AVS Forum banner

20001 - 20020 of 20069 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
So is there any option to actually rollback the Android 9 Pie firmware to a previous version? My TV hard reboots at least once a day. HDMI CEC no longer works with Apple TV. Everything is basically broken with this update and it's been over 6 months. A four year old premium TV should not be obsolete due to a ****ty firmware update. Class action lawsuit? I'm just so upset about this.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So is there any option to actually rollback the Android 9 Pie firmware to a previous version? My TV hard reboots at least once a day. HDMI CEC no longer works with Apple TV. Everything is basically broken with this update and it's been over 6 months. A four year old premium TV should not be obsolete due to a ****ty firmware update. Class action lawsuit? I'm just so upset about this.
Yeah it’s fing ********!

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
1) No, you cannot rollback firmware updates on Sony Android TVs, this gets asked and answered at least 20 times a week on the AVS Sony threads.
2) HDMI CEC is working with lots of devices, it seems Apple TV is the major one that users have an issue with, maybe just maybe Apple TV is doing something non-standard with CEC power commands. Nah, Apple would never do something non-standard.
3) Class action lawsuit? Gee that gets tossed around alot on these forums, what remedy would you suggest an class action lawsuit would provide? A coupon for $10 off your next Sony TV?

Reactions: Majcric and dowop

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is logical to think that a system exists. Sony engineers should be able to do this if necessary or at least a system that forces the TV to accept older firmware. Probably only Sony technicians know this. One would have to hope that sooner or later someone will learn about it and publish it.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Guys, I got tired reading complaints and problems using latest AndroidTV 9 update.

If you prove me that after a CLEAN USB INSTALL (not upgrade, I repeat CLEAN INSTALL) of latest AndroidTV update you still have problems, I will send you for free as a gift my 65" XE-9005 ZERO PROBLEMS TV.

Record the procedure of clean installing latest update and prove me wrong to get a TV for free.

Sorry, but I got really tired of your posts.

CLEAN USB INSTALL !

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Guys, I got tired reading complaints and problems using latest AndroidTV 9 update.

If you prove me that after a CLEAN USB INSTALL (not upgrade, I repeat CLEAN INSTALL) of latest AndroidTV update you still have problems, I will send you for free as a gift my 65" XE-9005 ZERO PROBLEMS TV.

Record the procedure of clean installing latest update and prove me wrong to get a TV for free.

CLEAN USB INSTALL !
But that's silly. I don't wipe every piece of electronics every time there is an update. Why should I make an exception for my TV?

·
Registered
108 Posts

CLEAN USB INSTALL !
Wait, does this fix the AppleTV power off issue?

·
Registered
91 Posts
WTH ? They still havent patched this with a new firmware update ???

·
Registered
27 Posts

CLEAN USB INSTALL !
I installed PIE via USB. After this I also did a complete reset of the TV.
I now have:
  • a less responsive operating system than before (very noticeable by the time it takes for the various menus to appear).
  • My Apple TV 4K can no longer turn off the TV (it always did before).
  • I had a sudden reboot (never had sudden reboots in the last three years).

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
We just began having an issue recently where, while using apps on the tv, such as youtube, Netflix, etc.. the center channel will cut out. This only happens with the applications on the tv its self. It does not happen with broadcast tv, nor with external device like the xbox 1x.

I see a lot of issues coming up about reboots, but we don't really have that. Its just an issue with various onboard appls. anyone else have this recently.? like the last two weeks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have issues with this TV and HDR? I'm using this TV with an Xbox One X and a Yamaha RX-A2050. Recently, out of the blue, whenever HDR would be detected it'd lose input and take a while to detect input. Now, I'm lucky if input ever comes back at all. My stopgap solution was turning off HDR on the Xbox; however, that would suck to lose HDR.

I've had issues with this TV since almost day one but have been able to fix them so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

·
Registered
38 Posts
have build my home theater in my basement with extreme measurements, the sound may not be optimal but it suits our family nice since noone is sound fanati
We just began having an issue recently where, while using apps on the tv, such as youtube, Netflix, etc.. the center channel will cut out. This only happens with the applications on the tv its self. It does not happen with broadcast tv, nor with external device like the xbox 1x.

I see a lot of issues coming up about reboots, but we don't really have that. Its just an issue with various onboard appls. anyone else have this recently.? like the last two weeks
I reseated my HDMI cable which travels from HDMI 3/ARC on the TV to the primary input on my onkyo receiver. At the moment, the problem has not resurfaced in a few days.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Add me to the list of rebooting TV's. No rhyme or reason as to when it reboots, sometimes a few times a day other times it will go a week without rebooting!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Add me to the list of rebooting TV's. No rhyme or reason as to when it reboots, sometimes a few times a day other times it will go a week without rebooting!
Disconnecting the TV from the network (remove ethernet cable, do not use Wi-Fi) seems to resolve this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The fact that they still have not patched this broken firmware update is absolutely ridiculous. CEC broke with my Xbox Series X and I am getting crazy signal drop outs every time I leave any app showing HDR content. Infuriating.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Man, I feel for you guys having all these issues seemingly related to firmware.
Knock on wood mines still rock solid. Haven't been connected to internet in like three years.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The fact that they still have not patched this broken firmware update is absolutely ridiculous. CEC broke with my Xbox Series X and I am getting crazy signal drop outs every time I leave any app showing HDR content. Infuriating.
Yeah, wonder if it’s the final firmware for the model. Either way, can’t trust Sony after this. Their lineup is off the list for any future upgrades for me.

Does anybody know if there is any way at all to roll back or even hack in a stable firmware?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Add me to the reboot camp. It has happened about once a week for the last 4 weeks. Soon after turning on, the power light goes out, then it comes back on with the Android boot screen. Never happened before that. Haven't checked in here for a while, and came back here to see others having the issue. Should've unplugged the ethernet cable!

20001 - 20020 of 20069 Posts