AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
I went to Best Buy on Tuesday. I asked to get the 5% off per the deal Vizio's website was offering. The manager was fine with it but then I proceeded to ask about their 5 year protection plan. It was based off of a tiered pricing system and it was like 549.00.

I mentioned that amazon's 5 year plan was 249.00 and that I'd either pay that price or I would not be purchasing the plan at all.

Long story short, the manager ended up knocking the TV price down to 1699.00, which brought the protection down to 349.00.

Out the door with the 5 year plan, I paid 2200 after tax. I'd consider that a win.
Good deal! Maybe you could make it even better...return the protection plan and buy the SquareTrade 4 year plan through Costco's website (mo membership required I hear) for around $100! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Where did you hear that Costco would be carrying them in August? I'm targeting the 75" set.
I tried finding the source post with the twitter link, but this is the paraphrase by the same poster.

Keep in mind that we are only assuming Costco in US will do the same thing (they generally do).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good deal! Maybe you could make it even better...return the protection plan and buy the SquareTrade 4 year plan through Costco's website (mo membership required I hear) for around $100! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I bought this plan for my 75-inch, $89.99 for TV's over $1000 (and in the fine print I got on SquareTrade's site, it says that the max coverage is $5,999.99, so it'll easily cover the Vizio P-Series 75-inch).

It was really easy, bought it, then registered the warranty at http://www.squaretrade.com/registration?m=costco. It asks for your last name and membership number, then adds the plan to your SquareTrade account. Once that's done, you can email or send them a scan of your receipt.

You'll get 4 years coverage (1 yr under Vizio and then 3 more from SquareTrade). If you buy at Costco (currently not possible with this TV), the total would be 5 years since Costco already doubles the manufacturer's warranty to 2 years.

·
Registered
38 Posts

OMG, thank you so much! I called Best Buy and cancelled my plan and bought the 4 year plan through Costco for 89.99. I just saved myself an additional 300.00!!!!!

Grand total for my p65 1900.00 out the door.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
so if I understand the BB situation, I could walk into best buy and have them price match the vizio's 5% discount, and get a new BB CC for 10% back?

$2000*5= $100 off
$1900*8.75% (tax rate) = $166 tax
$2000*10%=$200 gift certificate/credit

BB Net: $1866
vs
Vizio direct: $1900

so save $34 and be able to return or pay $34 and not have to apply for another CC.

I think I'll just wait till (hopefully) we see these at Sams or Costco in a month or two.

btw, how can BB say they are $2299 and selling for $1999 after $300 discount when Vizio direct sells for $1999?
In my case, they matched the 5% Vizio discount and then gave me an additional 10% off with my new BB card. So a total of 15% discount brought the price down to $850. Then they added the sales tax bringing my total to $907.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
In my case, they matched the 5% Vizio discount and then gave me an additional 10% off with my new BB card. So a total of 15% discount brought the price down to $850. Then they added the sales tax bringing my total to $907.

I am looking to do the exact same thing. So you actually got 10% off, or is it store credit? I assumed it is a store credit.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I am looking to do the exact same thing. So you actually got 10% off, or is it store credit? I assumed it is a store credit.
No store credit. The P -50 was $1000 and the took $150 off (15%). Then they added tax for a grand total of $907 out the door. I opted for the 24 month financing. I rarely shop at Best Buy so 10% store credit isn't really appealing to me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No store credit. The P -50 was $1000 and the took $150 off (15%). Then they added tax for a grand total of $907 out the door. I opted for the 24 month financing. I rarely shop at Best Buy so 10% store credit isn't really appealing to me.

Gotcha. Everything I have read stated that opening a new BB card will give you 10% rewards (store credit I assume). Well, I will look to get the deal you got.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am not seeing the 5% off the tv on Vizio's website anymore. Not even when I go through check out process. Is this over?

·
Registered
531 Posts

Man, I am going to need to call Best Buy again. I purchased my P65-C1 from their website, since there were none in stock at an of my nearest stores. I called them earlier today and the woman was very adamant about not accepting the coupon for a pricematch, even with saying I'd be happy to return the HDTV to Best Buy and get it straight from Vizio. Haha, she was like a brick wall!

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Man, I am going to need to call Best Buy again. I purchased my P65-C1 from their website, since there were none in stock at an of my nearest stores. I called them earlier today and the woman was very adamant about not accepting the coupon for a pricematch, even with saying I'd be happy to return the HDTV to Best Buy and get it straight from Vizio. Haha, she was like a brick wall!
You have to work the deal in person in the store.

I've bought online before learning of a deal and then called to get it. Had to return the product and repurchase.

The discount is only given as an incentive to purchase. If you already bought online they know you are going to purchase (since you already did). No incentive needed.

·
Registered
488 Posts

OMG, thank you so much! I called Best Buy and cancelled my plan and bought the 4 year plan through Costco for 89.99. I just saved myself an additional 300.00!!!!!

Grand total for my p65 1900.00 out the door.
Awesome! Glad it worked out for you! I hate wasting money! LOL

·
Registered
80 Posts
So it sounds like most who are doing the BB credit card thing are getting the discount up front? I saw the P75 in the store with the actual vizio demo on and I was blown away. I'm committed to getting this set, even over the new M series. It's on my registry, so I'm hoping contributions + the credit card tactic can shave some of the costs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Haven't been on AVS in some time, but logged on yesterday to get a feel for the deals some of you have gotten on the P65-C1. Armed with what Learned here I went by BB to see what they would do for me. Took a copy of the Vizio shopping cart printout showing the 5% off, no tax, and free shipping with me.
Talked to the salesman for a while about the TV, and availability, and then showed him the deal that Vizio was offering. He asked me if I was ready to buy TODAY.
I replied YES, for the right deal. The manager came over, said if I'd sign up for the BB store CC card, he'd knock off 10% off the 1999.99 list, and give me $180.00 in reward certificates. They'd order it, and I could pick it up this Saturday.
I paid sales tax on $1800.00. Total was $1948.00
Minus the $180.00 in certificates that's $1768.00 out the door.
Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What does the Vizio demo look like, does it show off Dolby HDR? Thanks.
It was the demo that was seen on the vizio tvs in several of the first look articles when the tv was first announced. In it, there was a spinning color wheel that was hollow in the center. That was the scene I was referring to. The quality of that part of the demo was good, but it seemed like some clips of movies that were also in the demo weren't anything special. However I didn't confirm if it was HDR. Even though I'm sure I could tell side by side, I haven't seen enough content yet to be able to tell at a glance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven't been on AVS in some time, but logged on yesterday to get a feel for the deals some of you have gotten on the P65-C1. Armed with what Learned here I went by BB to see what they would do for me. Took a copy of the Vizio shopping cart printout showing the 5% off, no tax, and free shipping with me.
Talked to the salesman for a while about the TV, and availability, and then showed him the deal that Vizio was offering. He asked me if I was ready to buy TODAY.
I replied YES, for the right deal. The manager came over, said if I'd sign up for the BB store CC card, he'd knock off 10% off the 1999.99 list, and give me $180.00 in reward certificates. They'd order it, and I could pick it up this Saturday.
Couldn't be happier.
Wow, IMO this is an incredible deal. If I end up going through Best Buy, I will be trying for this deal. I really wish these would get in Costco, but IDK if I can wait that long.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Couldn't be happier.
Wow. I will be trying to do the same this weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Couldn't be happier.
Any chance you could post a copy of your receipt? I'm thinking that would really help some of us get the same deal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Has anyone had success getting them to match the 5% discount when ordering over the phone? There aren't any in Memphis right now, but I can snag one when I go out of town next weekend and bring it back with me. So I can't really barter in person.

81 - 100 of 448 Posts