AVS Forum banner

15541 - 15560 of 23470 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK let's see how many 3D fans are really out there - as you've seen 3D has gone from the OLEDs in 2017 because it has been dropped at the panel level and existing C6, E6 and G6 owners will know 3D on these is spectacular.

Please just sign this if you'd like to see 3D pop up in the future on a 2018 OLED even if it is a lower end model with lower nits than the panels without 3D.

LG Electronics: LG Electronics - Please revive 3D on a 2018 OLED TV

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
So i have gone with these settings for ISF dark room with a slight tweak on the brightness up to 55. The reason why i used these settings as opposed to your actual ISF Dark settings is because we usually watch movies at night with the kitchen light on which reflects of a large mirror and applies a sort of ambience lighting to the room.

I feel these settings are pretty close, but on the Black Clipping Reference test video I still cannot get columns 17 & 18 to flash, it is only 19-25, so it is making me feel like the overall picture is still a little darker than i would like.

Bar bringing up the brightness further (and thus turning blacks into greys) is there anything i can tweak to get that last little bit right?

The attached image is an example of the test pattern but is NOT how my set is displaying it, i have rows 19-25 flashing.

Many thanks.
You are probably right on the black clipping. I actually am going to try my brightness at 52 versus 51. I've been watching with brightness at 51 for a while but last night I tried 52 and watch return of the Jedi. Hmmmm. Looked great and there are a few scenes where I felt I was getting slightly more detail in Vaders suit, Luke's outfit, space scenes, etc. but the absolute blacks were still where I want them. So do try the luminance adjustments. I think we all might be too concerned with losing those deep blacks and don't run our brightness as high as we could. The luminance adjustments are nice though because they are very fine and allow more precise tweaking. If you feel the overall image is dim then that's more OLED light than brightness. Can always bump that up 5-10 clicks.

The other option is to simply try gamma 2.2 which will lighten up the darker areas. Perhaps gamma 2.2 but with a slightly lower brightness setting? Can't hurt to try. You'll know when you nail it.

Every set is different too so that also matters.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Does anyone know if LG requires that you buy from an authorized LG dealer for the manufacturer's warranty to be valid? Thanks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I no longer see Amazon HDR. for example the GT show does not play in HDR. Did something change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Demo material

Hi,
I have an 65E6 and I am looking for some of the oled demo material exhibited in stores (running on a memory stick).
In particular I am looking for these hirez slow motion clips demoing the ultimate black level, e.g. colorful paint splash on black surfaces, flower time-elapse, etc.
I have searched for some on Youtube and other sites. Close, but no sigar really.....

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I was afraid that was the case. Thanks for the info.
Actually, the reason you can't see anything from the Matantz on screen is because when you're using the LG's internal apps (or watching images from a USB stick, say), video does not go through the Marantz at all. It is strictly being used for audio if you have ARC enabled and working, or an optical sound feed to the Marantz.

I used to use a optical cable but never got good sound. By using arc sound is better and coming in surround from my speakers which it was not before.
That was likely because you were hearing the internal E6 speakers, not having selected the optical cable source on your Marantz.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hi,
I have an 65E6 and I am looking for some of the oled demo material exhibited in stores (running on a memory stick).
In particular I am looking for these hirez slow motion clips demoing the ultimate black level, e.g. colorful paint splash on black surfaces, flower time-elapse, etc.
I have searched for some on Youtube and other sites. Close, but no sigar really.....
I posted a link a couple of pages back for a large ZIP file with demo material, some of it quite spectacular and able to light up the "HDR" or "DV" indicators on the LG screen.

Here's what's in the ZIP file, for those who are curious:

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just saw a W7 demo at BestBuy/Magnolia. ATMOS was pretty cool.

Attachments

Reactions: vaktmestern

·
Registered
617 Posts
I posted a link a couple of pages back for a large ZIP file with demo material, some of it quite spectacular and able to light up the "HDR" or "DV" indicators on the LG screen.

Here's what's in the ZIP file, for those who are curious:

Could you please post the link again?

Gerry

·
Registered
6,626 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Raiders Texans game looks pretty damn good on the e6. They must've brought the good cams out today ha
How goes the Det/Sea game look in comparison?

·
Vendor
26,687 Posts
Looks like LG is going to lower prices even more. The 65W7 (wallpaper model) is already up for preorder on BB for the same price as the G6. So I would imagine the G7 will be lower in price than the G6.
G6 has a bunch of margin at full retail, so I assume they will cut MSRP and leave dealer cost the same, problem solved....

·
Registered
31 Posts
3d crosstalk/ghosting

Hi, I'm having some crosstalk issues on my 65e6p. It's mounted above my fireplace, so when sitting, eye level is bottom 1/3 of the screen. Getting a lot of crosstalk towards the top of the screen (watching avatar). When I stand, where my eye level is top 1/3 of the screen, crosstalk completely goes away. Does anyone know if tilting the screen down will reduce/eliminate crosstalk or is the only solution to lower the tv (Don't think I can stand for 3 hrs lol)? I'm missing the tools to loosen the bolts to tilt the screen, so I currently can't test this. The 3d is amazing on this set, so I'd hate to miss out--Avatar never looked better!

I previously had a 58vt25 (e6 is mounted on same mount, so viewing distance is exactly the same) and never had crosstalk issues using the active glasses, so I'm wondering if this is a passive technology issue.

pls help! other than this crosstalk issue, everything's amazing!
thanks in advance.

15541 - 15560 of 23470 Posts