AVS Forum banner

481 - 500 of 37545 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
So more time under my belt with the 65" C7. Looking great but the vignette on the right side does show up now and then. So far mostly catching my eye if there is a graphic at the the right level to show it. Kind of a bummer considering how flawless the rest of the panel is concerning banding.
Is this a common problem or an isolated production fault?

·
Registered
210 Posts
So more time under my belt with the 65" C7. Looking great but the vignette on the right side does show up now and then. So far mostly catching my eye if there is a graphic at the the right level to show it. Kind of a bummer considering how flawless the rest of the panel is concerning banding.
I had that on 2 E6'S where you could see the right side vignetting in content and it never got better so had to replace both because you should not be able to see this in content as calibrators have told me & if you do it should be replaced.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had that on 2 E6'S where you could see the right side vignetting in content and it never got better so had to replace both because you should not be able to see this in content as calibrators have told me & if you do it should be replaced.
Can you capture this in a picture, just so I can check when my set arrives next week.

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts

And now?

I don't see it pop up in anything other than a title or a scene with extreme low lighting. I'd be hard pressed to show it to a tech except under extreme conditions. Again, too bad since the rest of the panel s excellent. Not a pixel in doubt.

·
Premium Member
3,607 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry newbie here. What is this slide that we need to run you guys talking about? Excuse if it's been discussed before but are we supposed to run something ie slides when we just got the new tv?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Sorry newbie here. What is this slide that we need to run you guys talking about? Excuse if it's been discussed before but are we supposed to run something ie slides when we just got the new tv?

Scroll back to the first couple pages and look for d-nice's slides. Run them as much as possible in vivid mode to break in the tv. Think it's recommended for 200 hours. It's not an absolute necessity...but if you are a videophile and want an even break in on the pixels that's how you'd go about doing it. I didn't bother with mine and the set looks just fine, and I've looked at it with a meter and torture slides and everything without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted or not but just noticed the B7 is up on Costco for order, they are offering $200 cash card and free three year warranty: https://www.costco.com/LG-65"-Class-(64.5"-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-OLED-TV.product.100343124.html
That looks like confirmation that we (North America) won't be getting the metal stand that's on the Euro B7. Compared to the aluminum bezel and stand of the C7 I don't see a compelling reason to buy the B7 even with the Costco incentives.

·
Banned
1,490 Posts
Scroll back to the first couple pages and look for d-nice's slides. Run them as much as possible in vivid mode to break in the tv. Think it's recommended for 200 hours. It's not an absolute necessity...but if you are a videophile and want an even break in on the pixels that's how you'd go about doing it. I didn't bother with mine and the set looks just fine, and I've looked at it with a meter and torture slides and everything without issue

This is such mystic fantasy.

He just have to watch TV for 200 hours to achieve the same thing.

There's not a single proof doing this will achieve anything better than watching the TV regularly.

It's all just fluffy theory.
Just enjoy your OLED and let it break in by itself.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted or not but just noticed the B7 is up on Costco for order, they are offering $200 cash card and free three year warranty: https://www.costco.com/LG-65"-Class-(64.5"-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-OLED-TV.product.100343124.html
That looks like confirmation that we (North America) won't be getting the metal stand that's on the Euro B7. Compared to the metal bezel and stand of the C7 I don't see a compelling reason to buy the B7 even with the Costco incentives.
Except maybe to not get that tilt on the C7 stand that some users are having. The B6/B7 stand looks less prone to do the tilt. Can't believe they made a flimsy stand on the C7 or so it seems.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
This is such mystic fantasy.

He just have to watch TV for 200 hours to achieve the same thing.

There's not a single proof doing this will achieve anything better than watching the TV regularly.

It's all just fluffy theory.

Just enjoy your OLED and let it break in by itself.

It's just a relic break in that was once used on plasma sets.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
That looks like confirmation that we (North America) won't be getting the metal stand that's on the Euro B7. Compared to the aluminum bezel and stand of the C7 I don't see a compelling reason to buy the B7 even with the Costco incentives.

Plus the c7 is cheaper through value electronics

481 - 500 of 37545 Posts