AVS Forum banner
38,661 - 38,680 of 39,654 Posts
Have you tried an external streaming device to try to isolate where the issue lies? If you don't see the issue when using an external streaming device then that would indicate that the problem is with the internal apps. I don't use the internal apps on my 65B7A and have not experienced the issue you describe.
Does not happen from external sources via HDMI, but any of the internal apps and broadcast content, even media streamed through the integrated media browser, all have the same stutter/freeze to greater or lesser degrees.

Does not happen from external sources via HDMI, but any of the internal apps and broadcast content, even media streamed through the integrated media browser, all have the same stutter/freeze to greater or lesser degrees.
Then at least you have isolated the issue to the internal apps. The built-in system that runs the apps on the B7A is not exactly a performance demon... :D ...most "smart TVs" aren't which is why I always use external streaming devices on all my TVs.

My 2017 65B7A has developed a strange stutter/freezing problem where, roughly once a minute, the image freezes for about two seconds. Then it quickly runs through the frames it missed in fast-forward as if to catch up, like it's buffering. Audio is uninterrupted.

This happens with broadcast content or with content played through the TV's integrated media players, so it's not a network issue. I've tried going through and disabling various display modes and settings individually with no relief. Appreciate any help!
I can't offer a solution but I can say that I've never had this happen on my 55C7, and I often use the internal "Photos and Videos" app, even with 4k HDR content.

Do you have smooth motion enabled?

Tried it with all the various picture settings, including smooth and clear and etc. Same issue throughout.

Finally gave up and did a system reset and indeed that fixed it. Sadly I forgot to write down my image settings! Time to recalibrate...

Simple question: is HBO Max application available for C7? HBO Nordic is but it will turn into HBO Max in a few weeks here in Nordic and I wonder if the app will be available or not. Any info?

It is location dependent. IIRC in USA people were changing their region in the TV to Mexico to get the app and then changing the TV back to USA and the app still worked.

Had the panel for a while now and just discovered I can access 120hz on my computer when outputting 1080p.

The panel supports it as it is certainly smoother than 60hz but am I risking extra burn-in or any other issues using 120hz on a display that does not advertise that as a feature?

I just noticed AppleTV+ app is available in the US in the LG content store on my B7. It's only showing AppleTV + content though, not my library.
Thanks - Had to do a little digging to find it! First time the app loaded, it barely functioned and I couldn't get video to playback

Rebooted the TV and everything started working - getting Dolby Vision + Atmos! Bitrate looks pretty solid too (Better than HDR10 on Nvidia Shield app)

Interesting, thanks, I’ll check it out. I suspect they did not release airplay support that is on some newer TV’s (at least Samsung, not sure about lg.)
Logon was easy with QR code and iPhone. Never had to type a password or account name. Phone OK’ed with faceid. UI is very Apple TVOS-ish. Not sure for example that any non Apple TV (the physical device) person would know that long pressing on some shows would pop up a UI (like on the next up list)

Of course no airplay support (which I guess is in fact built into newer LG TVs firmware.) Also as mentioned this is only AppleTV plus and does not support any other Apple streaming services (movies or music).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logon was easy with QR code and iPhone. Never had to type a password or account name. Phone OK’ed with faceid. UI is very Apple TVOS-ish. Not sure for example that any non Apple TV (the physical device) person would know that long pressing on some shows would pop up a UI (like on the next up list)

Of course no airplay support (which I guess is in fact built into newer LG TVs firmware.) Also as mentioned this is only AppleTV plus and does not support any other Apple streaming services (movies or music).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's great that LG still throws us a bone once in awhile. I probably won't use the app much since I do own a ATV4K and have the app on my Shields, CCGTV and Roku Ultra but it's always good to have options.

But props to LG, I’ve got 14,700 hours on the tv
been a discolored blob showing on content
I reach out to LG via Twitter, they are replacing the screen, I pay for labor

Rectangle Output device Computer monitor accessory Wall Television set

Rectangle Red Magenta Television set Flat panel display
Purple Rectangle Output device Violet Television set

Yours looks exactly like mine did right before I sold it. I even had the same TLC burn in. We don’t watch TLC often so it was weird we had that burned in and who knows what the blob is from. I was also right around 15,000 hours. Good on LG for replacing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, that is horrible.

LG is doing themselves a service by replacing panels, they replaced mine and mine was nowhere near as bad as that.

Been super happy with the C7 overall, best TV I've ever owned. And I'm not easy to please.

Love the picture every day. OLED FTW.

Reactions: Bumrush and ynnek63
38,661 - 38,680 of 39,654 Posts