AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 29120 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Oh yeah... I have had a strange artifacting issue. I haven't followed any of the threads here lately so I don't know if anyone else has had it or not. Basically, the screen will rapidly shift color for about a single frame - the overall image is still there, but the color is way off. Like I said it's a quick flash that occurs. It happens not even once per use, so it's not like it's a big issue, but it's a potential concern if hardware is failing. I haven't noticed it on regular TV using HDMI 2, but I don't watch TV very often at all so it may not have had time to occur yet.

Could be the cable or my GPU (Titan X) I suppose, but I'm using a short KabelDirekt HDMI cable which are pretty top notch. I've gone through several driver updates for my GPUs and the TV. This could be a really hard issue to nail down if nobody else has had anything similar occurring, but from my brief glance at the other thread I have seen some people complaining about something with the new TVs? Going to look more into that now.
Not sure if it's the same issue you are describing, but I've read many reports of bright/white flashes with the 2016 sets, both here and on AVF. See this post

Also, I was curious if you had tried feeding the TV a 1920x1080 signal from your video card, if you could get a higher refresh rate than 60 Hz.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Has anyone thought about splitting the C6 and B6 into separate threads? This being the C6 thread (we have one owner!) if retired or moved. If so, the next few days or so before the first B6s ship would be the time to do it. Curved vs. flat and 3D vs. no 3D will likely create discussion unique to each and seem like big enough differences to justify it. Also, the B6 is likely to be far and away the biggest seller and may need a thread unto its own.

Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Has anyone thought about splitting the C6 and B6 into separate threads? This being the C6 thread (we have one owner!) if retired or moved. If so, the next few days or so before the first B6s ship would be the time to do it. Curved vs. flat and 3D vs. no 3D will likely create discussion unique to each and seem like big enough differences to justify it. Also, the B6 is likely to be far and away the biggest seller and may need a thread unto its own.

Just throwing it out there.

I really don't think that's necessary. I don't need another thread to keep track of! I think all 4 should be in the same thread. They all have the same pq.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you're taking pictures I would be interested in some of of the back panel (assuming your TV is not wall mounted). Thanks.

Perhaps your issue is the white flashing some E6 owners are experiencing - 2016 LG OLED 65G6P and 65E6P Owners Thread

I'd like to see the back too. I'd like to see pics of the design in general. I'd like to see if the bezel is exactly the same as last year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the 2016 models still have the judder problem? Also is "five hundred and something" nits enough? It concerns me because it's already low compared to LED and a percentage of it is going to be lost in few years anyways. Meaning I won't be able to compensate the lost nits by increasing brightness level settings because I'm already watching at full brightness.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I really don't think that's necessary. I don't need another thread to keep track of! I think all 4 should be in the same thread. They all have the same pq.
Yeah, I hear you. I think the C should go in with the G and E because of the 3D and then we'd have two owners threads but that ship has sailed. Maybe they will shut down the general thread once there are owners threads for all 4 models.

I could be wrong, but I see a lot of 3D/crosstalk discussion in here that will be irrelevant and annoying to the vast majority of B6 owners and potential buyers. The curved vs flat may also introduce different screen uniformaity issues unique to both, but maybe they will be the same.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Does the 2016 models still have the judder problem? Also is "five hundred and something" nits enough? It concerns me because it's already low compared to LED and a percentage of it is going to be lost in few years anyways. Meaning I won't be able to compensate the lost nits by increasing brightness level settings because I'm already watching at full brightness.
Not nearly bright enough, best to go with the much better LCD backlight display technology. You also have the side benefit of not needing to go outside for a suntan.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So comments on the photos... there is a light directly behind me on the 100% white slide, so there is a slight cast of yellow on the screen. Rest assured the white is pure white with no lack of uniformity that I can easily see. This picture is at 100 OLED light.

The first 5% slide is at 100 OLED light. The second is at 0 OLED light. The camera shutter and ISO were compensated to produce photos that aided in visibility of the panel. The banding you see is there, but it is VERY hard to see. The camera exacerbates the issue. Also, in normal content, especially moving content, you would never have the potential for this to even become visible.

The center of the screen is a HAIR darker than the edges - funny how that works after last year. Again, something I didn't even notice until I looked at the photo and then looked really hard at the panel itself to notice it.

I have not run any manual compensation cycles, and the set only has 66 hours.

The back of the TV panel is a brushed stainless gray look. Really pleasing to the eye (except you'll never see it back there LOL). The plastic housing is a flat gray.

The side and top black bezels are bigger than last year, primarily the top, but nothing extreme. As you can (maybe) see the IR wart at the bottom with the LG logo is a lot smaller.

Not sure if it's the same issue you are describing, but I've read many reports of bright/white flashes with the 2016 sets, both here and on AVF. See this post

Also, I was curious if you had tried feeding the TV a 1920x1080 signal from your video card, if you could get a higher refresh rate than 60 Hz.
It's definitely not a white flash of any sort. It's a flicker of incorrect color across the entire panel. My desktop still clearly looks like my desktop when it happens.

TV will not do 120 Hz input at 1080p.

I thought the EF9500 didn't have the judder issue. I don't think I ever noticed it either way, and I don't have any issues on my C6 now. I think the TV is plenty bright. Believe me, contrast makes up for whatever you think you'll enjoy in retina searing brightness from newer LED TVs. There is nothing like an OLED.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got confirmation from Nordic Partner Director at LG, that B/E/G basically has the same screen.
Difference is that E/G has:

3D support,
More powerfull processor (probably due to 3D support.)
Soundbar
2 Premium remotes
Premium designs

So as he says - You won't be able to notice differnece in picture quality, when viewing 2D on either.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Pics

@Nitemare3219. May we please have some pictures of some content (either blu ray or cable). Forget some slides....

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I just got confirmation from Nordic Partner Director at LG, that B/E/G basically has the same screen.
Difference is that E/G has:

3D support,
More powerfull processor (probably due to 3D support.)
Soundbar
2 Premium remotes
Premium designs

So as he says - You won't be able to notice differnece in picture quality, when viewing 2D on either.
Does the C model also have the more powerful processor, since it also has the 3D feature?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Previously a 55EG9600 owner and now a proud 55C6P owner. Huge upgrade over last year. Definitely happy with this purchase.
Can you comment on the 3D performance of your C6? Was wondering if there are any crosstalk/distortion issues when viewing 3D on the C6 as compared to the EG9600 you had before....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Best Buy is showing the 65" C6 and the 65" E6 for the same price ($5999). I would've thought the C6 would be lower

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
That is because the 65C6P isn't out yet. It will drop in price. I am hoping $4,500 is the new standard for the entry level 65in. OLED's. Samsung is offering a $1,500 rebate on it's KS9000 in the 65in. size at $3,000 and LED HDR displays are a lot cheaper than last year.

When the 65EF9500 launched it had a MSRP of $7,000 and LG quickly offered a $2,000 rebate bringing the price to $5,000 within a month of appearing.

21 - 40 of 29120 Posts