AVS Forum banner

14641 - 14660 of 23591 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Mad max and batman v super man have dv, dead pool does not. So if you all ready have the 4K versions on there they will play the DV versions automatically
How's the quality on Vudu for Dolby Vision? Comparable to Netflix? Maybe better?

Granted the rentals are 9.99 and could be rented cheaper in physical form from http://www.store-3d-blurayrental.com/ but disc based would be HDR10 and not DV. Do like me some Dolby Vision. Or as I occasionally call it, Dobey Vision. I call my cat Dobey (PH: "Dough-bee") sometimes. lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sorry if this questions has been asked before. I've had my G6 since May but haven't checked the forums in awhile.

Is there still no player available that will play VUDU 4k movies in HDR or Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos sound when connected to the G6.

I currently have the Samsung 4k player but it doesn't play VUDU 4K movie rentals.

I keep waiting for something that plays VUDU 4k Movies in HDR or Dolby Vision PQ and plays Dolby Atmos sound.

I really hate that we can't have a connection from the TV that would play Dolby Atmos sound when playing a VUDU 4k movie.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So I definitely have some vertical banding on my new 65E6P.

It has 15 hours on it so far.

For others who have had banding: how many hours should I give the panel (and cycles) before opening a support ticket with LG?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
So I definitely have some vertical banding on my new 65E6P.

It has 15 hours on it so far.

For others who have had banding: how many hours should I give the panel (and cycles) before opening a support ticket with LG?

Thanks.
Do you see it on the 5% slide? If not, you may not find anything better. Just about all of these tv's have some minor banding at 2 through 4%, with it most noticeable around 3%.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Mad max and batman v super man have dv, dead pool does not. So if you all ready have the 4K versions on there they will play the DV versions automatically

ok cool. when i get some time today i'm going to check and see. i appreciate the heads up so i know what i'm looking and not looking for.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Ok. My e6 came calibrated from where I bought it. I know it was also calibrated for hdr, but I'm not sure about Dolby vision. Right now it switches to Dolby vision and the mode it goes into is vivid user. There are settings there but I'm not sure of they r factory? Noise reduction is set to medium. Trumotion is set to smooth.

I'm just not liking this. A lot of noise a lot. It's got that soap opera thing going n too.

What kinda stuff should I change? The trumotion settings if I use user what should I use to get control of motion but no soap opera. I mean it is really grainy.

Thanks guys,

Jim

Oled light 50
Contrast 100
Bright 50
Sharp 30
Color70
Color temp c50
Noise medium
Trumotion smooth

All else greed out as u all know

Thanks a lot,
Jim

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
How's the quality on Vudu for Dolby Vision? Comparable to Netflix? Maybe better?

Granted the rentals are 9.99 and could be rented cheaper in physical form from http://www.store-3d-blurayrental.com/ but disc based would be HDR10 and not DV. Do like me some Dolby Vision. Or as I occasionally call it, Dobey Vision. I call my cat Dobey (PH: "Dough-bee") sometimes. lol
I think it's comparable, I haven't watched too much in the way of DV through Netflix. Depending on vudu' speak times I have had issues on occasion with audio sync issues, as well as the screen randomly distorting out of proper aspect ratio...had that happen with batman v superman and it would clip the top and bottom of the screen like a super widescreen version where you may end up only seeing characters from the nose down and knees up. Every title I have on vudu I also have on uhd, but not every uhd title has a dv counterpart. Top ones being mad max, watchmen, pacific rim

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Ok. My e6 came calibrated from where I bought it. I know it was also calibrated for hdr, but I'm not sure about Dolby vision. Right now it switches to Dolby vision and the mode it goes into is vivid user. There are settings there but I'm not sure of they r factory? Noise reduction is set to medium. Trumotion is set to smooth.

I'm just not liking this. A lot of noise a lot. It's got that soap opera thing going n too.

What kinda stuff should I change? The trumotion settings if I use user what should I use to get control of motion but no soap opera. I mean it is really grainy.

Thanks guys,

Jim

Oled light 50
Contrast 100
Bright 50
Sharp 30
Color70
Color temp c50
Noise medium
Trumotion smooth

Thanks a lot,
Jim
Ask them for your calibration settings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No Online Update?

I searched the thread but didn't see this question. On the LG Website, it looks like the latest version of the firmware for the OLED65E6P is 04.30.19. On the "About This TV" section, my TV says it is at 04.30.15. I have the automatic updates turned on, but even when I click the 'Check for Updates' button, it says it doesn't find anything. Does this automatic update feature not work? Do I need to do something to force it to update? Do I have to download the update myself and apply it via USB?

Note: The TV is definitely connected to the Internet. I use the Amazon/Netflix/VUDU streaming apps on it all the time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I searched the thread but didn't see this question. On the LG Website, it looks like the latest version of the firmware for the OLED65E6P is 04.30.19. On the "About This TV" section, my TV says it is at 04.30.15. I have the automatic updates turned on, but even when I click the 'Check for Updates' button, it says it doesn't find anything. Does this automatic update feature not work? Do I need to do something to force it to update? Do I have to download the update myself and apply it via USB?

Note: The TV is definitely connected to the Internet. I use the Amazon/Netflix/VUDU streaming apps on it all the time.

Thanks!
LG pushes the updates via the tv on a control basis to ensure that there are no issues. You can always download via usb stick by downloading from web site if you don't want to wait, but the update will come out via the tv eventually.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I emailed them. I don't know if they calibrated for dv. I was just asking if those settings I posted were default from factory? Cause if not then they put them in. I just don't know yet. I know.

Why does dv look so grainy? I have the HDR version on now over my Samsung. Physical disk. Not as grainy. Still a little bit not like dv vudu version.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts

Thanks guys,

Jim

Oled light 50
Contrast 100
Bright 50
Sharp 30
Color70
Color temp c50
Noise medium
Trumotion smooth

Thanks a lot,
Jim
If they calibrated to the settings above, then they did a horrible job. Contrast should be no higher than 80 to 82. Set OLED light to what you prefer. It appears you are using Standard picture mode since it shows a color temperature of C50. Sharpness should not be at 30. 10 at the most. TruMotion off for regular tv, and 0,10 for blu ray. I have no idea how they could calibrate Standard mode since there are no 2 or 20 point settings to calibrate. If you paid for a calibration, demand your money back for that. You need to use either Expert bright room or Expert Dark room. Maybe they calibrated those instead.

If that is the DV settings you showed, then those are default, so they did not calibrate that.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I emailed them. I don't know if they calibrated for dv. I was just asking if those settings I posted were default from factory? Cause if not then they put them in. I just don't know yet. I know.

Why does dv look so grainy? I have the HDR version on now over my Samsung. Physical disk. Not as grainy. Still a little bit not like dv vudu version.
I posted just after you posted this message so disregard my post above. Those are the default settings, so they did not calibrate DV HDR. Switch to either Standard or bright room when in DV and see how you like it.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Those were the Dolby vision ones. Cause that's why I was asking about. They calibrated it on the expert mode. Day and night for each input and now they do hrd. They never said anything about dv so that's why I emailed them and asked here cause I didn't know.

So if Those r the default dv settings can u steer me to a post with some starting place for dv cause right now I'm not impressed. Lol. At all.

Dvr and bluray are awesome. Just plain awesome but streaming for dv. I think I need some help.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

I posted just after you posted this message so disregard my post above. Those are the default settings, so they did not calibrate DV HDR. Switch to either Standard or bright room when in DV and see how you like it.
Sorry man I didn't read below ur post. Lol. I tried them both. But the grain/noise is just crazy. Is that cause I'm streaming. Like I said above on 4K hrd yes some grain but no where near as bad.

I batsman super man just that grainy and being made worse cause it's streamed? This is my first time streaming anything. I know that sounds weird.

I have digital copies of xmen apocalypse but I don't think that's in dv. I have mad max too. Why should my go to dv stream be to test the settings out?

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Sorry man I didn't read below ur post. Lol. I tried them both. But the grain/noise is just crazy. Is that cause I'm streaming. Like I said above on 4K hrd yes some grain but no where near as bad.

I batsman super man just that grainy and being made worse cause it's streamed? This is my first time streaming anything. I know that sounds weird.

I have digital copies of xmen apocalypse but I don't think that's in dv. I have mad max too. Why should my go to dv stream be to test the settings out?
Try turning off all edge enhancements off. Batman vs Superman is a grainier film based on reviews. The noise is probably compression artifacts due to streaming. In general blu ray and UHD blu ray discs will look better than streaming. Most of the time, it's not even close.

14641 - 14660 of 23591 Posts