AVS Forum banner

21801 - 21820 of 28753 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
ARC via HDMI all of sudden not working, any fix for it, I checked all setting on AVR and TV both. any suggestion how to fix it.
I am on latest software on C6.
Try disabling Simplink-CEC. I had the same problem and that was the only work-around I have been able to come up with. Just happened out of the blue.

The TV remote no longer controls volume on my Denon AVR which is a minor inconvenience, but whaddya gonna do?

·
Vendor
26,626 Posts
The room was well ventilated all day. Even had the air con running most of the day. The TV is in the same spot that it has been since I bought it, no other heat sources around, not even sunlight, as I pull the curtains when it starts to shine in, as I don't like the watch reflections. This is why it's weird, as I'm really carefull with everything so that the TV won't be affected by anything.
How long have you had it, when did the issue start?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Are there any screens where I can highlight banding issues on my B6? I see the issue occasionally, but would like to look at some grey screens perhaps that will show the issue up better!

Many thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, I'm with you. Getting VUDU's Atmos, even if lossy, would be an amazing addition to the value of streamed titles.

Like you said, I think our only hope is VUDU/DV on Apple TV or another device like the LG player that now supports DV discs.
For whatever it's worth, I have VUDU with Dolby & Atmos working through Chromestick.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A few month owner of a OLED55C6P here. I have an older Dolby/DTS surround sound receiver that doesn't have HDMI. My question is what does the audio optical output of my new set pass-through. Does it only pass-through Dolby Digital for over the air broadcasts as a lot of sets do? Will it output Dolby Digital for apps? Does it support DTS at all on optical? How about USB connected devices? My guess is everything but OTA will be stereo only but I could be wrong. I'm asking because my set-up is nightmare to change cables. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
A few month owner of a OLED55C6P here. I have an older Dolby/DTS surround sound receiver that doesn't have HDMI. My question is what does the audio optical output of my new set pass-through. Does it only pass-through Dolby Digital for over the air broadcasts as a lot of sets do? Will it output Dolby Digital for apps? Does it support DTS at all on optical? How about USB connected devices? My guess is everything but OTA will be stereo only but I could be wrong. I'm asking because my set-up is nightmare to change cables. Thanks in advance.
I'm in the same boat with my AVR using Optical only. C6 does support DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 over optical, but not HD audio.
Applies to all inputs (TV tuner, HDMI, in built apps).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Signed, you should spread this around more. I'll do my best to link it around. Oh and if someone replies to me informing me that throwing dynamic contrast on high will fix all my problems and woes. No, bugger off! LG should give us the old HDR game mode in a different pre-set. Give us HDR game mode bright and dark pre-sets so we have a choice of tone-mapping. Or better yet, let us choose when we want to clip out highlights so that we can all have further control of our display.

·
Registered
157 Posts
yesterday i have received oled55c7v, i did had in the past oled55b6v ( had some problems hdmi 1 & 2 port return it back ) and compared to the old one b6 the colors are not so intense or something like that or maybe it's just me, I heard that many people that oled tv need to pass some 300 hours or something like that for the colors to come in hand

I want to verify that i have a good panel what test should i do ?

i see a lot of people testing white on oled tvs :)

21801 - 21820 of 28753 Posts