AVS Forum banner

561 - 580 of 2218 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,418 Posts
so is judder worst with real cinema only ,vs dejudder on 1 ,i could use dejudder 1 as it seems a pinch smoother than real cinema .
Yes, DJ1 is def better smoothness wise IMO. But, I do get some artifacts then on the E6.

I guess it is a matter of random artifacts vs judder all the time, if either matter to you.

There is a good case for either, no mode is perfect and you have to choose with your own eyes. Motion is different for everyone.

Reactions: RichB and chunon

·
Registered
240 Posts
Like I said even using The Martian test, there's no green line on my B6 using interpolation
Just double checked, time stamp 1:33 The Martian 4k blu ray and green line on the right edge of screen. Occurs with dejudder at 1 and above. No green line at dejudder set at 0. Firmware .20 on 65B6. If others can double check and report. Thx

·
Premium Member
12,418 Posts
Just a follow up, I was watching an episode of Dr Who on Amazon (1080p/60) using DJ 1 DB 0, and the artifacts were almost nonexistent. There was a spot with some lightning strikes reflecting on a door (for some reason bright flashes like that really trip up DJ) so I took the opportunity to test settings against one another.

No DJ setting would stop the artifacts other than 0, the curious thing was DJ 1, 2, 3 did not get any worse. But, with DJ 1 DB 0 the artifact was diminished when it presented itself vs DJ 1 DB 10.

Just watching in real time, I don't see a point to using DB if you are using a DJ setting anyways. I get where using DB if DJ is 0 makes sense, but DJ 1 looks pretty good on material and DJ 2 looks even better if you don't think it is too smooth.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Just a follow up, I was watching an episode of Dr Who on Amazon (1080p/60) using DJ 1 DB 0, and the artifacts were almost nonexistent. There was a spot with some lightning strikes reflecting on a door (for some reason bright flashes like that really trip up DJ) so I took the opportunity to test settings against one another.

No DJ setting would stop the artifacts other than 0, the curious thing was DJ 1, 2, 3 did not get any worse. But, with DJ 1 DB 0 the artifact was diminished when it presented itself vs DJ 1 DB 10.

Just watching in real time, I don't see a point to using DB if you are using a DJ setting anyways. I get where using DB if DJ is 0 makes sense, but DJ 1 looks pretty good on material and DJ 2 looks even better if you don't think it is too smooth.
I am with ya here. After messing with motion settings for too long I have settled on DJ 2, DB 0 for blu-ray and UHD content. I also have been using it for streaming and whatever else and it appears to be OK with that stuff too. Im not as sensitive to motion issues as others but I do appreciate the slightly smoothed out look of DeJudder as long as it doesnt muck anything up. So far, so good. :)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Tried the turn off screen shift and hard reset method. Going off of memory of what motion and blur looked like with screen shift on, and what it looks like now with it off, it's either a slight improvement or no improvement (placebo), but definitely nothing of a night and day difference.

In any case, I'll leave the screen shift off as well as TM off. I had been leaving TM off for a while now as the stutter of DB was annoying and didn't really do much DB-ing, despite its namesake, and DJ on 1, was pretty good from an SOE standpoint, but did introduce occasional oddities...

I'll give DJ 1 and DB 0 another shot, but most likely I'll just stick with TM completely off and RC on.

·
Premium Member
12,418 Posts
Any one here with 65 E6p what settings are recommended? How about to kill SO effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The two best IMO are DJ 1 DB 0, or TM Off and RC only. If I had to pick the best one, it would be DJ 1 DB 0.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Quick couple of question for people with Korean FW. Do you still have access to North America content Netfix etc?
Did anybody tried to go back to US firmware?

·
Banned
369 Posts
Google translation from LG Korea web side is listing video related bug fix twice in new firmware.

Final Ver

3. Changes
ⓐ Fixed video related bug
ⓑ Fixed LG contents store problem
ⓒ Netflix certified
ⓓ Fixed secondary bug related to video
ⓔ Improved performance
ⓕ Fixed video related bug
ⓖ Fixed video related 4th bug
ⓗ Fixed voice related bug
Ⓘ HDMI audio interruption correction (MR Major)
동시 Simultaneous power-on of STB + TV at no time
개선 Improved problem of half-screen image break in 3D OFF / ON
Ⓝ PS4 Pro hdr Game on / off no image improvement

·
Registered
80 Posts
Quick couple of question for people with Korean FW. Do you still have access to North America content Netfix etc?
Did anybody tried to go back to US firmware?
Yes, everything in Netflix is NA still. Did not try to revert back to original firmware. No issues after 1 month of use, to include no PS4 Pro handshake issues I had prior to updating.

OLED55C6P PS4 PRO Comcast Xfinity 200+ MB Internet

·
Banned
369 Posts
Thanks for info on Korean firmware.

Few comments after hours of testing and reading this thread.

Pixel shift does work. It is shifting image one line horizontal at around 40 seconds or so. Probably does it vertical as well. It is not effecting pixel mapping 1 to 1. It causes switched eyes left to right on 3D image when sent to TV from PC as 3D interlaced image in 4K. Not noticeable otherwise.

I don't see any stuttering in the image on my C6 with 24 or 60 fps as long as it is clean unconverted material. I watched Zootopia cable car with posts moving in the background few times with different settings. No stuttering as it was shown in video in this thread couple of months ago.

Artifacts from DJ above 0 are present and confirmed but based on the content I still set it up at 4 for 24fps movies :)
3D makes it worse from different errors between eyes.

YouTube videos are not the best for testing frame rates and related issues. Videos are converted and stuttering during playback. I wouldn't try to set the TV based on those.

RC does something to 24fps almost like it synchronizes display update to frame rate.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I recently bought an LG 43UJ6300 for my bedroom.

I can report that the motion is better on the LCD vs the OLED with Trumotion set to OFF on both TVs. I think that the motion is a problem on the OLEDs with panning shots. The rest of the motion is fine.

There are a couple of reference videos that I used. Episode 2 of "Stranger Things" on Netflix. Check the scene right after the opening title. (The camera pans to a house and a guy is working on a telephone pole) This scene looked fine on the LCD and very juddery on the OLED. The same thing on the opening scene of "Hell or High Water". Juddery on the OLED, acceptable on the LCD. This is with Trumotion off on both TVs.

If it wasn't for the juddery panning shots I would consider these TVs just about perfect.

I am going to check the motion on a Sony A1E to see if the same thing happens with all motion processing off.
I tested the motion on a Sony A1E today. I used the opening scene of "Hell or High Water" for the test.

The motion on the Sony looked about the same as the LG with all motion enhancements off. After playing around with the motion settings on the Sony a strong SOE was introduced. Other weird motion was introduced on Sony's smooth setting. (The car in the opening scene jumped a couple of times)

It seems that the motion problems are more of an OLED thing and not an LG thing.

BTW it was a pain to plug in a USB stick on the Sony TV and the screen leaning back is weird.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Did you try black frame insertion mode as well on the sony? Its probably called something else and not where the other motion controls are.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Did you try black frame insertion mode as well on the sony? Its probably called something else and not where the other motion controls are.
No I didn't try the BFI, unless it was on by default.

I guess I will check next time.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
On the sony, I would turn all regular motion stuff off and then only enable black frame insertion. The only exception would be if you need another setting to get 24p cadence with BFI. This in theory should net you better than plasma motion.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The rtings.com review said to turn on bfi use motion flow custom clear high. I'd also be curious how that looks
I've been using the Clear motion setting on my FiOS viewing where RC isn't an option, for the past few days on my 65E6 with the Korean fw and have noticed that there are hardly any glitches or artifacts. Nothing like when you do a manual setting of DJ/DB. Yes, the SOE is sort of strong but I've adjusted. Is there something specific the TV does since Clear is a preset? Can anyone who isn't on the Korean fw try watching some content on Clear and report back? Thanks

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Google translation from LG Korea web side is listing video related bug fix twice in new firmware.

Final Ver

3. Changes
ⓐ Fixed video related bug
ⓑ Fixed LG contents store problem
ⓒ Netflix certified
ⓓ Fixed secondary bug related to video
ⓔ Improved performance
ⓕ Fixed video related bug
ⓖ Fixed video related 4th bug
ⓗ Fixed voice related bug
Ⓘ HDMI audio interruption correction (MR Major)
동시 Simultaneous power-on of STB + TV at no time
개선 Improved problem of half-screen image break in 3D OFF / ON
Ⓝ PS4 Pro hdr Game on / off no image improvement
Those fixes are cumulative for all FW releases. You have to look at the prior FW notes to see the difference between each version. Typically, each line is for 1 release. Also, the KR/US firmware is identical. LG only creates a few different FW worldwide, depending if the TV is in a ATSC or PAL region. Since KR and US both use ATSC, they share the same FW. Even the terrible Comcast Xfinity app reported the US based FW to be of KR origin in it's debug settings.

561 - 580 of 2218 Posts