AVS Forum banner

6481 - 6500 of 23448 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just updated my vudu app and watched mad max fury road in Dolby vision...in my opinion looks cleaner/better than the hdr10 version I have on disc
I find that hard to believe just due to the fact it's streamed content you know? It has far less bit rate for sure. Can you post a shot from disk and shot from vudu?

·
Vendor
26,639 Posts
The tv is all set up correctly isf dark, OLED light 55, contrast 75, brightness 53 all the other grubbins are off on colour gamut normal. As I say good bitrate 1080p and 4K look exquisite but the not so good sources don't scale very well at all
I am surprised that any old content looks good on a 4K set. The manufacturers are not focused on scaling poor film, focused on probably 1080i and up now....

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Just updated my vudu app and watched mad max fury road in Dolby vision...in my opinion looks cleaner/better than the hdr10 version I have on disc

Im not surprised for a couple reasons.

1. The hdr10 version of mad max has some funky colors. I think they boinked it.

2. I believe vudu applies some sort of DNR. I tried a couple of regular 4k movies from the roku 4, the picture was clean but lacked sharpness of the blu ray. So it may "look cleaner".

It's too bad there isn't any great comparisons that can be made. Pacific rim/man of steel will be good comparisons. Also, warner doesn't have any native 4k stuff yet, all upscales. Batman vs superman will be their 1st 4k master on BD.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Does the internal media player not support uncompressed audio such as DTS-HD Master Audio? I've been ripping my blurays 1:1 to my NAS and when I play the files back I only get regular DTS over ARC to my receiver.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just happen to have the Star Wars set next to the TV. :) Yes, the flashes are pink in that scene.
Does it supposed to have pink flashes? I don't remember seeing them on my Pioneer Elite Kuro.

I've only seen Episode 4 over a hundred times & it really stood out to me. I remember saying that I had never seen pink flashes in that scene.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does the internal media player not support uncompressed audio such as DTS-HD Master Audio? I've been ripping my blurays 1:1 to my NAS and when I play the files back I only get regular DTS over ARC to my receiver.
drew the tv is not able to pass anything higher than dolby digital over arc. so watching vudu, netflix etc apps or anything being run to the tv then passed to your receiver is not going to pass uncompressed audio or the new atmos format.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/2378442-dolby-digital-plus-dd-atmos-over-hdmi-arc.html

there was a thread keeping track of which tv's and receivers could process dolby digital plus over arc and there are very few as of now

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
Watched a little Marco Polo on Netflix today. Looks great. Anyone else have to lower their brightness when watching DV? I have to do the same for HDR 10. Both are set to 48 on my tv, or it looks a bit washed out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
New to the forum and wanted to ask a simple question. Is there any difference in the picture quality between the G, E and B OLED models? We wanted to buy this set for my husband for Fathers Day and wasn't sure. Despite price we can go with the G, but if we can go with the B (aside from form factor and loss of 3D) we think he would be ok with that. He current has a 60" Sony SXRD that has given us 9+ years of beautiful picture quality and zero issues other than replacing the bulb once.

Thank you in advance. fr your help and insight

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I find that hard to believe just due to the fact it's streamed content you know? It has far less bit rate for sure. Can you post a shot from disk and shot from vudu?
Mind you dv content is also simpler only needing the same bandwidth of an hdmi 1.4 connection vs 2.0a...better image through better color mapping...

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Hi,
New to the forum and wanted to ask a simple question. Is there any difference in the picture quality between the G, E and B OLED models? We wanted to buy this set for my husband for Fathers Day and wasn't sure. Despite price we can go with the G, but if we can go with the B (aside from form factor and loss of 3D) we think he would be ok with that. He current has a 60" Sony SXRD that has given us 9+ years of beautiful picture quality and zero issues other than replacing the bulb once.

Thank you in advance. fr your help and insight
It has been said that all models e g b c have the exact same picture quality

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pulled the trigger

I just bought the E6 from Value Electronics and should have in several weeks after they do a quality control check (reject bad sets), burn in and calibration by Dave Mackenzie (who calibrates the sets for the shoot out). Yippee

I really wanted to buy an OLED last year but all the defects and returns by unhappy AVS members really turned me off. I have a good vision for the E6 because of the correction of 2015 defects, burn in, calibration and 60 day return policy.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just started to notice these with light just above the sound bar. I am providing a pic.

Anyone know what these lights are for? They go on and off sometimes there are a few lit and sometimes all of them the length of the TV.

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
Yeah you have to buy the UHD version disc to be able to play the UHD version on vudu
I'm getting ready to move to E from 9500 and have been keeping track over here. This post was interesting.

Does anyone know for sure if you own the UHD Bluray VUDU allowes you to watch it in UHD? I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with VUDU support and the guy swore over and over again that the codes only redeem 1080 and not UHD. Says its not possible to watch UHD on VUDU unless you buy or rent it from them. Said no code will work....period.

My Sony 4K will let you stream your UHD disc titles in UHD and i explained that to him and he said other than a manufacture site, no service including VUDU will do it.

Any info verified personally would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm getting ready to move to E from 9500 and have been keeping track over here. This post was interesting.

Does anyone know for sure if you own the UHD Bluray VUDU allowes you to watch it in UHD? I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with VUDU support and the guy swore over and over again that the codes only redeem 1080 and not UHD. Says its not possible to watch UHD on VUDU unless you buy or rent it from them. Said no code will work....period.

My Sony 4K will let you stream your UHD disc titles in UHD and i explained that to him and he said other than a manufacture site, no service including VUDU will do it.

Any info verified personally would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah, if you buy the UHD blu ray with a digital code for Vudu then you can watch it on there. I briefly had a Vizio P65 and bought The Lego Movie UHD blu ray and watched it on Vudu in UHD with HDR.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
My 65E6 was delivered before 8am this morning and my window was 8-12PM. Right off the bat I noticed the colors are more vibrant than the EF9500. TV software was updated to latest and it's a 605 build.

Some quick pictures with my old Samsung G5.
Looking good!

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Finally getting the 65E6p delivered tommorrow!

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
Yeah, if you buy the UHD blu ray with a digital code for Vudu then you can watch it on there. I briefly had a Vizio P65 and bought The Lego Movie UHD blu ray and watched it on Vudu in UHD with HDR.
Which is what i thought and exactly opposite of what the VUDU guy said.

I called them to figure out how to get a movie i already bought in 1080 and then bought in 4K redeemed as 4K. I keep getting punted and it says: you already own this movie and then won't redeem the code.

Once my E Series shows up i will try and call back out there.

Thanks and if anyone has redeemed multiple copies let me know the trick.

Thanks

6481 - 6500 of 23448 Posts