AVS Forum banner

28721 - 28740 of 28917 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is what I read so burn in meets criteria. My C6 had lines and discoloration burned in along with Direct TV logo so I would argue meets criteria. They can fight it I’m sure but I’m sure in the end, if one complains enough, they’ll cover. Hopefully won’t lead to this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
This is what I read so burn in meets criteria. My C6 had lines and discoloration burned in along with Direct TV logo so I would argue meets criteria. They can fight it I’m sure but I’m sure in the end, if one complains enough, they’ll cover. Hopefully won’t lead to this.
Square trade does not cover burn in unfortunately.

Most warranties don't cover it. Lg will do a one time replacement but for the C6 you will not get a 3D panel. They will replace with a standard panel

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
That's a basic outline, but check the fine print terms and conditions. I don't recall if it specifically mentions burn-in. You can try to argue that burn-in is discoloration, but I don't think it'll fly with them. From the posts I've read from other AVS members on the subject of ST covering burn-in, most were not successful in getting them to cover it. I believe only 1 was successful and I'm not sure how he managed to do it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's a basic outline, but check the fine print terms and conditions. I don't recall if it specifically mentions burn-in. You can try to argue that burn-in is discoloration, but I don't think it'll fly with them. From the posts I've read from other AVS members on the subject of ST covering burn-in, most were not successful in getting them to cover it. I believe only 1 was successful and I'm not sure how he managed to do it.
Thx. Maybe strategy is to not tell them it’s burn-in if file a claim. It’s anything covered by warranty. You guys are correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Thx. Maybe strategy is to not tell them it’s burn-in if file a claim. It’s anything covered by warranty. You guys are correct.
Yeah so your photo there shows that the SquareTrade warranty does specifically exclude burn-in. Thanks for checking. I was pretty sure that was the case.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thanks. I actually have a Fire 4K stick I was given which I haven't used since I have all the apps I need on the TV but I had tried side-loading Peacock when I saw that post and it didn't work for me. When I clicked on the app, it put up a very blurry error message which was also in the wrong aspect ratio saying the app was unavailable and not able to be used.
If you have a Fire TV or Roku device and you want Peacock and/or HBO Max, the easiest thing to do is just break down and buy an Android TV device like the $50 TiVo Stream 4K (or a Google-branded device that's supposed to come out this summer or fall). And if you create a free Peacock account in the app for Android or Android TV, Google will email you a promo code to get Peacock Premium free for 3 months, which is a $15 value.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah so your photo there shows that the SquareTrade warranty does specifically exclude burn-in. Thanks for checking. I was pretty sure that was the case.
Bastards... My buddy has a C6 that he bought when I bought my C6. Seen some ‘The Office’ yesterday on it. His is prestine! He doesn’t have regular TV, only Netflix. He said they never watch news programs. Only Netflix and Minecraft. But they seldom watch the tv.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you have a Fire TV or Roku device and you want Peacock and/or HBO Max, the easiest thing to do is just break down and buy an Android TV device like the $50 TiVo Stream 4K (or a Google-branded device that's supposed to come out this summer or fall). And if you create a free Peacock account in the app for Android or Android TV, Google will email you a promo code to get Peacock Premium free for 3 months, which is a $15 value.

Thanks, I was actually able to sideload the Peakcock app on my Fire Stick and it works great.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Bastards... My buddy has a C6 that he bought when I bought my C6. Seen some ‘The Office’ yesterday on it. His is prestine! He doesn’t have regular TV, only Netflix. He said they never watch news programs. Only Netflix and Minecraft. But they seldom watch the tv.
My B6 is flawless. We watch a large variety of content and do some xbox gaming on it. And it's gotten a lot of use over the years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys I have the 65C6P. Can anyone confirm that it supports Dolby Atmos through HDMI ARC to an Atmos soundbar? I know only eARC can actually pass thru uncompressed Atmos signal and that standard ARC sends it via a Dolby Digital container, however the apps should still show the Atmos logo.

I just got an Atmos Soundbar last night (hooked to the TV via HDMI-ARC and couldn't get the WebOS Disney+ app on the TV to show Atmos on titles I know support it. I haven't checked the Netflix app yet but now I'm at work and I figured I ask while I wait to get back home.

On my other devices like my 4K UHD Player I can confirm the soundbar is receiving and outputting Atmos complete with overheads. I would just rather not have to switch to my external devices every time I want to stream Atmos content.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hey guys I have the 65C6P. Can anyone confirm that it supports Dolby Atmos through HDMI ARC to an Atmos soundbar? I know only eARC can actually pass thru uncompressed Atmos signal and that standard ARC sends it via a Dolby Digital container, however the apps should still show the Atmos logo.

I just got an Atmos Soundbar last night (hooked to the TV via HDMI-ARC and couldn't get the WebOS Disney+ app on the TV to show Atmos on titles I know support it. I haven't checked the Netflix app yet but now I'm at work and I figured I ask while I wait to get back home.

On my other devices like my 4K UHD Player I can confirm the soundbar is receiving and outputting Atmos complete with overheads. I would just rather not have to switch to my external devices every time I want to stream Atmos content.
The C6 does not support atmos. Unfortunately you would need to upgrade to a newer model.

·
Registered
12 Posts

The C6 does not support atmos. Unfortunately you would need to upgrade to a newer model.

You sure dude? I received this answer from LG a couple hours ago.

"Upon review of our LG OLED65C6P TV, we are pleased to inform you that our built-in applications does support Dolby Atmos capability. However, please be advised that for us to utilize this feature, all sources should have a built-in Dolby Atmos feature also. Hence, if you will be using external speakers, such as your soundbar, please ensure first that your soundbar also supports Dolby Atmos otherwise we may only use this feature through the TV's internal speakers."

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts

"Upon review of our LG OLED65C6P TV, we are pleased to inform you that our built-in applications does support Dolby Atmos capability. However, please be advised that for us to utilize this feature, all sources should have a built-in Dolby Atmos feature also. Hence, if you will be using external speakers, such as your soundbar, please ensure first that your soundbar also supports Dolby Atmos otherwise we may only use this feature through the TV's internal speakers."
hmmm shocking, i thought i was a hardware limitation, check to see if it works for you? if yes i will be super happy :)
There was a major petition for the 2016 models to support dolby atmos but LG said it was hardware limitation, here is the link-

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/6/28/15887986/lg-oled-tv-dolby-atmos-arc-petition

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

The 2016 models don't support atmos. I have one. I don't know that i've ever gotten disney+ to work with atmos on any device.

It wasn't until the models released in 2017 or 2018 that they added atmos support. Test netflix and see if somethings changed.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

I definitely know. I have a c6 as well as a c8 and c9 and only my c8 & c9 do atmos

·
Registered
12 Posts

I definitely know. I have a c6 as well as a c8 and c9 and only my c8 & c9 do atmos

So you're saying I should message LG back and ask them what they are smoking?

·
Registered
12 Posts

The 2016 models don't support atmos. I have one. I don't know that i've ever gotten disney+ to work with atmos on any device.

It wasn't until the models released in 2017 or 2018 that they added atmos support. Test netflix and see if somethings changed.
Disney+ Atmos works on my NVIDIA Shield TV.

You think I was given an answer by an inept LG employee or something then?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Disney+ Atmos works on my NVIDIA Shield TV.

You think I was given an answer by an inept LG employee or something then?
I have a shield and it wasn't working on it. But I don't use my shield often and it's been a long time since I last checked on it.

And yes. I never trust employees. They don't know and/or don't care.

28721 - 28740 of 28917 Posts