AVS Forum banner

12501 - 12520 of 28761 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Have the 55C6 - perfect amazing 3d. Coming from a 9100 myself the 3d is so much better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How many hours do you have on your panel ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have 40 hours.

As to your situation...if it were me... and I could see the bands during "in any content", gaming or otherwize , I'd take it back for an exchange.
Thank you, I'm going to exchange it tomorrow and hope for the best. My current tv is Oct 2016. Honestly, if the dark line was on the side, I might let it slide, but it's crazy distracting right in the middle.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Does anyone have a 55 C6 that has no ghosting in 3D? I have gone through 3 sets (609/610/611) which all had similar ghosting/crosstalk issue. I had two EG9100 before which had the perfect 3D. By "perfect", I mean the 3D image can be viewed from any non-extreme vertical/horizontal viewing angles, and the rabbit test was uniform. The 3D on C6 was simply unacceptable compared to EG9100.

It's hard to understand how could LG not able to get the FPR right on the C6. Wondering if I should give up the C6 and go for E6...
3D on mine is 100% ghosting-free

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I posted this in the other thread. Sorry about repeating if you follow both threads.

If anyone is using PC mode to fix their motion issues there is a problem.

The TV pops out of PC mode when it gets a 24p signal. You can confirm this by seeing that Trumotion is available.

If you are not having motion issues and have not grading to the latest firmware you should not upgrade. The latest firmware fixed lag for HDR gaming, but is seems to have broke motion (introduced more stuttering).

So if you don't care about lag for HDR gaming, I suggest you wait for a different firmware. The current firmware is 04.30.77

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
I have 40 hours.

Thank you, I'm going to exchange it tomorrow and hope for the best. My current tv is Oct 2016. Honestly, if the dark line was on the side, I might let it slide, but it's crazy distracting right in the middle.
Thats not very many hours , have you run any manual.comp cycles ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Can anyone tell me if a white screen looks white or if it gives a gray tint to a white screen? I had last years oled and I had an issue where an all white screen looked slightly gray. Thank you.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am still not sure why people deny that IR is not an issue in OLED...Its literally a downside of the technology and is noticeable.

A lot of people here have their light down to low 40-50s and maybe at those light levels its not as noticeable but at 50+, it is apparent and often especially when going from something light to dark.

IR and Burn do happen and no one can deny that. It does happen.
No IR on mine and I'm using the default ISF Dark mode where the OLED light is set to 80 and brightness at 50. Unless you are using these TV's as computer monitors working on them 8-10 hours a day with static images, it's probably safe to assume the TV is safe from IR. I don't think I've seen this many posts on IR in any plasma forums....damn

·
Registered
479 Posts
No IR on mine and I'm using the default ISF Dark mode where the OLED light is set to 80 and brightness at 50. Unless you are using these TV's as computer monitors working on them 8-10 hours a day with static images, it's probably safe to assume the TV is safe from IR. I don't think I've seen this many posts on IR in any plasma forums....damn
I'm using mine as a monitor, and I've seen no IR from that either. I don't leave it turned on 24/7, mind you, but I often use it several hours at a time as my monitor. With the number of pictures we get of vignetting and banding, you'd think this forum would be overrun with pictures of IR if the problem was as dire as it sounds in some of these messages.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi! New here obv. Got my 65 b6 last week and after a week vacation I'm home trying to get it all set up. So far I can tell it's awesome. Mostly I'm watching DIRECTV and playing Xbox one and some movies here or there. Dtv has ****ty signal so this tv can't fix that but the Xbox looks great lol. I'll leave my settings questions for the settings thread tho.

Question about ARC: first time using this as usually I go through my avr but the xbone needs to be direct to the tv for hdr.

I have an onkyo tx-sr508. I'm running the arc and have it enabled and working. Is there a way to get the tv to display the volume when adjusting it up or down? My old sharp would display the tv volume bar when using the arc as a proxy for the volume on the receiver even though the internal speakers were disabled.

Also sometimes when I change inputs the arc doesn't work right and I have to turn the Xbox off and back on. Is this expected behavior?

Lastly, should i turn av sync on the tv on? What does "bypass" mean under the sync? Even if I leave it at 0 is it worth turning on? Or should I use the lip sync on my avr instead or use both or neither? It seems to be synced well on the Xbox but with dtv there's some lip sync lag.

Thanks for the helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm using mine as a monitor, and I've seen no IR from that either. I don't leave it turned on 24/7, mind you, but I often use it several hours at a time as my monitor. With the number of pictures we get of vignetting and banding, you'd think this forum would be overrun with pictures of IR if the problem was as dire as it sounds in some of these messages.
I think that the main reason why we don't see many posts about IR is because of the safegaurds that LG put it place to minimize it - pixel-shift, screen-saver and compensation cycles. Well that and if you do mention that you have seen it, people will tell you that you're an idiot and that it's not possible - or that you "abuse" your TV - how in the hell do you "abuse" a TV?? You turn it on and watch it - and then you turn it off when you're done. So I can understand why people wouldn't post about it. :)

My main point in all of this is that, by nature, IR is an issue with OLED (and with any emissive display). LG does certain things to help avoid it - but if you go turning those features off (Screen saver and pixel-shift) - and/or if your usage patterns are such that compensation cycles don't run regularly - and/or you have OLED Light set to 100 (for example) - then I can definitely understand how IR can be an issue.

But I'm sure that the VAST majority of people leave things like pixel-shift and screen-savers on - and in combination with regular compensation cycles, that is why you don't see many posts about IR. But I certainly wouldn't recommend disable the safety features that LG put into place like some have done (and so far, with their usage, have gotten away with it).

Again, I was just disagreeing with the people that say that it's can't happen. They say that it's not an issue - and that may be true, for *their* usage of the device. They may not use it as a monitor - or play video games on it, or watch a single channel 24 hours a day, for example. But they are being very "close minded" to assume that because it's not an issue for them, then it can't possibly be an issue for anyone else. That's all. :)

Like I said, I've never had issues with IR either - but I don't doubt that some people do have issues with it under certain circumstances. And I think that it should at least be considered depending on your planned uses of the set. It's just like anytime anyone mentions something negative in here - other owners get all defensive and act like their TV can't possibly have a fault!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
Thats exactly the point I am making , is burn in impossible ? No is it likely certainly not. Anyone that is posting about it being an issue to worry about is being disingenious imo. Obviously alot of folks have never owned a plasma where the risk of stubborn IR or burn is actually real.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Does anyone have a 55 C6 that has no ghosting in 3D? I have gone through 3 sets (609/610/611) which all had similar ghosting/crosstalk issue. I had two EG9100 before which had the perfect 3D. By "perfect", I mean the 3D image can be viewed from any non-extreme vertical/horizontal viewing angles, and the rabbit test was uniform. The 3D on C6 was simply unacceptable compared to EG9100.

It's hard to understand how could LG not able to get the FPR right on the C6. Wondering if I should give up the C6 and go for E6...
you must be sitting too close or have the TV at a weird angle, 3d is perfect if positioned right

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
For any who read this thread and have any doubts at all about the 2016 OLED's ability to look great in a very bright environment, take a look at the last post (with pics) in my signature theater thread. My only regret is that I spent so much time in the past months even giving any thought to whether the OLEDs would perform well in a sunlit room.

Again, my very special "THANKS!" to those who did post in response to my inquiries on that subject which finally led to my decision to buy. :)

·
Banned
46 Posts
For any who read this thread and have any doubts at all about the 2016 OLED's ability to look great in a very bright environment, take a look at the last post (with pics) in my signature theater thread. My only regret is that I spent so much time in the past months even giving any thought to whether the OLEDs would perform well in a sunlit room.

Again, my very special "THANKS!" to those who did post in response to my inquiries on that subject which finally led to my decision to buy. :)
Link to pics please?

·
Banned
46 Posts

Link to pics please?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Link to pics please?
In my post, I referenced my signagure theater thread. Take a look at my signature below: "Atmos/DTS:X HT".

12501 - 12520 of 28761 Posts