AVS Forum banner

15601 - 15620 of 23448 Posts

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
He could ask but it wouldn't do much good. LG will only give you a new TV if the required replacement parts are out of stock.

How many hours of runtime does your TV have, jhearn?

·
Registered
84 Posts

I may return my 65 E6 i have till Jan. 31 when my 30 days runs out from BB. Might just wait and get the E7. Just sucks cuz i bought extra 3d glasses and a nice case for them. as for the movies I just downloaded them all Half-SBS or Half-OU so no loss there for me. lol. I have alittle banding and afew dead pixels in the colors but you'll never notice that when watching normally. The reason I'm thinking to return this is the sound keeps going out of sync then pops back to being in sync again. I tested my pioneer TV with the same channels and it never has that happen. Also at random it gets a popping sound. any1 else noticed this?

My panel is a 601 made in Oct

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Wow! That's a horrible 100% slide. I sure hope this isn't the future for all of us.
Yeah, really. I'd like to think not but longevity is an area where there really isn't any data. I suspect we'll be OK though.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
I purchased my LG OLED65E6 last April. At that time the panel displayed no signs of banding or non uniformity. A few weeks ago my eye was drawn to the fact that during typical programming, I could see dark vertical lines, maybe a hundred, running vertically from the top of the screen to the bottom, a across the entire screen right to left.

I ran the screen noise cancelling routine a couple of times, disconnected the power for several minutes, reset to defaults, but with no improvement.

I'm not a slides person, but I did download some cal screens and took a picture of the 100% white slide for the service repair people to evaluate. A repair is in process, parts have been ordered, not sure what parts but I would assume a replacement panel. I'm attaching the photo, I did adjust ISO and contrast to get the banding to stand out. The color impurities in the photo are not part of the problem, but a result of the phone camera.

I did a search of the forums for "banding" and located a few posts where serial numbers beginning with 603 have banding issues. The worrying part of this is that this panel looked perfect when I first got it, but just eight months it degraded to this.

In addition if you look at the left corner, you can see some really bad degeneration of the screen, large blotches of non uniformity.

LG VIP service is on top of getting this repaired, but I am a little concerned how long the new panel will last..
The good news is that not many people here have reported issues like this so my guess is that your new panel or whatever fix they make will be fine for the long run.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
LG is sending a tech out this Friday between 8am and 12pm to look at my tv for the 3D issue. For those that have had a tech come out to their place and look at their tv was there anything special you had to do to prove your case or are the techs pretty reasonable? I guess I am asking are they coming to tell me that this is in my head nothing is wrong and suck it up and nothing is going to happen. I have never dealt with LG before. When I spoke to the VIP rep on the phone the person coming out actually works for LG it is not a contracted person who LG is paying to come out.

·
Registered
238 Posts

I may return my 65 E6 i have till Jan. 31 when my 30 days runs out from BB. Might just wait and get the E7. Just sucks cuz i bought extra 3d glasses and a nice case for them. as for the movies I just downloaded them all Half-SBS or Half-OU so no loss there for me. lol. I have alittle banding and afew dead pixels in the colors but you'll never notice that when watching normally. The reason I'm thinking to return this is the sound keeps going out of sync then pops back to being in sync again. I tested my pioneer TV with the same channels and it never has that happen. Also at random it gets a popping sound. any1 else noticed this?

My panel is a 601 made in Oct

I have noticed some sync issues with my E6. Using the TV sync settings under audio has helped (Av sync on, -3) and now I hardly notice issues at this point. What's your source? Mine is an Xfinity companion box over hdmi. Also, I sometimes get a popping noise from my Roku when starting a dolby digital audio stream (depends on movie). I would keep trying to solve your issue as your screen seems decent (better than mine) and as you indicated, you would lose 3D with the E7 ... Also try these:

1) Maybe try changing your source device to output stereo / PCM.
2) Make sure you have latest firmware on the TV
3) Try shorter / newer HDMI cable (I use Amazon Basic)
4) Update firmware on your source device (if you can) or go get the latest device from your provider

- Fritz

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a few questions to ask if everyone doesn't mind.
I bought a XBR65x850C -- 2015 and the picture is nice, but with android os ( I love android but not on a TV), light bleeding and fake HDR10 I've started wanting to upgrade.
We will be doing a lot of gaming and movie/cable watching is this TV ( 65E6 ). Is it prone to burn-in (Best buy says no but I should get the warranty because it protects burn-in)? I have a chance to get a 65EP for 3100 new, but with the new 2017's coming out would it be worth the wait for them or is there not that much of a upgrade from 2016 -> 2017 that it would be worth it?
I have a feeling the burn-in question has been asked a few times, but my wife and daughter does 5-6 gaming (MineCraft) sessions while I'm at work, so the HUD on the game makes me worried about the burn-in.
Thank you very much for any opinions/ experiences with this.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a few questions to ask if everyone doesn't mind.
I bought a XBR65x850C -- 2015 and the picture is nice, but with android os ( I love android but not on a TV), light bleeding and fake HDR10 I've started wanting to upgrade.
We will be doing a lot of gaming and movie/cable watching is this TV ( 65E6 ). Is it prone to burn-in (Best buy says no but I should get the warranty because it protects burn-in)? I have a chance to get a 65EP for 3100 new, but with the new 2017's coming out would it be worth the wait for them or is there not that much of a upgrade from 2016 -> 2017 that it would be worth it?
I have a feeling the burn-in question has been asked a few times, but my wife and daughter does 5-6 gaming (MineCraft) sessions while I'm at work, so the HUD on the game makes me worried about the burn-in.
I have not experienced any burn-in and I do a lot of gaming.

Up to you whether you wait.

None of the 2017s will have 3D so if you enjoy 3D content you'll be SOL on that front with a 2017 model.

Also the 2017 models are likely to cost more than 2016.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Does anyone know the current version of the firmware for the E6? LG's web site say 4.30.95 but when I try to load it, it say's there is a problem.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Does anyone know the current version of the firmware for the E6? LG's web site say 4.30.95 but when I try to load it, it say's there is a problem.
4.30.95 is the latest I downloaded it last night. Most likely it has not reached your tv yet. If you have a USB fab download the update that and manually upload to your TV.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
4.30.95 is the latest I downloaded it last night. Most likely it has not reached your tv yet. If you have a USB fab download the update that and manually upload to your TV.
I tried again and I keep getting an error message after the load starts that there is a problem. The software was released on 1/2/16 so it should have automatically loaded by now. Is you set an E6? Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
9,870 Posts
I tried again and I keep getting an error message after the load starts that there is a problem. The software was released on 1/2/16 so it should have automatically loaded by now. Is you set an E6? Anyone else having this problem?
Unplug tv, hold power button on back of tv for 15 seconds. Then plug back in and power on. That acts as a cold reboot. Next, on a empty usb stick follow instructions from LG site and download FW and install in a directory on USB named LG_DTV. With tv on, insert usb stick. Tv should recognize new update. As far as automatic updates, if LG does not view it as critical, it wont be forced out to every tv. You have to do it manually.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Question,
Is anyone NOT having handshake issues with the g6 when using external 4k sources? xbox one s, ps 4 pro, PC, 4k blueray, etc..

There have been a few of us here with this problem. We all seem to have denon AVRs too :)

I thought my problem was because i was using both outputs from the denon, but that isn't the case. Even only using one HDMI from the denon to the TV I had handshake issues. Some times after a bit (and looking at the screen saver pix of the TV saying no input) it will work. Sometimes it will never work and i have to change to non-4k input (Like my TiVo bolt.. which is 4k, but not the content shown.. wait for that to work.. then change inputs to what i wanted to use.)
Yes, i'm using certified 4k cables (blue jeans) - that was the first thing i changed.
Hell, even when streaming music to my AVR the TV breaks it and the audio will stop when the TV is turned on.
my setup works w/o with the g6 turned off. It works when connected to last years LG OLED (65ef9500). But once the TV goes on .. the audio stops and the TV sees no input. On the AVR itself is see the speaker icons turning on and off as it is trying to sync up.

So where is the problem? the g6? denon + g6?

Some gaming sites (cnet and giantbomb) had many problems with the ps4 pro connected directly to the g6 too.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I don't have any burn in issues (and it, in fact, a non-issue. burn in doesn't happen. IR might.) and i mainly use the TV for gaming. Hell, i'll sometimes leave windows UI or a web browser open for an hour or two. zero issues. yes, there might be some IR for a min (super minor) but it is soon gone.

·
Registered
238 Posts
HDMI 4K 3D On/Off means what?

I see discussions here about the firmware version for the E6. What does the latest do? I am at 4.30.19 and am wondering if I need to upgrade. I do watch 3D movies on blu-ray every now and then but have noticed no issues.

[04.30.19] 
1. To apply HDR Game Mode.

[04.30.95]
1. To improve color error issue at the bottom of the screen during HDMI 4K 3D On/Off.

Not sure what exactly .95 is referring to. I did not know there is 4K 3D capability ...

·
Registered
9,870 Posts
I see discussions here about the firmware version for the E6. What does the latest do? I am at 4.30.19 and am wondering if I need to upgrade. I do watch 3D movies on blu-ray every now and then but have noticed no issues.

[04.30.19] 
1. To apply HDR Game Mode.

[04.30.95]
1. To improve color error issue at the bottom of the screen during HDMI 4K 3D On/Off.

Not sure what exactly .95 is referring to. I did not know there is 4K 3D capability ...
I would guess it relates to converting a 2D 4K movie to 3D using the 3D button on the remote.

15601 - 15620 of 23448 Posts