AVS Forum banner

37521 - 37540 of 37737 Posts

·
Vendor
27,393 Posts
Wow, one time courtesy repair? I have hope again. I experienced burn in and logged an online support ticket a month ago but have heard nothing since. I loved the set and was devastated when I noticed the burn in (after being careful to use the recommended methods to guard against burn in and annoying the hell out of my family by putting a time limit on programming or games with fixed banners or logos on the screen). I'm old so after figuring out how to Twitter, I'll try it. Fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone who posted this.
Some things do not come easy, call them once a week ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is anyone else having problems with the Amazon app? It works maybe 40% of the time for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. It's up to date. I have unplugged the TV and I still can't get it to work 100% of the time like all the other apps. I can chose a program but then it just sits at the lading screen until an error pops up telling me to go to amazon.com/videohelp. I am at my wits end!! How do I fix this? Will a full factory reset fix it? That would suck since I would have to log in to all the apps all over again. HELP!!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Is anyone else having problems with the Amazon app? It works maybe 40% of the time for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. It's up to date. I have unplugged the TV and I still can't get it to work 100% of the time like all the other apps. I can chose a program but then it just sits at the lading screen until an error pops up telling me to go to amazon.com/videohelp. I am at my wits end!! How do I fix this? Will a full factory reset fix it? That would suck since I would have to log in to all the apps all over again. HELP!!
The Amazon app is just problematic across many devices.IMO it's not high on their list to fix.

·
Registered
644 Posts
That's why I rather use a streaming device. They have better support. I recommend the Fire TV Stick 4K. Believe its $50 currently.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The Amazon app is just problematic across many devices.IMO it's not high on their list to fix.
That's why I rather use a streaming device. They have better support. I recommend the Fire TV Stick 4K. Believe its $50 currently.
But there has not been any issue for years. It only started happening about 1 month ago. I usually just go to the website on my laptop and hook it up to my TV or I watch some other streaming service when the app doesn't work. Very odd that it just all of a sudden started giving me issues. I was hoping it was some kind of hardware glitch or something I could fix.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My prime app works fine on both of my TVs. In fact it’s more up to date than my Apple TV since it has added profiles. It’s gotta be something with your equipment. If you are wired try unplugging the cable and plugging it back in or just resetting your router.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have any of you guys had the wired network port stop working? I think a power surge may have taken it out, but I'm not positive. Tried two different routers and it says network cable not connected. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a trick. Everything else seems to work fine, including the wireless. But having the wired connection was pretty nice.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So after another TV reset, I have clicked on the app after I pull it up in the recents button and select it that way. It's worked every time so far so I am not going to click on the actual Amazon button on the remote anymore.

If you have Disney plus, can you do me a favor and go to Brain Games season 1 episode 2 and 31 min in, he asks you to count the number of times the blue dancers go in the light. Well, they are all purple on my TV. I am using the settings I thought was the general consensus as the best recommended here but have the settings been updated? Are the dancers blue for any of you or are they also purple?

·
Registered
52 Posts
So after another TV reset, I have clicked on the app after I pull it up in the recents button and select it that way. It's worked every time so far so I am not going to click on the actual Amazon button on the remote anymore.

If you have Disney plus, can you do me a favor and go to Brain Games season 1 episode 2 and 31 min in, he asks you to count the number of times the blue dancers go in the light. Well, they are all purple on my TV. I am using the settings I thought was the general consensus as the best recommended here but have the settings been updated? Are the dancers blue for any of you or are they also purple?
Brain Games... good show!

Weird... I did a search, found it, went "down" to episodes, and then when I press down again, I lose the selection box and I can't select the other episodes. WTF? I have to activate the pointer to select it. Yeesh... this app is so awful sometimes... where do we post reviews/complaints on these, anyway?

Anyway, got the app to cooperate, and went to the 31m mark. All the jabberwockies jackets are purple on my screen as well. So are the lights in the background. The floor is lit up with blue lights, for what it's worth. (Further along at about 34m, in the font-color test the frame is blue throughout...)

The important question is, did you see the penguin? (I did!)

Anyway, what's the question you're trying to answer with this color test?

·
Registered
597 Posts

Weird... I did a search, found it, went "down" to episodes, and then when I press down again, I lose the selection box and I can't select the other episodes. WTF? I have to activate the pointer to select it. Yeesh... this app is so awful sometimes... where do we post reviews/complaints on these, anyway?

Anyway, got the app to cooperate, and went to the 31m mark. All the jabberwockies jackets are purple on my screen as well. So are the lights in the background. The floor is lit up with blue lights, for what it's worth. (Further along at about 34m, in the font-color test the frame is blue throughout...)

Yeah, sometimes Disney plus programs just throw me back to the main menu. Frustrating. Thanks for checking and I did also see the penguin but I was also concerned about the purple and not blue so wasn't really counting or concentrating as hard. My question was that if others see them as blue, my settings are off. You also saw purple so that means my settings are fine unless others chime in and they all see blue.

·
Registered
487 Posts

Encountered the same bug with the same MR pointer resolution.

Tested other versions of the app (Roku 1.6.1, Android/FireTV 1.7.1) and noticed there were multiple seasons (8 total) not shown or listed in the LG app series info - which seems to be the cause of the bug (missing the left hand column season 1-8 listings).

The internal version of the LG D+ app is 1.3.0 which clearly is a bit behind 1.6.x/1.7.x and is likely the source of the issue.

As far as where to post specific platform or app issues/reviews, you can always post here or in the D+ thread Disney+ - The Mouse Strikes Back Discussion Thread but if you want to contact Disney directly you'll need to go to Disney+ Help Center | Support & FAQ and use either the Feedback, Live Chat, or Call Us (1-888-905-7888) options.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Encountered the same bug with the same MR pointer resolution.
Thanks for the confirmation! If I post this in the D+ forum, does that actually go anywhere (other than for us to read)? I posted a feedback on their website... not that I have much faith in that actually working, but I gave it a shot.

In related news, I get audio dropouts on the D+ app as well... pretty much any/every show coming through via ARC to the receiver. No other app has this issue, which is why I believe it to be D+ related. Posting this here rhetorically... no reply needed (but confirmation would be great).

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation! If I post this in the D+ forum, does that actually go anywhere (other than for us to read)? I posted a feedback on their website... not that I have much faith in that actually working, but I gave it a shot.

In related news, I get audio dropouts on the D+ app as well... pretty much any/every show coming through via ARC to the receiver. No other app has this issue, which is why I believe it to be D+ related. Posting this here rhetorically... no reply needed (but confirmation would be great).
Correct, the D+ thread is for "us" - in addition to the feedback, I suggest phone or chat (where there is a written explanation of the issue that can be passed to the engineers/developers).

As far as audio dropouts go, I don't experience any specific to D+ (I occasionally get them everywhere (built-in apps), and a pause/play or a 10 sec rewind fixes it).

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well, I have burn in😐
My laptop screen broke a couple of months ago and I have been hooking it up to the TV in order to use it. About a month ago I noticed some very faint logos at the bottom of the screen. Turns out they are the Firefox symbol and a couple of other ones. At first I thought they would go away but they didn't and so I stopped using the computer for a couple of days and went and looked again and they are still there.

I finally did a pixel Refresher last night but they are still there. Now the good thing is is it's very faint and you can only see it on certain colors mostly whites or red screens but yeah, I'm pretty sure I have permanent burn in. Sucks but I guess it's my fault. My new laptop comes Friday.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well, I have burn in😐
My laptop screen broke a couple of months ago and I have been hooking it up to the TV in order to use it. About a month ago I noticed some very faint logos at the bottom of the screen. Turns out they are the Firefox symbol and a couple of other ones. At first I thought they would go away but they didn't and so I stopped using the computer for a couple of days and went and looked again and they are still there.

I finally did a pixel Refresher last night but they are still there. Now the good thing is is it's very faint and you can only see it on certain colors mostly whites or red screens but yeah, I'm pretty sure I have permanent burn in. Sucks but I guess it's my fault. My new laptop comes Friday.
What were your tv settings, OLED light, and how many hours do you think you had the tv hooked up as a monitor?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, I have burn in😐

Sorry dude... I have my PC connected to mostly game but I worry about walking away and the screen saver not kicking in... Do you recall leaving it on overnight? What was the OLED light set to?

·
Registered
597 Posts
What were your tv settings, OLED light, and how many hours do you think you had the tv hooked up as a monitor?
The settings are what most people go by here. Forget the posters name but oled light is 100 contrast is 100 brightness is 50 sharpness is 20 color is 50 tint is 0 color temperature is 0 and I usually keep it on HDR effect picture mode.
I have no idea how many hours I have used it as a monitor.
My screen saver comes on at about 10 minutes of non use. Is there some other way to get rid of it or is it just there permanently now? Never left on overnight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Recently I had lightning send a surge in and take out an entire wall of electronics. One being my Oled.

I've already settled with insurance but am wondering what probably failed. The stand-by light is lit and will turn off when attempting to power on, it does seem like it takes longer than I remember, but then nothing blank screen(like it's off) , no sound or menu. Dc'ing power and reconnecting changes nothing. Fried Tcon? Power supply? I've got a voltmeter but not much experience on TV's.

Insurance hasn't asked for it back yet so I thought I might "play" with it.

Where would you start? Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
The settings are what most people go by here. Forget the posters name but oled light is 100 contrast as 100 brightness is 50 sharpness is 20 color is 50 tint is 0 color temperature is 0 and I usually keep it on HDR effect picture mode.
I have no idea how many hours I have used it as a monitor.
My screen saver comes on at about 10 minutes of non use. Is there some other way to get rid of it or is it just there permanently now? Never left on overnight.
oled light 100 is full torch mode, not surprised you burned it in. Once there’s burn in, that’s pretty much it. Maybe call LG customer support and see if they can do a one time courtesy panel replacement.

37521 - 37540 of 37737 Posts