AVS Forum banner
37,581 - 37,600 of 39,654 Posts
Ugh, covid had me start watching news on the regular and started noticing some things on the bottom of my TV during certain scenes. Is there anything I can do other then stop watching news? Will it eventually level out somewhat or will I forever be noticing this?
If you run the set watching something that does not have a common picture over night for a few nights/weekend and that does not go away your screen is shot. As many have noted LG is swapping screens past the warranty end.

Ugh, covid had me start watching news on the regular and started noticing some things on the bottom of my TV during certain scenes. Is there anything I can do other then stop watching news? Will it eventually level out somewhat or will I forever be noticing this?
I have been thinking of getting a c9. How long each day did you have the news on? Does the C7 have the same pixel refresh features as the c9?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been thinking of getting a c9. How long each day did you have the news on? Does the C7 have the same pixel refresh features as the c9?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Almost the whole workday (6-9 hours) which after the burn in started didn't know you shouldn't have it for more the 3-4 hours a day of static image. Never had the issue since pre-covid I only had 1-2 weekend days where I would be home watching TV like that a month. Now with all this sitting at home I had the TV going for so much.
No clue on the features between different models.

Makes me wonder if as a ghetto solution you couldn't take photos of slides on your screen and then put the reverse on there overnight, eg if magenta had burnin, then put magenta on there with the reverse of the burnin picture.

Have people fixed the burn in that way? Would pixel refresh work as well?
If you have burn in pixel refresh is not going to hurt it, thats for sure. Yes many have gotten there screens swapped for free......
>>> Click here <<<

I’ve had this TV a little over 2 years . All of a sudden the TV keeps turning itself off. I’ve checked all the connections, can’t figure this one out. There’s also a horizontal black line that runs across the top of the screen that appeared around the same time as this issue.

It started about a week ago and I would eventually get it to stay powered on but after shutting the TV off I’d have the same issue. Took to leaving it on when I’d eventually get it to stay on. It’s been on for about 3 days and now just powered off by itself again. Not having any luck keeping it on this time. It stays on for a few seconds and turns off.

I’ve looked around and can’t really find much info on this problem. Any ideas?

I'm not sure about TVs, but in the world of computers, this is often a failing power supply issue. It could also be overheating. I'm not sure if the C7 has any fans that could have failed. Has the environment changed in any way? Is it warmer than before or sun shining on it?

It is in a very bright room. Lots of sun, but steady temp of 73 with the central air. If it manages to stay on for more than a few seconds it is usually good to go. Like I said it’s been on for about 5 or so days with no issues until now.

If you turn it on after it's been off for a long time and cool, and it turns off fairly quickly, then it's not an overheating issue. In that case, I'd say that the power supply is failing and will eventually fail completely, but I can't be sure. You may want to contact LG or your extended warranty provider if you have one.

YW. You can try calling LG. Perhaps they can help troubleshoot over the phone and give you a diagnosis. Sometimes, LG does one-time courtesy repairs for products out of warranty, so it's worth a shot. Also, if you bought it with a credit card, some credit cards automatically extend the factory warranty, so you may be able to file a claim with them.

What you’re describing is 100% failed capacitors in the power board. See what the cost of having it serviced out of warranty. Surely just replacing the power board can’t cost too much.

And if it does, find a local shop that’s willing to just replace the caps if you aren’t handy yourself.

G'day,

Picked one of these up and really liking it, been able to calibrate greyscale near perfect however there is one thing I don't really understand. When calibrating using HCFR and selecting "Black level low" it displays the 0:0:0 black as true black however gamma is all over the place but when using "black level high" gamma tracks fine but black floor is increased obviously. This doesn't make sense.
In plain words I cannot have proper black floor and correct gamma at the same time, it's one or the other.
Using a HTPC.
What am I missing.

Cheers

G'day,

Picked one of these up and really liking it, been able to calibrate greyscale near perfect however there is one thing I don't really understand. When calibrating using HCFR and selecting "Black level low" it displays the 0:0:0 black as true black however gamma is all over the place but when using "black level high" gamma tracks fine but black floor is increased obviously. This doesn't make sense.
In plain words I cannot have proper black floor and correct gamma at the same time, it's one or the other.
Using a HTPC.
What am I missing.

Cheers
Not knowing what firmware version you are on, or other details of your setup (like having HDMI Ultra Deep Color enabled), or adjusted the gamma in Picture/Picture Mode Settings/Advanced Controls or in Picture/Picture Mode Settings/Expert Controls (depending on your picture mode), or if you have the HDMI port configured in PC mode, etc...then:

You might consider also posting this over in:

or

37,581 - 37,600 of 39,654 Posts