AVS Forum banner

23381 - 23400 of 23445 Posts

·
Registered
9,870 Posts
My set is now showing 2200 hours completed but did not ask to perform 1 hr comp cycle. What should I do? Anybody plz help me. @wxman ???

P.S: Was out of town so don't know actually if TV asked to perform or not but I asked family members and they said no, TV did not ask anything...there was no msg on screen as per they said....

P.P.S: Had performed 1 hr cycle manually few months back when TV had completed around 700-800 hrs.
It will run it 2000 hours after the last time you ran it. So if you ran it at 800 hours, it won't run again until 2800 hours.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This evening saw "Dolittle" in HDR and its just so mesmerizing. Despite many critics panned the movie, I just loved it for its stunningly powerful visualization and even the plot was interestingly adventurous. Something after Gemini Man looked this wonderful on my E6. I kept thinking about how fabulous it would have looked if released in 3D blu-ray.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Try setting your panny to SDR2020. HDR10 is too dark. I tried setting my OPPO to force output as DV, but still it was dark. You might lose a little specular highlights but I don't think they get brighter than 500 nits, so SDR2020 will maintain the wider color gamut. If you do, make sure you set your color gamut to wide on the E6 for SDR2020.
I thought the advice was normal always for both rec 709 and 2020??

·
Registered
9,870 Posts
I thought the advice was normal always for both rec 709 and 2020??
I thought so too, but when I force a DV disc to play as HDR10 on my Oppo 203, the colors look more muted when set to normal on the E6. When I set it to Wide, it looks similar to DV. If you notice the DV settings on the E6, it is set to wide and greyed out. So DV is using the wide color gamut, not normal.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I thought so too, but when I force a DV disc to play as HDR10 on my Oppo 203, the colors look more muted when set to normal on the E6. When I set it to Wide, it looks similar to DV. If you notice the DV settings on the E6, it is set to wide and greyed out. So DV is using the wide color gamut, not normal.
Can you tell me how to set 10 min panel refresher to 2 hours from service menu? Cant take te chance with my 65E6.
Is it possible to go into service menu through a phone which has IR sensor?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Can you tell me how to set 10 min panel refresher to 2 hours from service menu? Cant take te chance with my 65E6.
Is it possible to go into service menu through a phone which has IR sensor?
Yes, there is an app on the google store that I have called service menu explorer. It’s a paid app and the free version does NOT work. I think it’s around six bucks.

Anyways, get that app onto an IR sensor phone and you should be good to go. The first button you hit once you launch the app and choose IR compatibility mode is the black magic wand button under the #7 . That’s the "In Start" menu button.

Once you get prompted, the password I used was 0413. If that doesn’t work try all zeroes but it should work. Then, Hunt for the option you desire and you can set it to two hours. I did mine a while ago so I forgot how to get there as I type this but you’ll figure it out. Hope this helps. The values change simply by using the left and right arrow buttons. There is no save button, after you change something just exit out of the service menu and it’s now saved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had my LG B6 unplugged for a month or so and when I plugged it back in and turned it on the screen now looks like this. Tv only has 2900 hours and I only use it for watching movies anyone else have this happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Had my LG B6 unplugged for a month or so and when I plugged it back in and turned it on the screen now looks like this. Tv only has 2900 hours and I only use it for watching movies anyone else have this happen.

I've been following this group for three years, and have not seen anyone post an image with the set looking like that, but it's possible I missed it. If it displays the same way on all inputs with all sources as well as when you select internal apps, it has likely unfortunately died. There is a reset procedure which, I believe, consists of turning the set off (maybe even unplugging it?) and holding the power button on the set (not the remote) in for a minute, then again after you plug it back in. Someone may know the procedure for sure and will likely post it.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I've been following this group for three years, and have not seen anyone post an image with the set looking like that, but it's possible I missed it. If it displays the same way on all inputs with all sources as well as when you select internal apps, it has likely unfortunately died. There is a reset procedure which, I believe, consists of turning the set off (maybe even unplugging it?) and holding the power button on the set (not the remote) in for a minute, then again after you plug it back in. Someone may know the procedure for sure and will likely post it.
Yeah, haven’t seen that before. What you could try is reseating or reconnecting your cables and make sure they are tight. Do the hard reset procedure that Doug mentions above. Verify it’s not a connection issue or anything simple. Otherwise, not sure. Hope it’s OK!

·
Registered
288 Posts
OH MY GOSH!
Just 2900 hrs and this happened. This is insane. This looks like unrepairable.
OLED sucks, man!

·
Registered
9,870 Posts
OH MY GOSH!
Just 2900 hrs and this happened. This is insane. This looks like unrepairable.
OLED sucks, man!
Huh? How would you know it's unrepairable, or even broken. I have had weird experiences like that when turning on a tv. A cold reboot, or unplugging for a few minutes and plugging back in, fixes it. It has happened on my plasma tv's and even on one of my OLED tvs. Doesn't mean it's broken. Weird thing can happen at times on almost everything electronic. Even cars have weird issues sometimes when starting up. Turning the car off and waiting a few minutes usually fixes it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Huh? How would you know it's unrepairable, or even broken. I have had weird experiences like that when turning on a tv. A cold reboot, or unplugging for a few minutes and plugging back in, fixes it. It has happened on my plasma tv's and even on one of my OLED tvs. Doesn't mean it's broken. Weird thing can happen at times on almost everything electronic. Even cars have weird issues sometimes when starting up. Turning the car off and waiting a few minutes usually fixes it.
I said "It looks like unrepairable" I didn't say it will never be repaired.
My uncle own LG Service center in delhi, India and he does not recommend OLED tvs.
You always seem so much confident about your OLED sets.
Why don't you share 5% grey slide of your E6 and EF9500?
Let me see how it is.....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Has anybody upgraded to a 2020 CX model who has had an E6? I am thinking about upgrading? I have been away from the forums for awhile because I have just been enjoying my home theater. With the covid thing I was talking to my wife and I just do not foresee us going to the movies for a long long time if we do so maybe a larger screen is int he foreseeable future. Putting a projector in is not really an option because we live in a 1300SQFT condo.

thanks

Dave

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Has anybody upgraded to a 2020 CX model who has had an E6? I am thinking about upgrading? I have been away from the forums for awhile because I have just been enjoying my home theater. With the covid thing I was talking to my wife and I just do not foresee us going to the movies for a long long time if we do so maybe a larger screen is int he foreseeable future. Putting a projector in is not really an option because we live in a 1300SQFT condo.

thanks

Dave
Good question. Maybe you should also post here in the 2020 cx - gx owner thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/3119288-2020-lg-oled-cx-gx-owner-s-thread-faq-posts-1-6-no-price-talk.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
65E6V Screen Damage?

Hello,

This weird spot has appeared on my 65E6V. I am 100% it is not due to hitting the screen or anything like that. I was playing a game and it suddenly appeared this way.
I have no idea what caused it. I have sometimes turned off the power supply after I was done watching, thats the only thing I can think of that I really should not have done. But even for that, it seems pretty extreme.
Will this get worse?

The line on the first picture is gone. But the spot remains.

I hope someone here can help me out.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,870 Posts
Hello,

This weird spot has appeared on my 65E6V. I am 100% it is not due to hitting the screen or anything like that. I was playing a game and it suddenly appeared this way.
I have no idea what caused it. I have sometimes turned off the power supply after I was done watching, thats the only thing I can think of that I really should not have done. But even for that, it seems pretty extreme.
Will this get worse?

Turning off the power supply to tv wont damage the tv like that. It only prevents the tv from running the 8 minute comp cycle. However, the screen is permanently damaged. What caused it, I dont know. It may get worse with time. The only fix will be a new panel.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Hello,

Will this get worse?

There is a teeny tiny minuscule possibility that the router you have right at that corner is causing RF spew problems with the OLED driver electronics. Try moving it a few feet away, see if anything changes. Other than that, you'll have to live with it (it's pretty small from what I can see), or it's time for a new set.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've got the E6. Here recently, I hear a clicking noise from the tv (when off only, to best of my memory), which sounds like perhaps the power supply switching. Anyone else experience this?

23381 - 23400 of 23445 Posts