P I figured an owners thread is due.

Especially curios about panel uniformity, near black issues, content playback for UHD HDR Bluray, 3D, etc.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Good clip of the 65c6p. I really like the black finish vs. silver on the stand. At my local Best Buy that has a Magnolia they have the E6 sitting right next to a EF9500 both 65in. sets. I was wondering the picture on glass would enhance PQ. They were both playing a demo in sync with each other. I honestly could barely tell the difference and the E6 is 50% brighter. Having Polk LSI speakers in a 7.1 system I don't see the need for the soundbar and the PQ should be identical. I think I will stick with the C series as I really like 3D too much to give it up and just live with the curve. I had a EG9100 for a bit and never really noticed it.

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUs_CdgsQlI

Good clip of the 65c6p. I really like the black finish vs. silver on the stand. At my local Best Buy that has a Magnolia they have the E6 sitting right next to a EF9500 both 65in. sets. I was wondering the picture on glass would enhance PQ. They were both playing a demo in sync with each other. I honestly could barely tell the difference and the E6 is 50% brighter. Having Polk LSI speakers in a 7.1 system I don't see the need for the soundbar and the PQ should be identical. I think I will stick with the C series as I really like 3D too much to give it up and just live with the curve. I had a EG9100 for a bit and never really noticed it.

Did you notice any difference in colors or vibrancy compared to the ef95?

The c6 is also on my radar later this year, I actually prefer the curve since I sit dead center.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you notice any difference in colors or vibrancy compared to the ef95?

The c6 is also on my radar later this year, I actually prefer the curve since I sit dead center.
I would there was a subtle improvement. I don't know what modes the TV's were in either. They could have both been in vivid. I think roughly the EF9500 was what 86% DCI-P3, while the E6 can do 96% according to reviews. The 50% increase in brightness also is in a 10% window. We will have to wait for a rtings review to see what the difference is at 50% and above.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
In terms of esthetics the C6 looks exponentially better than the G6/E6 models. IMO of course.

It should be noted that many former EF9500 owners are boasting their G6/E6 televisions are a big improvement. Looking forward to hearing from C6 owners.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
Yea I'm curious to hear about the differences with full screen brightness, color vibrancy, and upscale of lower sources such as cable tv compared to the 2015 oleds.
I currently have a Samsung js9500 and entertaining the idea of grabbing the curved C6 as long as it's not dark like the 2015 oleds.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Yea I'm curious to hear about the differences with full screen brightness, color vibrancy, and upscale of lower sources such as cable tv compared to the 2015 oleds.
I currently have a Samsung js9500 and entertaining the idea of grabbing the curved C6 as long as it's not dark like the 2015 oleds.
I'm with you. I just bought a 55 inch E6 for my bedroom but want a 65 C6 or KS9800 for my 'man loft' area. There's a lot of light that comes into the room so I need it to be bright as well. Hopefully, as bright as the E6.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks like Best Buy just added the C6 and B6 on their website within the last 24 hours. I expected they were trying to offload the EF9500 lineup before releasing. Last I checked BB stock had under 5 of most sizes in the EF9500 line.

I think we will see the B6 and C6 end of month or early June.

My intention is to pick up a 55" in either model, will wait to see them in person before making my decision. I'm upgrading from a Samsung JS8000.

·
Registered
107 Posts
What would you guys like to know?

-The input lag for gaming is MUCH improved. It is 100% manageable in my opinion.
-Color vibrancy or anything like that, I've not really noticed a difference. 99% of the time this TV is used with my PC at 4:4:4 chroma in PC mode. I do watch movies on it as well, but not UHD or HDR Blurays... yet.
-Near-black edge luminosity is entirely fixed. Out of the box it looked great. I haven't tested other than when I first took it out of the box about a month ago, but I can do that if you'd like.
-The black bezels are a little larger this year, but that's probably required to fix the previous gen near-black issue mentioned above.
-The updated design is a lot nicer. Gone is the weird white, now replaced with a space gray. The IR wart at the bottom is much smaller too.
-Brightness is noticeably higher.

Oh yeah... I have had a strange artifacting issue. I haven't followed any of the threads here lately so I don't know if anyone else has had it or not. Basically, the screen will rapidly shift color for about a single frame - the overall image is still there, but the color is way off. Like I said it's a quick flash that occurs. It happens not even once per use, so it's not like it's a big issue, but it's a potential concern if hardware is failing. I haven't noticed it on regular TV using HDMI 2, but I don't watch TV very often at all so it may not have had time to occur yet.

Could be the cable or my GPU (Titan X) I suppose, but I'm using a short KabelDirekt HDMI cable which are pretty top notch. I've gone through several driver updates for my GPUs and the TV. This could be a really hard issue to nail down if nobody else has had anything similar occurring, but from my brief glance at the other thread I have seen some people complaining about something with the new TVs? Going to look more into that now.

1 - 20 of 28896 Posts