AVS Forum banner
5M views 40K replies 3K participants last post by  ToonMasterTim 
#1 ·
So I just placed my order for an OLED65B7V through an LG program I have through work so I thought I'd start THE thread.

Having read the Forbes review of the W7 and seen the difference in price on the Sony A1 I can't imagine the Sony will be good enough to make it worth paying the extra, so it's an easy decision. As far as I know the only difference between the B7 and the C7 (on a wall hang) is that the C7 has a two-tone bezel, which doesn't sound too appealing.

#2 ·
My C7 is stuck on a truck in New York because of the blizzard. It's showing a delivery of Friday. I love Sony but I feel the same way about the extra cost. Plus I started this TV update journey with a $2500 limit for a 55" and then got the itch to jump up to the 65" since I've been stuck in the 50" and under world for a very long time. Now I'm in the $4500 plus range and any more than that buyers remorse will set in quickly. :)

#3 ·
Hate the wait! When I ordered my car I spent the wait watching every YouTube video I could find. I've been doing the same with the jump OLED. I'm such a nerd.

#5 ·
I'd like to hear an update too. I also hope he still makes his way to the Boston area so I can eventually have the C7 calibrated.

#9 · (Edited)
I'll certainly post here Saturday. It'll take me most of Friday (depending on delivery time) to get it on its new wall mount. I'm expecting nauseating motion blur and artifacts along with screen uniformity that will having me jumping out of my third floor window.

All kidding aside, it's dead pixels and really bad screen uniformity that has me more worried than motion issues.

#10 ·
So I just placed my order for an OLED65B7V through an LG program I have through work so I thought I'd start THE thread.

Having read the Forbes review of the W7 and seen the difference in price on the Sony A1 I can't imagine the Sony will be good enough to make it worth paying the extra, so it's an easy decision. As far as I know the only difference between the B7 and the C7 (on a wall hang) is that the C7 has a two-tone bezel, which doesn't sound too appealing.
Why are you breaking the B7 and C7 series into their own owner's thread? Given the picture quality and processing is the same across the board for 2017 I don't see the logic. The only difference is cosmetics and audio. Why not have all the 2017 LG OLED models roll into one owners thread? I could see maybe breaking the W7 off separate given the unique nature of that set.

#11 ·
Why are you breaking the B7 and C7 series into their own owner's thread? Given the picture quality and processing is the same across the board for 2017 I don't see the logic. The only difference is cosmetics and audio. Why not have all the 2017 LG OLED models roll into one owners thread? I could see maybe breaking the W7 off separate given the unique nature of that set.
I was just copying last year's thread tbh. I suppose the E and G have sound and VESA differences

#12 ·
I heard that the out of the box settings are pretty good this time around.
But I think those comments were based upon the units from the San Francisco event where it's possible LG calibrated them before hand. But hopefully those comments ring true with actual retail units.

Good luck to you and the other early adapters!

#14 ·
Great to Here they are in stock in London, they have just hit the bricks in the US too ;)

#16 ·
If you want to change the thread title, report your first post and let the moderators know what you would like changed.
But if he changes the thread title to include all the models then he may get complaints from those who prefer one for each model. But not from me!
The moderator will change it to exactly what is requested. You can always remove the whiners from view....

#17 ·
I've finally unpacked my C7 65inch.

Here's the down and dirty.

Pros:
-Improvement in shadow detail as everyone as mentioned. There's a particular scene in the Batman: Dark knight that I use to determine loss of shadow detail which wasn't lost in the C7.
-HDR is also baked into youtube, as the HDR symbol pops up when playing a HDR clip.

Cons:
-The screen seems to be tilting backwards? I've tried all I can, adjusting as much as I can, but it seems to tilt back no matter what. I think I've got a dodgy stand.
-Still a bit of vignetting and slight dark streaks, but nothing as noticeable as my B6.

I'll pop in some pics at 5% for comparison between my B6 and C7

Enjoy!

Attachments

#18 ·
I've finally unpacked my C7 65inch.

Here's the down and dirty.

Pros:
-Improvement in shadow detail as everyone as mentioned. There's a particular scene in the Batman: Dark knight that I use to determine loss of shadow detail which wasn't lost in the C7.
-HDR is also baked into youtube, as the HDR symbol pops up when playing a HDR clip.

Cons:
-The screen seems to be tilting backwards? I've tried all I can, adjusting as much as I can, but it seems to tilt back no matter what. I think I've got a dodgy stand.
-Still a bit of vignetting and slight dark streaks, but nothing as noticeable as my B6.

I'll pop in some pics at 5% for comparison between my B6 and C7

Enjoy!
Thank you for this feedback !
Couple of questions :

- Have you tried HDR on UHD Blu-Ray ? How is the peak brightness ? Is it good ?
- Do you see this vignetting and streaks on real content ?

Regarding the tilting, maybe it's normal ?