AVS Forum banner

36161 - 36180 of 37712 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Also does oled light have effect on the burn-in process? Had this panel on 75 for 2 years. Going to lower it to 55 on the new panel. Will this have a positive effect?
Your Oled light is way too high! You should put it around 50. In Technicolor Expert i have my Oled light at 49. You should use Sonoftumble settings.

Reactions: ynnek63

·
Registered
80 Posts
Also does oled light have effect on the burn-in process? Had this panel on 75 for 2 years. Going to lower it to 55 on the new panel. Will this have a positive effect?
I have had 100 OLED light for SDR & HDR on my C6, B7, C7, and E8. No burn in ever. Maybe just dumb luck? I play mostly movies and PS4 Pro. For hours at a time. I do make sure however, I flip Screen Off energy saving, in picture settings before an extended absence from the room.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,363 Posts
I have had 100 OLED light for SDR & HDR on my C6, B7, C7, and E8. No burn in ever. Maybe just dumb luck? I play mostly movies and PS4 Pro. For hours at a time. I do make sure however, I flip Screen Off energy saving, in picture settings before an extended absence from the room.

The poster who did, watched a lot of YouTube so unless it’s an apples to apples comparison we can’t really take anything from it. Watch the way you want to, as always be cognizant of static images and avoid long repeated periods of those images. If you’re varying content, most will be ok.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Can the US C7 play 1080i/50 (aka PAL) content natively? I'm thinking of buying some region-free Australian Blu-rays but those are PAL not NTSC.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Can the US C7 play 1080i/50 (aka PAL) content natively? I'm thinking of buying some region-free Australian Blu-rays but those are PAL not NTSC.
The tv doesn’t matter it’s the blu ray player that matters. Check to see if your blu ray player can.

Reactions: Ph8te

·
Registered
90 Posts

It has nothing to do with your dumb luck. Since you swap your OLED's almost every year your more likely not going to see burn-ins 😉. It mostly happen after 1-3 years of use.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Actually, I still have all. C7 in game room, E8 in my bedroom, B7 in family room, and C6 in basement. Waiting on 2020 for another one. Crazy thing, out of all, picture quality wise, the C6 is my favorite, followed by C7.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hi,
A long time ago I remember seeing , on this thread, some pictures of a TV which seemed to have an issue where the front glass was not properly bonded to the back panel. I have searched for this but cannot locate the post. I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction ?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Hi,
A long time ago I remember seeing , on this thread, some pictures of a TV which seemed to have an issue where the front glass was not properly bonded to the back panel. I have searched for this but cannot locate the post. I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction ?
That can't be literally true, as there is no glass in a B7 or C7.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That can't be literally true, as there is no glass in a B7 or C7.
OK, maybe the front panel isn't glass but the pictures posted seemed to look like the back panel and the front panel had not been properly bonded and I seem to have a similar issue on my C8.

In the case of the 7 series that was posted it was quite extreme whereas in my case it is a short part of one edge and does not (yet) extend into the picture area. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get a meaningful picture to send to Lg and I wanted to refer them to the post on this forum as a reference but searching has proved fruitless.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Our LG OLED65C7V has developed this awkward "smearing" in the middle of the screen. According to my wife it's been there for some time, she claims it's very noticeable on yellow backgrounds as the smear appears green. Luckily for me I'm colour blind so I have next to no chance seeing it on yellow background but it's extremely noticeable on red backgrounds.

https://ibb.co/p3HZtRG

Any ideas what might be causing this? I've verified it all all inputs, including the built-in apps on the TV.

EDIT:

I just used this
as reference using the built-in YouTube-app and was comparing our LG OLED65B6V in the bedroom with the LG OLED65C7V in the living room and the C7V is performing much worse overall even if we ignore the obvious smearing in the middle of the screen. I'm pretty certain that it was not this bad when we purchased it so it seems like the colours are suffering and has been degrading a lot on our C7V as compared to the one year older B6V.

I don't think the C7V has been running any longer or harder compared to the B6V. We had the B6V for one year before we got the C7V and moved the B6V into the bedroom was under the same conditions for one year before it was moved. The C7V has been in the living room for 1,5 years. Obviously the living room TV is being used more and is overall on higher brightness as compared to the bedroom TV but overall we should have more hours on the B6V as it's one year older.

I'm not entirely sure how the warranty is regarding panel degradation like this? Makes me really sceptical about how bad it might look when it gets even older..

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
Our LG OLED65C7V has developed this awkward "smearing" in the middle of the screen. According to my wife it's been there for some time, she claims it's very noticeable on yellow backgrounds as the smear appears green. Luckily for me I'm colour blind so I have next to no chance seeing it on yellow background but it's extremely noticeable on red backgrounds.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I've verified it all all inputs, including the built-in apps on the TV.

EDIT:

I just used this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQuelXsUYA as reference using the built-in YouTube-app and was comparing our LG OLED65B6V in the bedroom with the LG OLED65C7V in the living room and the C7V is performing much worse overall even if we ignore the obvious smearing in the middle of the screen. I'm pretty certain that it was not this bad when we purchased it so it seems like the colours are suffering and has been degrading a lot on our C7V as compared to the one year older B6V.

I don't think the C7V has been running any longer or harder compared to the B6V. We had the B6V for one year before we got the C7V and moved the B6V into the bedroom was under the same conditions for one year before it was moved. The C7V has been in the living room for 1,5 years. Obviously the living room TV is being used more and is overall on higher brightness as compared to the bedroom TV but overall we should have more hours on the B6V as it's one year older.

I'm not entirely sure how the warranty is regarding panel degradation like this? Makes me really sceptical about how bad it might look when it gets even older..

That looks like burn in to me , does that line up with a station logo you watch frequently ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's almost in the middle of the screen. I can't really understand what kind of logo or static object that would be showing in the middle of the display? I can't think of anything.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts

EDIT:

I just used this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQuelXsUYA as reference using the built-in YouTube-app and was comparing our LG OLED65B6V in the bedroom with the LG OLED65C7V in the living room and the C7V is performing much worse overall even if we ignore the obvious smearing in the middle of the screen. I'm pretty certain that it was not this bad when we purchased it so it seems like the colours are suffering and has been degrading a lot on our C7V as compared to the one year older B6V.

They replaced mine under warranty
look at the face with the green smear it showed up more with a yellow backgroung

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
I will be getting a LG technician over to inspect my panel. How did they replace your panel? I suppose I will have to bring the TV somewhere, will be really hard to get this TV anywhere considering how thin it is. I'm afraid to destroy it during transfer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I will be getting a LG technician over to inspect my panel. How did they replace your panel? I suppose I will have to bring the TV somewhere, will be really hard to get this TV anywhere considering how thin it is. I'm afraid to destroy it during transfer.
If it's a simple replacement, here's a YouTube video that shows how it would be done. I've had two screen replacements and both times they looked the same as in the video:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow, that sure looks promising! Let's see how my technician will cope with the fact that there is no room for him to lay the panel flat on the floor in our apartment.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well after almost 2.5 yrs of ownership I discovered a new work around (haven’t been following the forum closely): I got an ethernet to usb 3 adapter to increase speed. Was getting around 80-90 mbps down as tested on the tv’s browser before...Now getting 150-160 down (what I actually pay for). Happy camper :)
From what I’ve been able to research on Reddit where I found this trick, the newer models don’t offer a usb 3.0 port! 8 and 9 series owners are out of luck!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well after almost 2.5 yrs of ownership I discovered a new work around (haven’t been following the forum closely): I got an ethernet to usb 3 adapter to increase speed. Was getting around 80-90 mbps down as tested on the tv’s browser before...Now getting 150-160 down (what I actually pay for). Happy camper :)
From what I’ve been able to research on Reddit where I found this trick, the newer models don’t offer a usb 3.0 port! 8 and 9 series owners are out of luck!
Agreed, that option knocked off one of the biggest issues I had with this TV which was it's inability to handle high-bitrate 4K UHD remuxes from my Plex server. Now, there are no buffering issues and anything I throw at it plays perfectly.

Also, the move backwards to USB2 in subsequent years was pretty sad. I get that not many will ever use the increased bandwidth, but on a TV with a paltry 100MB Ethernet port, instead of Gigabit, the USB3 port is the best way to ensure that high bit rate video an be played properly. I can only assume the accountants at LG were trying to figure out how to save a few pennies, but this should never have occurred on these "flagship" TV's.

Outside of picture improvements, here is my main wish list for future models:

1) Full Lossless Audio Codec support from internal apps (eg DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, Dolby Atmos) so they can be passed over eARC
2) Image based Subtitle support (eg PGS)
3) Gigabit ports rather than 100MB ports
4) USB3 ports rather than USB2 ports

·
Registered
6 Posts
Beware, for some reason not all usb 3.0 are compatible. I have this one and it does work with my C7:
Cable Matters 202013 - Super Speed USB 3.0 RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet adapter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36161 - 36180 of 37712 Posts