AVS Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2722 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Can someone try out vudu for me. i can load it but it wont play movies, it just spins Internet connection is not an issue.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app.

reset router

Amazon and Netfix work fine.

works fine on tivo, xbox one. yadda yadda

Vudu working fine here. (Don’t judge my movies, Twilight is the wife’s thing).

·
Registered
997 Posts
Vudu working fine here. (Don’t judge my movies, Twilight is the wife’s thing).
Aah, so you must be the Don Juan de Marco fan then!! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I just upgraded my AVR to a Denon X2400H, installed all new high speed HDMI cables (monoprice/HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2) but when I try and watch 4K programming on 4K FireTV Netflix I am only getting 1080P. I’ve verified 4K is turned on in Netflix and AVR is set correctly. Am I missing something?
Have you gone to your Netflix account page and set the option for highest quality setting? I believe there are three options for the quality setting so if not set to highest quality, may limit down to 1080p.

·
Registered
10 Posts
65G7P Wall Mount

Can't believe it's been over 10 yrs since my last post.... LOL My Pioneer Pro-1000HDi finally bit the dust, and I've had my 65G7P for a little over a week now. Absolutely, jaw-droppingly stunning. Anyway....

For those who have wall-mounted theirs: I'd prefer a static mount, as I have no need for a tilt/articulating one. However, I'd be willing to use LG's OTW420B (even though it says it's a tilt mount) if the TV can be tightened/locked in place parallel to the wall.

More importantly, since the mounting points are so low on the back of the set, I need to know if the mounting plate protrudes below the bottom of the set. In other words, if I'm sitting on my couch, am I going to be able to see the bottom of the mounting plate attached to the wall?

Appreciate anyone's experience with LG's wall mount, or suggestions for other mounts that can't be seen once the TV is attached. Many thanks.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
question on anti-tip cables for the 65 G7P. I have mine sitting on a tv stand, not mounted. I don't see any apparent places for me to attach said cable(s) to make sure that when our future baby starts pulling on things that the TV won't fall on her....

I could be missing them. But I feel like there isn't much to be done in that regard. Has anyone figured this out?

·
Vendor
26,647 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
question on anti-tip cables for the 65 G7P. I have mine sitting on a tv stand, not mounted. I don't see any apparent places for me to attach said cable(s) to make sure that when our future baby starts pulling on things that the TV won't fall on her....

I could be missing them. But I feel like there isn't much to be done in that regard. Has anyone figured this out?
You need eye-bolts screwed into the back of the TV. See the User Manual for details.

·
Registered
522 Posts
hey @Al Leong

how's your ATV4K setup with your OLED right now after the technicolor firmware? i picked one up with the current DIRECTV NOW deal going on. do you still force HDR/DV on the device?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey guys,

They are here installing the 77 and I noticed in the box with the remotes there is one pair of passive glasses. I can't find online if the TV comes with glasses. Do any of you know? The box says G7, the TV says G7... just wonder why there are glasses here.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Cool. Well it's up and running and it looks amazing. I did notice the installers plugged everything into HDMI4, not sure why. In the general menu there is an option that says HDMI 1 and 2 can use HDMI deep color. If I leave everything in 4 will HDR work? It looks amazing.... WAAAAAAAAAAAY better then my 940e did.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Cool. Well it's up and running and it looks amazing. I did notice the installers plugged everything into HDMI4, not sure why. In the general menu there is an option that says HDMI 1 and 2 can use HDMI deep color. If I leave everything in 4 will HDR work? It looks amazing.... WAAAAAAAAAAAY better then my 940e did.
why would you keep a G6 when you paid for a G7? what shady company did you deal with?

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
You need to use HDMI1 and 2 to get the full benefits of HDR/deep color. The G6 was designed that way from the beginning unfortunately. The G7 costs less than a G6 in terms of SRP (and the price is actually ridiculous right now as supply has dried up).

·
Registered
54 Posts
How does it sound

I have had a chance to listen to C7 + SJ9 and it was just jaw-dropping!
Could somebody please comment on the SOUND E7/G7 provide? if it is anywhere near the above, I would definitely go for E7...

Please chime in!

1981 - 2000 of 2722 Posts