AVS Forum banner
37,741 - 37,760 of 39,654 Posts
Hello, I searched this forum for something similar but couldn't find anything. I have a 55B7 OLED TV and since about a week ago the TV is having a delay of 5 to 10 seconds when you turn it off. At first I thought that the batteries in the Magic Remote were depleted or about to go empty, but everything else is fast and responsive as always. Only when I press the Power Button there is a delay of 5 or more seconds for the screen to go dark and actually turn off (with the red led indicator).

Is there anyone who have experienced something similar? Any way to fix this?

Thanks.-
Some things to try: unplug the TV for few minutes, this will clear the cache. Look at the red light under the screen and see if it is flashing a code; in the 7 owners manual there is a page that will decode that for you.

I’m new to this forum but I’m trying to find the answer to this. The new iPhone 12 shoots DV video using profile 8.4. Does anyone know if the LG B7A supports this profile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Video shot on the iPhone 12 Pro will currently playback in HLG-HDR on the C7 (and the C8), whereas it plays back in Dolby Vision on the C9 and CX.

Tested by myself this morning and confirmed by friends with various model year LG OLED’s

For information purposes, this is what MediaInfo reports for iPhone 12 Dolby Vision video (from a very quick test video I did last night)

Video shot on the iPhone 12 Pro will currently playback in HLG-HDR on the C7 (and the C8), whereas it plays back in Dolby Vision on the C9 and CX.

Tested by myself this morning and confirmed by friends with various model year LG OLED’s

For information purposes, this is what MediaInfo reports for iPhone 12 Dolby Vision video (from a very quick test video I did last night)
Interesting - how did you playback on LG OLED? AppleTV? Or USB stick or something?

Interesting - how did you playback on LG OLED? AppleTV? Or USB stick or something?
USB Pen Drive. Either download the original from iCloud storage, or connect iPhone to PC/Mac and copy directly from the device ensuring to enable "Keep Originals" within the Photos app settings. Failure to do so will result in the SDR only base version being copied to the PC/Mac/USB

Currently, AirPlay on both the ATV4K and the C9 plays back the SDR version only.

With iOS, devices need to be updated to iOS 14.1 for DV playback of iPhone 12 recorded Dolby Vision content. My iPhone XS and iPad Pro both playback the Dolby Vision version, and my friend can play it back in Dolby Vision on his iPhone 11 Pro after sending him a link to download from my iCloud storage.

tvOS is currently at 14.0.2 (public FW release) so I guess we need tvOS 14.1 or higher to playback the Dolby Vision version via AirPlay from iPhone 12

Hopefully an update to AirPlay on WebOS will enable compatibility for the 2019/2020 and possibly the 2018’s too in the future as it is due to receive an AirPlay update. I doubt that the 2017’s will ever get AirPlay.

HLG looks quite good on the C7 though for what it’s worth

I just got my 12 Pro but haven't really played around with video capture - I took a look at the camera settings but didn't see anything specific about DV (just HDR) - I assume if you are recording in HDR, its actually recording the DV metadata as well? I wish 2017 devices had AirPlay 2.0...would make this a lot easier too

Update for 2017 LG OLED (or any HDR TV I guess) owners with an iPhone 12 and an ATV4K

If you have recorded video on an iPhone 12 in Dolby Vision and uploaded the video to your iCloud account, you can use the Photos App on the ATV4K to playback the video, however it will play back in HDR10

2019 LG internal WebOS video player (USB file playback)

ATV4K (connected to C7) Photos App (iCloud storage)

So, while not perfect, at least there are 2 solutions for 2017 owners to view iPhone 12 videos in either HLG-HDR, or HDR10 until the ATV4K receives tvOS 14.1 or higher

I just got my 12 Pro but haven't really played around with video capture - I took a look at the camera settings but didn't see anything specific about DV (just HDR) - I assume if you are recording in HDR, its actually recording the DV metadata as well? I wish 2017 devices had AirPlay 2.0...would make this a lot easier too
As shown in the MediaInfo screenshot I posted, the video recorded has Dolby Vision metadata upon a HLG base. iOS devices will get a small HDR banner in the Photos app when viewing such videos. It does not say Dolby Vision, but you can see from the MediaInfo that it is.

Hello all,

I currently owns a LG OLED bought about 3 years ago. This is the model:

But I am not sure if my LG OLED 55B7P truly support 4K 120Hz for Playstation 5? If not, I might have to go TV shopping this black Friday.

Thank you

Hello all,

I currently owns a LG OLED bought about 3 years ago. This is the model:

But I am not sure if my LG OLED 55B7P truly support 4K 120Hz for Playstation 5? If not, I might have to go TV shopping this black Friday.

Thank you
It has a 120Hz refresh rate, but it does not support 4k at 120 Hz. That would require HDMI 2.1, which it does not have.

I remember some time back there was a discussion going on about how the 7 series handles dolby vision. It was mentioned that b7 wasn't handling it correctly with a lot of the dark scenes being more grey thank black so my question is has this been fixed or is it an ongoing issue? I was watching Netflix series "La Revolution" and noticed more grey in dark scenes which made it look like I was watching an it on my old LED screen. I've actually noticed it on a few shows and wondering if its the same old issue or if it's my TV.

I remember some time back there was a discussion going on about how the 7 series handles dolby vision. It was mentioned that b7 wasn't handling it correctly with a lot of the dark scenes being more grey thank black so my question is has this been fixed or is it an ongoing issue? I was watching Netflix series "La Revolution" and noticed more grey in dark scenes which made it look like I was watching an it on my old LED screen. I've actually noticed it on a few shows and wondering if its the same old issue or if it's my TV.
I'm not experiencing anything like that, I was watching DV last night.

No problems with DV on my OLED65B7A.

No problems here. DV looks great on my B7. I used @sonoftumble settings and they worked great for my panel. Still blown away by the PQ on my B7. Check his settings out and see how they compare to yours.

Does anyone know if pihole would stop the youtube ads from being shown using the inbuilt youtube app on my C7?

Some things to try: unplug the TV for few minutes, this will clear the cache. Look at the red light under the screen and see if it is flashing a code; in the 7 owners manual there is a page that will decode that for you.
Hello,

Clearing the cache didn't work. The red light is not flashing at all. Sometimes it just turn off instantly, others it takes several seconds (10+).

I don't know what else to do, but thank you for your help. I will keep trying to figure this out.

It dind't work for me. The problem with Youtube ads is that they use the same address that the video itself, so It is very difficult to avoid.

I ended buying Youtube Premium
I don’t run apps on the tv. I use streaming devices. I use an app called SmartYouTubeTV (it’s just YouTube, has nothing to do with the live TV YouTubeTV service) you have to use an Android based streaming device (I use FireTV devices and Nvidia Shields) and sideload the app. No ads.

Greetings!

My OLED65C7P auto switches to hdr picture mode when UHD content is played. Is there an admin mode for this tv to disable this from happening? I have grown accustomed to ISF dark mode and prefer to watch all content in that mode, especially at night when I do most of my viewing but this super bright mode hurts my eyes.

I'm an old dude 🤓

Greetings!

My OLED65C7P auto switches to hdr picture mode when UHD content is played. Is there an admin mode for this tv to disable this from happening? I have grown accustomed to ISF dark mode and prefer to watch all content in that mode, especially at night when I do most of my viewing but this super bright mode hurts my eyes.

I'm an old dude 🤓
Not that I know of. But you can lower the brightness of the HDR picture mode.
One detail, it only switches to the HDR profile if the source signal actually contains HDR meta data.

37,741 - 37,760 of 39,654 Posts