AVS Forum banner
37,561 - 37,580 of 39,654 Posts
Do you guys remember receiving a full paper manual with your seven series or was it all on line. I was looking for mine and seems I lost or I never received it

Regarding the power on issue, my C7 has been doing something similar for a long time, perhaps since I got it. I have all my equipment plugged into a power conditioner, basically a rack-size surge protector. There's a display that shows the power draw, among other things. With everything off/standby, power draw is at a constant 0.5 A. When I turn on the TV via remote, I can hear the usual click, power draw goes up to 0.6 A, but the TV does not turn on. I then wait until power draw goes back to 0.5 A (takes about 5 - 10 seconds, and there is another click), and press the button on the remote again. The TV always powers on the second time around. Weird, but not a huge deal, and it doesn't happen every single time. I usually power up the C7 only once a day, so I don't know if it would happen less frequently if I used the TV more.

Noticed burn ins on mine (b7) now. Been using it for many years now as computer screen, it's on all day, watching youtube, using a browser a ton too.. it's only noticeable on a red screen, my bookmark field is dark spots + there's a rectangle in the middle (probably from youtube - when i don't watch it fullscreen).

What's interesting is that my large bar of icons (lower part of the screen) is not burned in, even though its there constantly. The bookmarks has a white backdrop, the icons backdrop is black. So it's a possibility that white background and something dark on it is far worse than the reverse. I changed to Dark Theme now in the browser.

It's no biggie and i've been kind of expecting it since it runs all day + OLED light at 90+.
Odds are LG would swap that screen for free. As someone noted you may have to call them more then once to get results.

I have not been on the site in a while. My C7 is currently on firmware 05.80.35. If I recall correctly, firmware 5.80.55 was the last firmware that was sent out but I did not download is because it did not improve on anything. Has anything appeared since then that is considered "worthy"?

Amazon Prime 1.1.21 App Update:

The 1.1.21 app update released within the last few days is now missing HDR output (still tagged though) in addition to the missing Dolby Vision support (tagging and output).

Dolby Vision and Atmos support disappeared some weeks ago with the 1.1.19 app update (though Atmos support returned within the last few days):

Let Amazon know that HDR (HDR10) support is now also broken:

I have not been on the site in a while. My C7 is currently on firmware 05.80.35. If I recall correctly, firmware 5.80.55 was the last firmware that was sent out but I did not download is because it did not improve on anything. Has anything appeared since then that is considered "worthy"?
While the official release notes indicate only two "issues" addressed..:

"1. Improvement
1) Add HEVC logo to user guide
2) fix unknown device toast pop-up issue by Galvanic Corrosion"

..there are 20 builds between your version and latest release, with a myriad of other unpublished issues/changes addressed in these builds (which is, as ever, always the case).

So you'll need to consider whether any non-stated/published changes/issues might also be "worthy", which obviously is a far more difficult task...

Ultimately its your discretion, though of course reverting to prior versions is a non-trivial task, which may factor into your decision...

While the official release notes indicate only two "issues" addressed..:

"1. Improvement
1) Add HEVC logo to user guide
2) fix unknown device toast pop-up issue by Galvanic Corrosion"

..there are 20 builds between your version and latest release, with a myriad of other unpublished issues/changes addressed in these builds (which is, as ever, always the case).

So you'll need to consider whether any non-stated/published changes/issues might also be "worthy", which obviously is a far more difficult task...

Ultimately its your discretion, though of course reverting to prior versions is a non-trivial task, which may factor into your decision...
Thanks. Sometimes the updates cause other unintended issues so I am just curious if the latest update had any.

Hello guys, I don't know why my TV reset all the configurations. Can you share me a good configurations please?

Thanks!!
I've been using @sonoftumble settings since I got my B7. Looks awesome! Give them a try.

Ugh, covid had me start watching news on the regular and started noticing some things on the bottom of my TV during certain scenes. Is there anything I can do other then stop watching news? Will it eventually level out somewhat or will I forever be noticing this?
Try to reach out to LG and get a courtesy panel replacement. I, and others on here have had luck getting one even when we are out of warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny thing- I set the OLED light to 25 because my 1 year old daughter was watching a lot of Youtube channels while I wasn't home with her sitter and I didn't want it to be too bright and I didn't wanted the colored subtitles to get burned in to the set.. I forgot that I changed it and have been watching TV at night all week with it down to 25... It was perfectly acceptable.. Try it! It may not be good with direct sunlight but it could be a great way to mitigate, if not eliminate any burn in risk.

Funny thing- I set the OLED light to 25 because my 1 year old daughter was watching a lot of Youtube channels while I wasn't home with her sitter and I didn't want it to be too bright and I didn't wanted the colored subtitles to get burned in to the set.. I forgot that I changed it and have been watching TV at night all week with it down to 25... It was perfectly acceptable.. Try it! It may not be good with direct sunlight but it could be a great way to mitigate, if not eliminate any burn in risk.
I did, waaaaaay too low but that's because of the huge change. I dropped it down to 90 and may drop it lower a week from now.

Amazon Prime 1.1.21 App Update:

The 1.1.21 app update released within the last few days is now missing HDR output (still tagged though) in addition to the missing Dolby Vision support (tagging and output).

Dolby Vision and Atmos support disappeared some weeks ago with the 1.1.19 app update (though Atmos support returned within the last few days):

Let Amazon know that HDR (HDR10) support is now also broken:
HDR10 output/activation is working as of yesterday 8/20 - Dolby Vision returned support is still at large (as it is with every other DV supporting device..)

37,561 - 37,580 of 39,654 Posts