AVS Forum banner

28781 - 28800 of 28913 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
B6 owner... I have noticed for a couple of weeks now that the Amazon App no longer plays HDR content, even though the title specifically states HDR. The video looks to be 4K, but definitly not HDR (easily confirmed checking Picture Mode). I went ahead and upgraded to 5.31 to see if that would help, but no. I also noticed the Amazon App no longer displays the video quality (i.e. SD/HD/UHD). We had been watching HDR content without any issues in the past... if Amazon is no longer supporting HDR content for the B6's, that's a bummer.

BTW... where is the thread search function?

·
Registered
26 Posts
B6 owner... I have noticed for a couple of weeks now that the Amazon App no longer plays HDR content, even though the title specifically states HDR. The video looks to be 4K, but definitly not HDR (easily confirmed checking Picture Mode). I went ahead and upgraded to 5.31 to see if that would help, but no. I also noticed the Amazon App no longer displays the video quality (i.e. SD/HD/UHD). We had been watching HDR content without any issues in the past... if Amazon is no longer supporting HDR content for the B6's, that's a bummer.

BTW... where is the thread search function?
B6 owner. Same here. No HDR on Amazon Prime using the LG App. Just noticed this yesterday, but was watching The Tick in HDR last week. I deleted the app and reinstalled, no change. Anyone else having this issue.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
B6 owner. Same here. No HDR on Amazon Prime using the LG App. Just noticed this yesterday, but was watching The Tick in HDR last week. I deleted the app and reinstalled, no change. Anyone else having this issue.
Same here. 65B6. Fleabag. No hdr.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We just started Disney+ today. Dolby Vision looks terrible with the LG App (B6 owner). But, HDR10 looks good via a different device (Xbox One X). My guess is that Disney needs to reprocess their Dolby Vision releases. The Xbox saved the day for watching The Mandelorian.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HDR gone here also with 55B6. Can we complain to Amazon Prime? It is on their side surely, because Netflix, and I believe, Vudu, are unaffected. Also very annoying that Amazon is now running commercials on old TV series; to avoid, one must pay $1.99 per episode for material that was included free with a Prime account. Ah, greed. Or maybe a pandemic byproduct?

·
Registered
491 Posts
The 7 series is affected as well in terms of missing DV and HDR10 output for Prime.

Along with Dolby Vision support (tagging, output) disappearing with the Prime app 1.1.19 update (which also lost us the playback quality indicator) several weeks back, the recent 1.1.21 update also has disappearing HDR10 output (still tagged though) as of the last day or three.

Let Amazon know:

·
Registered
994 Posts
My C6 updated to 5.30.95 as well. Anyone know what the new firmware does? Surprised to get an update this far after release!
there is no update on C6 for NA on LG website,

·
Registered
732 Posts
65c6 same no hdr. Ironically the whole reason I was using the internal app for Amazon was because HDR was broken on the Apple TV 4K. Now I go back to the Apple TV 4K, in the Amazon app is processing HDR properly. That points that there is probably some setting in the new app update that is borked

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Wow no HDR on my C6 Amazon app either. That's BS. I used the internal app because it was good for 24fps content playing back correctly. Chromecast does the ugly 60hz conversion. I do believe however that my Sony x700 player's Amazon app does do 24fps though so I might use that until this is hopefully fixed.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Wow no HDR on my C6 Amazon app either. That's BS. I used the internal app because it was good for 24fps content playing back correctly. Chromecast does the ugly 60hz conversion. I do believe however that my Sony x700 player's Amazon app does do 24fps though so I might use that until this is hopefully fixed.
Fire TV 4K Stick is on sale now. It has the feature to use framerate of the original content that works with Prime. Still has HDR with Amazon content.

The Roku Premiere Amazon Prime Video app is also working with HDR, as tested 2 days ago. The Roku also has a setting to display original content framerate if supported by the app. Not sure if it works with Prime Video though. The Fire TV actually flashes "adjusting video framerate" when Amazon content starts playing.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Fire TV 4K Stick is on sale now. It has the feature to use framerate of the original content that works with Prime. Still has HDR with Amazon content.

The Roku Premiere Amazon Prime Video app is also working with HDR, as tested 2 days ago. The Roku also has a setting to display original content framerate if supported by the app. Not sure if it works with Prime Video though. The Fire TV actually flashes "adjusting video framerate" when Amazon content starts playing.
If Roku would support Google play movies in 4K and HDR (or at least through YouTube in 4K HDR*) then I might consider switching from my Chromecast to that, because I do like the frame rate matching option. But last I checked, it does not.

*Note that even if the YouTube app supports HDR for regular videos, purchases may still play without HDR or even in lower resolution, based on my experience with other devices.

By the way, if you want to check if something is outputting 24hz, use the arrow keys to go to the channel tuning menu option and press 11111 and it shows the refresh rate.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
If Roku would support Google play movies in 4K and HDR (or at least through YouTube in 4K HDR*) then I might consider switching from my Chromecast to that, because I do like the frame rate matching option. But last I checked, it does not.

*Note that even if the YouTube app supports HDR for regular videos, purchases may still play without HDR or even in lower resolution, based on my experience with other devices.

By the way, if you want to check if something is outputting 24hz, use the arrow keys to go to the channel tuning menu option and press 11111 and it shows the refresh rate.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk
Not familiar with Google Play, but I believe you can sideload it on a Fire TV device from a source like apkmirror. You can also sideload other Android TV apps like HBO Max and Peacock. I haven't tried it myself, but have heard others with success.

About that refresh rate check, I do this with the LG TV remote? Not sure where this channel tuning menu is. I have CEC turned on, so those arrows bring up the Fire TV's menus.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Not familiar with Google Play, but I believe you can sideload it on a Fire TV device from a source like apkmirror. You can also sideload other Android TV apps like HBO Max and Peacock. I haven't tried it myself, but have heard others with success.
I'm not sure if the Android TV app actually supports HDR either

About that refresh rate check, I do this with the LG TV remote? Not sure where this channel tuning menu is. I have CEC turned on, so those arrows bring up the Fire TV's menus.
Yeah go into the TV options menu (the gear icon on the remote, hold it down or click once and press all settings in the corner) then there will be a channels menu with Channel Tuning as an option

·
Registered
785 Posts
My C6 updated to 5.30.95 as well. Anyone know what the new firmware does? Surprised to get an update this far after release!
My E6 got the same update:

[05.30.95]
1. Fix the failure of access to certain website in the browser

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done a ton of digging around online but can't seem to figure out how or if I can fix my C6 so maybe someone can help here. I had lightning strike near my house and it took out a whole bunch of electronics including my C6. The TV will turn on but no picture will display. The power light flashes 3 times when booting up (not sure if this is normal or not). I figured it main board probably went out so I replaced that and no luck. I then replaced the two power boards but that didn't fix it either. The only board left to replace is the T-Con board which I ordered yesterday but I'm not confident it'll be the fix. Anyone here have a suggestion or is the tv probably just toast? Thanks.

28781 - 28800 of 28913 Posts