AVS Forum banner

541 - 560 of 2218 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've been using real cinema only for about 2-3 weeks , for movies ,net flicks ,vudu ,and amazon ,from the tv internal apps , so far its seems closest to plasma for motion smoothness, not sure about motion resolution .

·
Premium Member
12,417 Posts
I've been using real cinema only for about 2-3 weeks , for movies ,net flicks ,vudu ,and amazon ,from the tv internal apps , so far its seems
closest to plasma for motion smoothness, not sure about motion resolution .
Real Cinema On Tm Off for 24hz really isn't bad, just more judder than I'd prefer. Wish I could use DJ 1 without artifacts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My E6 is doing all kind of bad things with True Motion. I would really like it to work, but it just don't.

See my videos here:

True Motion Off:
True Motion On (DB0 DJ0):

·
Premium Member
12,417 Posts
If you note in your videos how smooth the back and forth is with RC only, and how jerky it is once you turn TM On.

TM On starts applying 3:2 pulldown once it takes over from Real Cinema.

Im guessing with RC only, you get 2:2 on 60hz and 5:5 on 120hz, but you will have some judder.

For an experiment I watched the new release of Heat on blu-ray last night with DJ 1 DB 10. Motion overall is better than RC only IMO, but, I see a lot of artifacts. I'd rather just have the judder I think.

·
Registered
996 Posts
This may have already been discussed, but how do they show 24hz and 60hz on the same screen like that? If it's "emulated", is it possible that the results are not what you'd actually see with real content running at 24hz and/or 60hz?

Sent from my Vi10 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing on my set. Let me know what they say. I've been just running TM off on all inputs to avoid seeing it. Someone on here told me it was a video processing artifact from using TM, so I don't think we're the only ones.
It's a dejudder artifact. Your panel is fine. You can replicate this easily if you want to show the Lg tech. Put in The Martian Ultra Hd Blu Ray and in the beginning camera pan of Mars will clearly show it. Green line usually shows in dark panning scenes if you use dejudder.
Thank you Guys, I am now in a mix, do I let them change the processor and the panel which they have ordered in or do I cancel the repair as I dont want my TV taking apart if its not going to work.
Over here in the UK we are still waiting for update .15 so I assume you have this as your in the states and your still seeing it. I wonder if it is on other peoples Tv's but if they dont watch in a dark room they are just not seeing it. I have a dedicated room and in a dark scene it is quite noticeable but the same scene with the lights on i dont see it.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Thank you Guys, I am now in a mix, do I let them change the processor and the panel which they have ordered in or do I cancel the repair as I dont want my TV taking apart if its not going to work.
Over here in the UK we are still waiting for update .15 so I assume you have this as your in the states and your still seeing it. I wonder if it is on other peoples Tv's but if they dont watch in a dark room they are just not seeing it. I have a dedicated room and in a dark scene it is quite noticeable but the same scene with the lights on i dont see it.
Personally, I wouldn't want them tearing apart my TV to "fix" something that really isn't broken. It sounds like a few others have confirmed that they also see the same thing (as well as the cause), so I don't think that you have anything to gain by having them replace something that isn't broken.

Just my two cents though!

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
I think what may be confusing the issue is that the B6s are behaving differently from all the other 2016 models as they have different processors and get different firmware updates.

I hate to suggest this but do you guys think we'd benefit by putting the B's in another thread and renaming this one or some change so that the right information is getting to the right person?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm on firmware 4.31.20 and if I use dejudder even at 1, the green line shows up on dark panning scenes. It's always on the right side edge of the screen only. I personally don't know if this is the B6 models only being affected but it's easy to replicate with the Martian blu ray if others with different model oleds would give it a try.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm on firmware 4.31.20 and if I use dejudder even at 1, the green line shows up on dark panning scenes. It's always on the right side edge of the screen only. I personally don't know if this is the B6 models only being affected but it's easy to replicate with the Martian blu ray if others with different model oleds would give it a try.
Thank you, I too would appreciate any feedback, I have postponed my engineer visit pending some more investigating, Like you it is only on the right hand side during dark panning scenes and only with DJ at 1 or above. I have a few things recorded on sky to show the engineer if and when they come!

So by what you say the latest firmware has not made any difference, I dont mind the DJ at 0, I can live with it but i would like to know if it is fixable and can work as it is supposed to. A change of processor wouldnt be too bad but i dont want a panel change as the uniformity of mine is pretty good, sods law says if its changed it will be for one thats worse!!

·
Banned
1,490 Posts
I think what may be confusing the issue is that the B6s are behaving differently from all the other 2016 models as they have different processors and get different firmware updates.

I hate to suggest this but do you guys think we'd benefit by putting the B's in another thread and renaming this one or some change so that the right information is getting to the right person?
What do you mean?

If anything from what i see in the last 3 pages, the B6 has the best motion and less artefacts.

Also, the ball test videos run perfectly on our set, even with motion interpolation on (at least for us in North America who received the patch months ago)

·
Banned
1,490 Posts
Like I said even using The Martian test, there's no green line on my B6 using interpolation

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is there really so much artefacts on the E6 using DJ1 ?

On the B6, there's almost none, like 1 every 30 minutes.
i dont notice any at all at dejudder1 ,e6p, it is just a bit too much soa for 24p bly rays ,real cinema seems to be better for 24p ,does any one know what real cinema does for that matter .

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
In the interest of science I'll try the Pixel Orbiter/ Hard Reset trick tonight. Don't think I'll miss the orbiter in any event, so I don't care if it's off.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What do you mean?

If anything from what i see in the last 3 pages, the B6 has the best motion and less artefacts.

Also, the ball test videos run perfectly on our set, even with motion interpolation on (at least for us in North America who received the patch months ago)
He didn't say that the B6 is worse than the others - just that it "behaves differently". :) I'd have to agree with him. Even you agree that the motion on the B6 behaves different than the others.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
i dont notice any at all at dejudder1 ,e6p, it is just a bit too much soa for 24p bly rays ,real cinema seems to be better for 24p ,does any one know what real cinema does for that matter .

Real cinema gives you true 24 fps motion. It does so by displaying each frame 5 times on these 120hz panel tvs. To understand it better, you would be well served looking up what 3:2 pulldown is on the web and seeing what real cinema does not do.

·
Premium Member
12,417 Posts
i got it ,so the math is perfect frame wise ,so thats y the motion seems smooth
Yeah, RC on with Tm off is pretty slick, just a matter of how one feels about judder.

541 - 560 of 2218 Posts